Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Drama steals focus from real issues in race for president

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#1New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 01:16:30
While soldiers die and the economy slows, Republicans and Democrats bicker over nonsense

Washington, D.C. - The recent explosion of muckraking among Republicans and Democrats in the race for president is a national disgrace, says the Libertarian Party. "The surge of muckraking in the presidential campaigns of the two major parties is an embarrassment and disservice to our country," says Libertarian Party Executive Director Shane Cory.

"While our soldiers are dying overseas and our economy is grinding to a halt, Republicans and Democrats would rather debate fashion and relationships," says Cory. "Reading the Drudge Report has become like reading a supermarket tabloid. Aren't there more important issues to discuss rather than what Obama wears or John McCain's private life? It's time to focus on real issues that impact the everyday lives of Americans, and get over this pathetic locker-room drama."

The Libertarian Party calls for a return back to the political issues, and urges candidates to avoid distractions that do nothing to better the nation. The Party refers to the photos circulated by Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign that show rival-candidate Barack Obama dressed in traditional Somali attire during a 2006 visit to Kenya, and the debate over John McCain's alleged relationship with a female lobbyist.

"If the Republicans and Democrats won't talk about how to fix this country, then the Libertarian Party will," says Libertarian Party National Media Coordinator Andrew Davis. "America deserves better than muckraking and personal smear-campaigns. Perhaps if Republicans and Democrats focused on policy and not theatrics, our economy would be booming and our troops would be home from Iraq."

For more information on this issue, or to arrange an interview, please call Andrew Davis at (202) 333-0008 during normal business hours, or at (202) 731-0002 during any other time.

The Libertarian Party is America's third largest political party, founded in 1971 as an alternative to the two main political parties. You can find more information on the Libertarian Party by visiting www.lp.org. The Libertarian Party proudly stands for smaller government, lower taxes and more freedom.

https://www.lp.org/media/article_567.shtml
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#2New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 01:37:39
"If the Republicans and Democrats won't talk about how to fix this country"

Where in the above piece do they discuss how to fix the country.

Who got the Libertarian Parties nod? Just because the LP stands for smaller government, etc... sure does mean they can achieve their goals

Long Beach, California
#3New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 18:09:33
Ron Paul, exept he wont win.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#4New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 21:31:49
Wouldn't the Libertarian party be happy that the candidates have free speech rights so they can say what they want?

I guess not.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#5New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 21:33:15
haha, the ad on this page is a McCain link

Long Beach, California
#6New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 21:35:04
They're refering the the fact that things that are completely irrelevent when compared to the issues at hand are even being debated
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#7New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 21:38:49
Look at the bright side Diomedes, considering the GOP screwed the pooch for the last eight years, and perhaps the Dems will do the same for the next four (considering we all know they'll win...at least we think they will) ...maybe the US will be sick and tired of their policies and look to another option. Then perhaps the Libertarian party will have a much stronger candidate in 2012 when you get to vote your first Prez election!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#8New Post! Mar 01, 2008 @ 22:30:21
@diomedes Said
They're refering the the fact that things that are completely irrelevent when compared to the issues at hand are even being debated

Well, if relevance is the key then why doesn't the libertarian party just go away? They have no relevance to US politics.

Long Beach, California
#9New Post! Mar 02, 2008 @ 06:36:19
Maybe not at the moment but in say 20 years maybe just maybe the Libertarian Party and pull a Nader and f*** over one of the major parties, plus the Libertarians have swung votes from time to time (usually in favour of Republicans).

Deleted

Emerald City,
#10New Post! Mar 02, 2008 @ 14:31:47
@aceuvclubs Said
Look at the bright side Diomedes, considering the GOP screwed the pooch for the last eight years, and perhaps the Dems will do the same for the next four (considering we all know they'll win...at least we think they will) ...maybe the US will be sick and tired of their policies and look to another option. Then perhaps the Libertarian party will have a much stronger candidate in 2012 when you get to vote your first Prez election!

the left has not only screwed the pooch but they have done everything in their power to screw America. they are invested in her defeat, want to take money from one group of citizen and give it to another, wants to punish big business and those involved.
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#11New Post! Mar 04, 2008 @ 13:32:11
Why can't people see the dems are so dang close to communist that its not even funny. how about the strong dems go to Cuba and then decide if they want to have complete control by the government.

I really hate Obamas add where he talks about how CEO's making more money in 10 minutes then the average working man makes in his whole life. AND.... What the heck? There are people that spend lots of money, racked up thousands on student loans, worked their asses of in collage to become a CEO. Now we have Obama saying that's not fair. I really need someone to tell me why this isn't fair?

I work for a small business, and my pay is pretty small as well. Yet I'm ok with people making millions. It doesn't bother me but it does say something that it seems to bother Obama. I Just wonder why it was ok for him to make close to a million last year. If its so wrong why did he not hand it over?

Deleted

Emerald City,
#12New Post! Mar 04, 2008 @ 21:44:25
@familygirl Said
Why can't people see the dems are so dang close to communist that its not even funny. how about the strong dems go to Cuba and then decide if they want to have complete control by the government.

I really hate Obamas add where he talks about how CEO's making more money in 10 minutes then the average working man makes in his whole life. AND.... What the heck? There are people that spend lots of money, racked up thousands on student loans, worked their asses of in collage to become a CEO. Now we have Obama saying that's not fair. I really need someone to tell me why this isn't fair?

I work for a small business, and my pay is pretty small as well. Yet I'm ok with people making millions. It doesn't bother me but it does say something that it seems to bother Obama. I Just wonder why it was ok for him to make close to a million last year. If its so wrong why did he not hand it over?

but he will not mind at all taking that hard earned money from those CEOs and giving it to people who do not work, will not try to better themselves, just hold their hands out for the entitlements promised by the left. he sure will not mind taxing the hell out of them to pay for his government programs
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#13New Post! Mar 04, 2008 @ 22:16:57
I'm leaving to go vote in just a few minutes. I'm Voting for the less of two evils or maybe not less but I'm voting for Hillary whom I can't stand. I am voting for her to do my part on keeping Obama from getting the Nomination. I then really hope McCain Beats her in the end. Not that I'm crazy about him but again the less of the evil.

Long Beach, California
#14New Post! Mar 04, 2008 @ 23:01:50
Just take 30 minutes of the money the CEO earns each year and put it into helping the needy (I'm refering to poor families who have to be on welfare)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs