The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Body Art

Does anyone have a HIP SURFACE piercing??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
Duckiee On January 30, 2009

Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 23:05:19
heyy. i have both of my hips pierced. i only got them done last week. pain wise to be honest they dont really hurt. i had my belly done and its the same amount of pain as that. and i dont have a high pain threshold either (: i mean dont get me wrong they do hurt but they're not that bad.
i have to say with mine the barbells have started to go deeper and deeper into my skin but i am going to contact my piercer for advice and probably get rings put in so they dont create a gaping hole!
another thing is like everyone knows, the rejection rate is pretty high. some people say like 90%! so bare that in mind when making your decision.
to be honest i would wait a couple of months to decide. i didnt and i regret it. so i would definately do that.
i have to say though i think they're the most gorgeous piercings you can get in my opinion. when mine are healed i will be chuffed. so i'll be gutted when they eventually reject so im going to make the most of them!
hope that helped. good luck! xx
cosmo09 On March 25, 2009

the sticks, Canada
#17New Post! Feb 20, 2009 @ 02:10:01
i got my hips done yesturday. this is my 10th and 11th piercing. And my 4th surface piercing. I can tell you anything about piercings I have 11 now.
And I am majorng in physcial and cultural anthropology with a subdisipline in body modification. My hips are doing great. I got mine done at this place called White Lotus, they were so great since my first surface i swear i would never ever go anywhere else. I alos got my lower back pierced there too. and it healed very very well. But as luck would have it i went down south for a week ago and i was in the ocean alot. The salt water there healed up everything instantly.
Please be careful when you get it done. and DO not get it done with a surface bar. this part of the body has alot of movement, probly some of the most moverment out of everywhere else. Your hips move and stretch the skin so be careful not to get it to close to the skin sitting right on top of the hip bone. This, is a very bad idea.

My piercer made me bring a series of shirts and a few pairs of pants, and then made me move around for a bit so he could monitor where my pants and jeans would sit when I sit and stand to make sure my piercings would be ablove all of my pants. Then he marked me ad measured me and the lined up the bottem dot with a marker on left and right and then the top ones. Then measured the space between each dot, and then the angles. Also, I have my belly button pierced so he used it as a central point. He measured the distance from one side to the center and so on. If your Piercer really cared about the well being and safety of their client they should be doing all of this.

when i was all measured up, his co workers took a look and doubled checked to make sure everything was lined up, and he moved the dots a little on each side and we were good to go. And as usual it was one deep breath and over with. I will tell you that because this skin is tougher there will be pressure. my right one was great. But as they say the second one always hurts more, and it did. But it was my own fault because I flinched and he stopped so that I could get myself together. Then I was done.

When you do get it done people will tell you that your best bet is PTFE plasic, WRONG, this plastic will melt when put in and autoclave, and possibly with body heat, thus relesing chemicals into your skin. However what I do reccomend is Tygon. Got my sternum changed to tygon and my back was pierced with tygon and my hips yesturday were done with tygon. Tygon, is the same material decataters are made of and people with diabetic pumps use the same tubing, thus this is a material designed to be in your body, clearly surgical and safe. But just like people who have diabetic pumps, it is sanitary tochange it, when you get your hips done it is reccomended to change it every 4-6 weeks for 3-6 months. after that just change it every 6 months, i mean im sure you'd like to switch the beads up andway so it's not like a nagging chore.

So there you have it. good luck
chelle1991 On March 22, 2009

York, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 10:47:31
I wanted one there for about maybe 5 months, then went off the idea, waste of money.. but then what peircing isnt ?? lol.
bishop666 On April 28, 2009

Boca Raton,
#19New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 17:36:10
Removed.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#20New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 17:38:02
@bishop666 Said

Since there seem to be so many women out there who are desirous of poking holes in their bodies, I have an idea that will fulfill that need as well as provide adequate contraception. Here's how it goes. You have a medium sized ring, whatever that is, Gold or otherwise, inserted into each kneecap. Then, moments before any anticipated sexual relations, you take a length of high tensile strength nylon fishing line and connect the two rings, thereby bringing your knees together in a locked position. And there you have it,instant and fashionable contraception.

ahhh, so you are into the S&M stuff
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#21New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 17:40:54
@x_Laura_x Said

You mean this?

Seems pretty pointless to me, but each to their own I guess.

Wow, I think that is incredibly sexy.
Cool s***.
bishop666 On April 28, 2009

Boca Raton,
#22New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 23:26:53
@skottie Said

ahhh, so you are into the S&M stuff

Not at all, but the people who receive the piercing seem to be.
Why subject yourself to the potential pain, present and future, as well as the possibility of infection at the pierced site simply to have a piece of metal hanging from some part of your anatomy?
Please explain.
adonis On October 21, 2010

, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 23:32:30
@angel21 Said

They look painful

They look painful for us fellas if the knob thingy comes off, we could get impaled.

weaksauce On May 28, 2011

DFW, Texas
#24New Post! Mar 20, 2009 @ 23:34:48
i can honestly say that i have never seen that before. its kinda cool. does it ever get hung up on anything?
rachelleroy On January 26, 2010

melbourne, Australia
#25New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 04:52:41
omg, i have 10 peircings atm soon to be 11 for my birthday. 8 out of the 10 peircings i have done myself. hip peircings are ones i reeeeally want, and i did peirce it once but took it out after a few minutes because i only decided to think about it logically after i peirced it... but im gunna wait till im of age to ge tit done professionaly, infections too risky with that one. and its hard because the needles are straight but the peircings are usually curved.
lucym492 On September 03, 2009

, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 13:04:44
No it really doesnt ... i went and had mine done on tueday and i thought the same but no ... it was over pretty quickly =]

i love it
mike_n_manda On April 05, 2016

, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 13:20:50
im scared to get my ear peirced so there is no way id get that done, lol whats the point in it anyway.....
lovesucks On May 19, 2010

ypslanti,
#28New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 13:22:51
it looks painful
danutaah On October 22, 2009

gloucester, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Oct 22, 2009 @ 23:20:20
seriously !, i had mine done today and i have a fear of needles like every time i have my blood taken i pass out ! haah silly i know , however i had it done today and 1st of all he put the needle through my skin and this was about as painful as an injection , then he put the bar in this hurt a little more but still not painful , if you can take an injection you can do this easy , it doesnt get caught on my jeans or anything its too high up , looks well pretty , and i didnt even have it numbed , and i can touch it with out it hurting , just a bit soar but i supose thats wat you get for having some metal in you haha , seriously consider it there awesom and my top ear piercing hurt more then this lool xx
super_noodle92 On November 01, 2009

Liverpool, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Nov 01, 2009 @ 18:06:34
hiya i had a surface piercing on my wrist and to be honest there pretty pointless as the rejection rate is so high and they leave you with a pretty gross scar. i highly recomend you get microdermals instead i've got 2 microdermals on each hip so they look like a surface piercing only without the bar. They dont hurt at all, heal alot quicker and have a much higher success rate. xox
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs