Woman Talk

Donating eggs

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 20:35:04
Have any of you ever donated your eggs? Or known anyone who has?

I'm currently looking into it and would like some personal opinions on it.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 20:45:07
@Silver_Lining Said

Have any of you ever donated your eggs? Or known anyone who has?

I'm currently looking into it and would like some personal opinions on it.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 21:15:08
You can have these f you like https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250802613
RIP Boobie

#4New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 21:32:19
I'm after some serious replies so if you could please refrain from posting crap then that would be great. Thanks.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#5New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 23:48:06
I would but didn't know anything about it really until I was past the preferred age range. Plus, I'm short and not really proportioned they way most parents would prefer so you know. Not the best candidate. Oh well.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 23:48:51
I don't have any first hand knowledge or know anyone who has, but I think it's a great thing to do.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Jun 22, 2014 @ 01:13:35
I don't know much about it, but I thought you had to take a lot of hormones and stuff. That might not be right though.

I am sure I would be a bad candidate for that because of the heart disease and cancer that runs in my family.
RIP Boobie

#8New Post! Jun 22, 2014 @ 08:39:50
@floydgirrl Said

I don't know much about it, but I thought you had to take a lot of hormones and stuff. That might not be right though.

I am sure I would be a bad candidate for that because of the heart disease and cancer that runs in my family.

Yeah, the site I looked at said there is hormone treatment involved.
RIP Boobie

#9New Post! Jun 22, 2014 @ 09:52:52
@alk1975 Said

I would but didn't know anything about it really until I was past the preferred age range. Plus, I'm short and not really proportioned they way most parents would prefer so you know. Not the best candidate. Oh well.

I'm pretty short but I have other things going for me that may be things people want

@Dark_Tink Said

I don't have any first hand knowledge or know anyone who has, but I think it's a great thing to do.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do some more research into it.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jul 02, 2014 @ 06:58:22
Thinking of becoming an egg donor is massive, what a lovely thing to even be thinking about. Would you also consider having some of your own frozen for the future just in case you would need them, or is it just donating for others you are interested in?
RIP Boobie

#11New Post! Jul 02, 2014 @ 07:57:24
@Sparklegirl Said

Thinking of becoming an egg donor is massive, what a lovely thing to even be thinking about. Would you also consider having some of your own frozen for the future just in case you would need them, or is it just donating for others you are interested in?

Just donating to others.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 06, 2015 @ 18:52:16
@Sparklegirl Said

Spot on, Sparkle. It is massive.

I think I've been a little selfish in my outlook to date because I have spent several years going though all the hoops regarding getting a sperm donor for my own fertilisation treatment.

Donation of biological material is not just all about the medical aspects. There are other things involved such as the legal issues, financial considerations, deciding on whether or not the donor would have any contact or influence in the life of offspring produced and even whether or not the eggs should be donated for direct implantation or freezing.

What would happen to them if the donor died and the surviving partner didn't want them to be used..? Of if unexpected legal issues arose..?(Think Diane Blood and her deceased husband's frozen sperm)

There are all sorts of considerations involved and trust me, it's a minefield that can put incredible stress on all concerned. I've been there.

In principle, I'd be inclined to think favourably about donating eggs, but not yet. Right now, we just want to focus on being a family. But I'm aware that others could benefit from a donation.

There is so much to think about. I'll help with advice in any way I can, from my experience, but please be patient, I don't get much time to myself these days to spend online... <laughing>.

I wouldn't change things for the world.
chaski On about 11 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#13New Post! Jan 06, 2015 @ 21:11:07
I think women should trade eggs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs