Politics

Drug denial letter covered in drugs

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#1New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 12:48:58
A nightclub boss who wrote a letter to police denying that drug use was rife in her club has lost her license, after cops found that the letter itself was covered in cocaine.

Pauline Terry wrote the letter in January, denying that Club Compass in Ramsgate, Kent was a haven for drug taking. A police raid on the venue had found 'huge' traces of various Class A drugs in the bar and toilets, including cocaine, heroin and ecstasy.

A police source said: ' It does us a lot of favours when the licencee, in defending her nightclub on drug allegations, sends in a letter covered in cocaine.'

Police licensing officer Nigel Cruttenden said: 'When we did a swab in the toilets we found traces of cocaine, heroin and ecstasy at the highest level ever recorded in Thanet. A level of four is sufficient for magistrates to order a crack house closure and we found 8.3.'

And about Terry's letter, he added: 'When I did a swab I found a reading of 1.1 for cocaine inside the envelope.'

Terry - who was fined ?1,000 for a number of license breaches last month - failed to turn up for the licensing hearing last week, at which Thanet council revoked her license. Police are recommending that the club be closed permanently.
-----------------------------------------

I'd just like to say that SOME criminals are extremely intelligent. Really.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#2New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 12:51:05
yep it's very strict in the UK. Have heard this through friends, espec one who ran a pub in the UK for a while. It was a constant battle to keep drug dealers out of the place for her.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#3New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 13:03:34
thats karma for ya
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 13:09:28
I'm surprised she's not up on drugs charges. It's illegal to allow anyone to take drugs on your premises, never mind be found in possesion of drugs. Drugs all over the letter which is in her handwriting, comes from her desk and she was the one who sent it in.

Still, idiot. How could she think that the police wouldn't send that straight to the lab for a "full forensic analysis" (which is cop speak for "I don't know. You're the scientist. You decide what to do with it" ) .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs