The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Does this sound good for a play's plot? PLEASE READ I NEED ADVICE!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
hilariouslyhilarious On September 17, 2006

Wilmington, Delaware
#1New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 22:36:34
I am entering the Junior playrights festival here in Deleware. I need your help! Please tell me if this sound good for a play. Is the plot good? how bout the charecters? Would you want to go see this play?? TELL ME!!! I NEED THE ADVICE AND FEEDBACK!!!

ok here it is.

Characters:

Schylar: Female (( AKA Schy {sky} )) Main character/story based character
Diana: Female (( AKA Dii {die or dy} )) Co- character/ second based story character (best friend))
Craig: Male Co-character/ second based story character (( best friend))
John: Male Co-charater/ third based story character (( aka Guy in the band ))
Kevin:Male Co-character/ third based story character ((aka another guy in the band ))

Personalities: Schylar: Crazy, funny, somewhat becomes and "outsider" to friends, Hair changes weekly,at times is the "cheerer uper" and at others is the "i need a cheerer uper" type of moods, spur of them moment type of person, isnt all so much serious all the time, can put to much trust in people, forgives but doesnt forget, verry emotional, loves most things, doesnt let much bring her down, verry disorganized,a dreamer.

Diana: More serious then playful, verry "conservative", makes the most sense, is the most comforting, a goody goody type of personality, would do anything for friends, doesnt like change, verry organized, is a "true"person/ sticks with reality.

Craig: A little Shy, funny, verry verry comedic, happy, tall, open minded, band manager, smart.

John: sarcastic, funny, loud, out there, happy, always there, loving,

Kevin: Shy, serious, happy, giddy,impatient, stays the same.

Story: The charecters are in a band. That is what they do to "get away" from school and things.

Plot: When Schylar, who is verry close to her friends, becomes depressed, she begins to turn away from her group of friends (( Diana, Craig, John,and Kevin )) Her friends relize that soething is up when she doesnt show up for band practice ((they have a rock band)). Craig ((who secretly likes Schylar)) Trys to call her many times and she doesnt answer. Diana begins to take things into her own hands and when she shows up at schylars house, Schylar is mad. Diana and Schylar get into a huge fight and Schylar breaks away from all contact with any of the group. No one knows why Schylar is so upset, she doesnt even know herself. Kevin ((one of the friends in the band)) Becomes sick and is admitted into the local hospital. Craig gets a hold of Schylar and notifies her of the news. She wants to visit Kevin but is so ashamed of herself that she cant. Weeks go by and Kevin's sickness gets worse. One day when all the friends are there Schylar shows up. She walks in the door and it as if all is forgiven. The friends make up and Kevin miraculously begins to get better. In the end they are all back together and Schylar knows that nothing should keep her away from keeping her friends close. This is a story of drama and suspence
wristband On July 19, 2009

Emerald City,
#3New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 22:51:29
I think that you need to develop the climax, or struggle a little more. Something tense has to happen. You should resolve it somehow, maybe showing why schylar decides to come back.

Wilmington, Delaware
#4New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 22:57:43
@wristband2 Said
I think that you need to develop the climax, or struggle a little more. Something tense has to happen. You should resolve it somehow, maybe showing why schylar decides to come back.

She comes bac bcz Kevin is sick and she needs to be there for him.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 22:58:22
@wristband2 Said

Agreed. And I wouldn't spell Diana's nickname "Die." It just looks very...sad, gloomy, etc. But that's a minor detail.

Wilmington, Delaware
#6New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 23:03:54
@annski729 Said
Agreed. And I wouldn't spell Diana's nickname "Die." It just looks very...sad, gloomy, etc. But that's a minor detail.

Yes ma'am! lol how bout dy? i kno my friend frinds name is Diana and they call her Dy i just dunno how i should spell it. Is dy ok ya think?
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 23:12:58
@hilariouslyhilarious Said
Yes ma'am! lol how bout dy? i kno my friend frinds name is Diana and they call her Dy i just dunno how i should spell it. Is dy ok ya think?

I guess. I just wouldn't use "Die" because it makes me think of death, which is very depressing. How do they spell your friend's name?

Wilmington, Delaware
#8New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 23:19:12
@annski729 Said
I guess. I just wouldn't use "Die" because it makes me think of death, which is very depressing. How do they spell your friend's name?

oh i dunno...usually when they spell her name they spell her full name "diana" but i think when they do its Dy or die..i unno
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs