Door-to-Door Religious Recruitment

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#1New Post! Jan 12, 2010 @ 23:32:53
Am I weird for liking these people? Honestly, I would love it if we had more than just the sporatic door-knocker out here. They fascinate me and I really do enjoy talking to them. There was this one guy that I actually got into a good discussion with once; he was a really cool person.

All I ever hear is people b****ing about them, but what's so wrong with them? I've yet to meet one that is a crazy religious zealot; they're just passing one their word, not holding your door open forcing you to agree with it. It doesn't make them bad people forcing religion on you for knocking on your door. You can just say that you're not interested if you choose to. How is that harmful or an infraction on your right to believe as you choose?
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#2New Post! Jan 12, 2010 @ 23:37:58
You mean jehovah's witnesses and the Mormans??
sirmajorlee On February 08, 2010

Minneapolis, Minnesota
#3New Post! Jan 12, 2010 @ 23:39:15
She's just trolling!!!
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#4New Post! Jan 12, 2010 @ 23:43:24
@Thranduil Said

You mean jehovah's witnesses and the Mormans??

Any religion. I've only had various denominations of Christians, but that's probably just because that's the only major religion established in my area.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#5New Post! Jan 12, 2010 @ 23:48:59
@sirmajorlee Said

She's just trolling!!!

Or looking for a discussion... Who can tell, right?
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#6New Post! Jan 12, 2010 @ 23:54:52
I don't mind them... as long as they don't knock on my door! lol. They believe that they are supposed to "Go forth and preach the gospel to every creature." So I give 'em props for that. One time I answered to a couple when I was having a raging party. I was drunk and invited them in. They politely declined.
It's the bible quoting automatons that kinda get under my skin. No matter what you have to say to them, they quote scripture, even if it doesn't pertain to the conversation.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#7New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:08:16
@jorie_13 Said

I don't mind them... as long as they don't knock on my door! lol. They believe that they are supposed to "Go forth and preach the gospel to every creature." So I give 'em props for that. One time I answered to a couple when I was having a raging party. I was drunk and invited them in. They politely declined.
It's the bible quoting automatons that kinda get under my skin. No matter what you have to say to them, they quote scripture, even if it doesn't pertain to the conversation.

Romans 1:24-32
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator?who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

God bless you.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:09:31
@aquine Said

Romans 1:24-32
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator?who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

God bless you.

Yeah exactly like that.
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#9New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:12:06
Yup.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#10New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:12:59
Is it weird that I find aquine fascinating too?
\m//O_O\\m/

#11New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:14:12
@chisa96 Said

I'd choose a different word than fascinating.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#12New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:15:04
@SparklyKatie Said

Yeah exactly like that.

Do you know how to test whether or not somebody is Truly arrogant?

You do something obvious, and then if that person points out what you did it shows that they Truly believe that the person who did it is not as intelligent as them and thereby reveals their superiority complex.

Many 'nice' people are really just arrogant intellectuals, with a superiority complex.

May the Lord have mercy.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#13New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:16:25
@SparklyKatie Said

I'd choose a different word than fascinating.

Informative.

May the Lord have mercy.
\m//O_O\\m/

#14New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:19:27
@aquine Said

Do you know how to test whether or not somebody is Truly arrogant?

You do something obvious, and then if that person points out what you did it shows that they Truly believe that the person who did it is not as intelligent as them and thereby reveals their superiority complex.

Many 'nice' people are really just arrogant intellectuals, with a superiority complex.

May the Lord have mercy.

But aquine You do that all the time!

I've lost count how many of your posts have contained nothing but scripture which is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#15New Post! Jan 13, 2010 @ 00:19:30
@chisa96 Said

Hosea 7:6
6 Their hearts are like an oven;
they approach him with intrigue.
Their passion smolders all night;
in the morning it blazes like a flaming fire.

God bless you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs