The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Gaming

Does A Wii Remote Work On A Different Wii?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:05:10
Hi!

Well the other day I went around my friends house to play the Wii and I took my remote so that we could play two together but it wouldn't connect and it just flashed for about 5-10 seconds.
So I was just wondering if you could use a Wii remote on a different Wii console than it usually used for.
Also, if you can.. How?

Thanks in advance guys! (:
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:08:48
Yes: the same way you connected the Wii remotes originally when you first got the system.

Turn the Wii on. Remove the battery cover of the Wii remote and press the little red button. Now open the SD card door of the Wii. Press that little red button. They will sync.

Re-do this procedure with your own Wii when you get back home.

There's an alternate method that involves going to the Wii Remote settings (the one you can get to when you press the home button on an active remote), selecting Reconnect, and then hitting 1+2 simultaneously on the un-synced remote. Supposedly this will perform a "one-time sync" but it's never worked well for me. You have to re-do this every time you load a new game or turn the Wii off and on, so it's sort of a pain in the butt anyway.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:12:18
We took ours to my in-laws house and used them there, they worked interchangeably, with theirs, and we would switch around the motion add on too.

I think all we had to do was let the wii sit on a flat surface for a bit to let it orientate to the console. I think it might have been about 30 seconds to a minute. Maybe it was trying to orientate with the flashing, but you have to let it be still and flat.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:14:55
Yeah, mine work at friends' houses.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:17:37
@jonnythan Said

Yes: the same way you connected the Wii remotes originally when you first got the system.

Turn the Wii on. Remove the battery cover of the Wii remote and press the little red button. Now open the SD card door of the Wii. Press that little red button. They will sync.

Re-do this procedure with your own Wii when you get back home.

There's an alternate method that involves going to the Wii Remote settings (the one you can get to when you press the home button on an active remote), selecting Reconnect, and then hitting 1+2 simultaneously on the un-synced remote. Supposedly this will perform a "one-time sync" but it's never worked well for me. You have to re-do this every time you load a new game or turn the Wii off and on, so it's sort of a pain in the butt anyway.

This, of course is the correct answer. Never heard of the 'one-time sync' but it sounds pointless.

I will also add that it is possible to download your Mii onto your Wii controller so you can take your Mii to your friend's house and not have to make a new one there.
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:22:17
Thank You jonnythan, a great help! :D
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 18:24:23
@someone_else Said

This, of course is the correct answer. Never heard of the 'one-time sync' but it sounds pointless.

I will also add that it is possible to download your Mii onto your Wii controller so you can take your Mii to your friend's house and not have to make a new one there.

Yes, good point, I forgot about that. I made sure to download my and kyahbean's Miis onto all our remotes for just such occasions

I think each remote can hold something like 10 Miis.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs