The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Does God create perfect souls or imperfect souls? Or both?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:20:55
Here's the hole in the "omnipotence" requirement of the gods. Gods seem to hold more water in the way the Greeks portrayed them. Selfish, jealous but kind and sometimes wise. Rash and harsh, but loving when they felt like it. The makers of the world and yet, not fully in control of the Universe. It freed them from the chains of a conventional god and definately stopped questions like this from cropping up. Unfortunately it left them open to being stripped of their status as gods.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:27:26
god dosnt make souls. they exist, there are many gods and to credit just one with the making of our souls is forgetting the rest who are equally as important
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:28:17
'it's turtles all the way down'

i don't see the point in god,
i don't think there's a concious presence that created us perfect or imperfect.

but i think the idea is that people are flawed and full of sin because that damn eve woman *shakes fist*
so we were perfect but we screwed ourselves.
devonr On September 29, 2010

Area 42, South Africa
#5New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:29:02
@greatestiam Said
Does God create perfect souls or imperfect souls? Or both?

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

If His works are perfect and we are all His works then logic would say that we are perfect.

If He makes souls imperfect then we must somehow reach perfection before entering Heaven.

Most believe that the onus is on us to do whatever need doing to get to Heaven.
I believe that God makes us perfect as scripture indicates and wonder why most believe that God has somehow screwed up on the creation of perfect souls.

If God cannot screw up then all around us is as I see it. Perfect.

If you cannot agree that all about us is perfect, then when did perfection change to imperfection and who was the cause.

God making souls. Good one , good one, oops, oops, good one, good one, oops, goo----.

Regards
DL

God makes perfect souls, but after the Fall (Adam eating a fruit) all became imperfect (ie. sin). People are born perfect but are also born into sin, thereby making them imperfect.

Example: Brand new car drives out of a dealer straight through a waterfall of mud and nails.
davros On March 04, 2008
Troll

Bristol, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:30:05
We are perfect in the sense we are free to achieve the best and worst possible.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:31:56
how can one bloke who by the way was onto his second wife when he met eve change things? an apple???? come on.
its a bedtime story for kids. no one really believes that some god created one man and one woman and we all came from them??? thats incest for a start and secondly, the bible talks about them having 2 sons. boy+boy = no babies cos you need a woman to have one. no womb you see. just a willy

Area 42, South Africa
#8New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:36:04
@alexkidd Said

i don't see the point in god,
i don't think there's a concious presence that created us perfect or imperfect.

Then how on Earth do the centrosomes in a cell know how and when to cause the cell to divide, did the whole complex life cycle of a cell just occur by chance( some random atoms joining up), 'cause I can only see intelligent design there.

Area 42, South Africa
#9New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:36:55
@trillian Said
how can one bloke who by the way was onto his second wife when he met eve change things? an apple???? come on.
its a bedtime story for kids. no one really believes that some god created one man and one woman and we all came from them??? thats incest for a start and secondly, the bible talks about them having 2 sons. boy+boy = no babies cos you need a woman to have one. no womb you see. just a willy

They had a daughter as well.

Plus I find it even more difficult to believe that something went BANG and all matter in existence , with all physical laws, was created. And some atoms, floating around in the mix happened to create cell.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#10New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:37:07
@trillian Said

haha,
....well...eve was still there...

i think you'd be suprised by the amount of people that believe that as literal truth.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#11New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:39:06
@trillian Said

Actually eventhough they talk mostly about there 2 sons the bible mentiones that they have many children.

Yes I think were created with the capacity for perfection but nones born "perfect" it's somthing to be erned.

I don't think we go to heaven. If the religious god exists then were ment to live in an earthy utopia which was gods origional plan. If hes god he wouldn't need to change this nore would he.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#12New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:40:13
@devonr Said
Then how on Earth do the centrosomes in a cell know how and when to cause the cell to divide, did the whole complex life cycle of a cell just occur by chance( some random atoms joining up), 'cause I can only see intelligent design there.

yeah...thats the way, if there's something in nature or physics that you don't understand, lets say god did it and go home for tea.

i believe that we are all part of a natural process unguided by a concious omnipitent being.
i believe this because i have seen no evidence that god exists, if i do i may re-evaluate my opinions then.

Area 42, South Africa
#13New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:42:58
@arcades Said

Yes I think were created with the capacity for perfection but nones born "perfect" it's somthing to be erned.

We can't earn perfection, how can something dirty make itself clean with out using anything but itself, it's impossible. You need somthing clean (water) to cleanse something.

Area 42, South Africa
#14New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:44:46
@alexkidd Said
yeah...thats the way, if there's something in nature or physics that you don't understand, lets say god did it and go home for tea.

not much better than saying it was evolution, is it?
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#15New Post! Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:50:05
@devonr Said
We can't earn perfection, how can something dirty make itself clean with out using anything but itself, it's impossible. You need somthing clean (water) to cleanse something.

Exactly.

Clean being our conscious ability to make ourselves better body and mind. All you need is a "clean" idiology and perception.

Our intelligence, more advanced then any other earth based creature, allowes us to mentally creat the clean thats needed.

If you look at self progression it very simmilar to making your self lterrally clean. In effect were "cleaning" our mental.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs