Philosophy

Dragon of Heaven or Dragon of Earth

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#1New Post! Apr 30, 2006 @ 00:25:22
Would you rather protect the world in which we live or destroy it?

Imagine there are two forces at work, the Dragons of Heaven and the Dragons of Earth. They are fighting against each other. The Dragons of Earth want to cleanse the world of its current self; they want to "destroy" the world, so to speak, by destroying society. Think Fight Club except more extreme . . . buildings toppled, people dead, civilization as it is - gone.

The Dragons of Heaven wish to protect the earth by fighting the Dragons of Earth, by not allowing the Dragons of Earth to destroy society. They wish things to stay as they are.

Let me again make it clear - the Dragons of Earth do not wish to destroy the planey. It is quite the contrary. As they see it, the planet Earth has been corrupted by the generations upon generations of humans who have not cared about the environment or animals, or even one another, at all. The cleansing fire of destruction needs to wipe clean the slate and allow the Earth to be itself again.

The Dragons of Heaven wish the earth to stay the same, to allow people to continue to live as they are.

Which side would you follow? Would you protect this horrible world or would you instead purify it?

I think it's pretty clear which side I am on . . .

I see society as a failed experiment. Millions of people are suffering each day; only a minority are actually happy, usually at the expense of others. Why not start over with a select few who would steer the human race in the right direction this time?

Which side would you fight on and why?
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#2New Post! May 01, 2006 @ 05:29:44
Better it.

Don't protect and give way to change.

There will always be more to come.
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#3New Post! May 12, 2006 @ 18:27:44
I love when people propose the "cleanse the earth" idea.
The problem is they don't like the way the world is and feel powerless so the fantasize about a world with only a few select people in it, but what happens if you are not selected, and what about the people who made this decision, what gives them the right to decide who stays and who goes? Then if this horrible idea comes to fruition, would not those who live be stained with the blood of those who perished? Original sin all over??

The solution is that we have to work with what we have and solve our problems using our intellect if we do not then nature will take over
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#4New Post! May 13, 2006 @ 02:34:02
@baker63 Said
I love when people propose the "cleanse the earth" idea.
The problem is they don't like the way the world is and feel powerless so the fantasize about a world with only a few select people in it, but what happens if you are not selected, and what about the people who made this decision, what gives them the right to decide who stays and who goes? Then if this horrible idea comes to fruition, would not those who live be stained with the blood of those who perished? Original sin all over??

The solution is that we have to work with what we have and solve our problems using our intellect if we do not then nature will take over

That is very true, but asking the question (whether they would like to protect humanity or destroy it and why) and receiving an answer can reveal a lot about a person.
justinm On April 16, 2008

Camelot, United States (genera
#5New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 04:07:21
Humans arent truely horrible
Its all about trial and error
natural selection
triumph over weak

These things factor in to the way we function
so many people suffer because they have been overcome by others
Or have been born into a bad life
Would you rather have the stupid rule us all? besides what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right? Id like to see society live on and correct its errors. People as a majority may suffer but those who do prosper are the succesfull ones. Success isnt possible without other people. Just think of the technology we are headed towards and the places we might be able to go. George lucas's Star Wars could be just around the corner for all we know
just look at what 100 years has done for us. We can fix problems and move people away from earth to inhabit other planets so that earth isnt .....plagued? Man kind will evolve. The "Earth Dragon" cant kill us all off. Weve survived horrible things. We could be conciderd the rash that never goes away. The more you scratch the bigger we get
emrys On September 06, 2008

Orlando, Florida
#6New Post! May 11, 2008 @ 23:29:29
@shaggyjebus Said
Would you rather protect the world in which we live or destroy it?

Imagine there are two forces at work, the Dragons of Heaven and the Dragons of Earth. They are fighting against each other. The Dragons of Earth want to cleanse the world of its current self; they want to "destroy" the world, so to speak, by destroying society. Think Fight Club except more extreme . . . buildings toppled, people dead, civilization as it is - gone.

The Dragons of Heaven wish to protect the earth by fighting the Dragons of Earth, by not allowing the Dragons of Earth to destroy society. They wish things to stay as they are.

Let me again make it clear - the Dragons of Earth do not wish to destroy the planey. It is quite the contrary. As they see it, the planet Earth has been corrupted by the generations upon generations of humans who have not cared about the environment or animals, or even one another, at all. The cleansing fire of destruction needs to wipe clean the slate and allow the Earth to be itself again.

The Dragons of Heaven wish the earth to stay the same, to allow people to continue to live as they are.

Which side would you follow? Would you protect this horrible world or would you instead purify it?

I think it's pretty clear which side I am on . . .

I see society as a failed experiment. Millions of people are suffering each day; only a minority are actually happy, usually at the expense of others. Why not start over with a select few who would steer the human race in the right direction this time?

Which side would you fight on and why?

the answer to which side is niether. These are decisions for Gods and not men and to be honest, beyond that none of us are qualified which is obvious, I wouldnt want to have to make that decision. what a responsibility.

If I had to choose? I would say let it go and see what happens. The world and its cultures operate on much the same principle as economy. It comes and goes and it always will. The world gets better and then it gets worse and then better. We just dont see it because these changes accour over hundreds and sometimes thousands of years and all we see is the 60-90 years we are here. You and I just happen to be here when it aint so great. But at the end of the day blaming the world for its inconsistancies is a cop out and an excuse. We are the world. The choices we make create the world around us. So if anything all this crap going on is our fault through either wrong action or the even greater evil, inaction. But at the end of the day God has a little more experience in these matters than I do so if I had to choose I would just let the world keep turning and trust gods design. The only real flaws i can see in those designs are us and the choises we make. Everything else is pretty much amazing the way there manages to be consistent unified patterns in what seems to be total chaos is very impressive. seems to me you would simply have to trust the judgement of a being that understands every little deatail of it.
emrys On September 06, 2008

Orlando, Florida
#7New Post! May 11, 2008 @ 23:32:51
@justinm Said
Would you rather have the stupid rule us all?

Too late...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs