The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Do you love Satan and demons as scriptures say you should?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 13:53:35

Does love the sinner and hate the sin means that Satan and demons are to be loved?

The reason being that sin is a happy fault and necessary to our growth. Listen to this hymn please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOvYn1OAL0&list=UUDXjzOeZRqLxhYaaEhWLb_A&index=9

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

This statement has no qualifiers and since Christian tradition says that we are all sinners then it follows that all souls and sinners end in heaven. If God loves all sinners then this view must include Satan and demons and all of us as we are told that we as sinners have all been condemned and thus in need of salvation. It would also mean that non-believers, atheists and those of all the other faiths who are truly lost will also be saved by Jesus.

If that be the case then what this bishop says must be truth in that hell is a religious construct and a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

These logical inferences are quite clear and I would like to hear from any who can argue against our having to love Satan and demons and against the notion that hell does not exist.

Many say that God is love.

Scriptures also say that God hates sinners even in the womb as in the story of Jacob and Esau contradicting what was said above.

If God is love, how could he hate anyone including Satan and demons?

If sin cannot abide in God as tradition states and God hates, ---- and to hate is a sin, then does sin abide in God?

Unconditional love should mean that God loves all unconditionally including Satan and demons.

Is God’s love unconditional or does it come with conditions like us having to love, honor and obey him?

Is sin necessary for mental growth?

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 14:08:46
@GreatestIam2 Said

Does love the sinner and hate the sin means that Satan and demons are to be loved?

The reason being that sin is a happy fault and necessary to our growth. Listen to this hymn please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOvYn1OAL0&list=UUDXjzOeZRqLxhYaaEhWLb_A&index=9

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

This statement has no qualifiers and since Christian tradition says that we are all sinners then it follows that all souls and sinners end in heaven. If God loves all sinners then this view must include Satan and demons and all of us as we are told that we as sinners have all been condemned and thus in need of salvation. It would also mean that non-believers, atheists and those of all the other faiths who are truly lost will also be saved by Jesus.

If that be the case then what this bishop says must be truth in that hell is a religious construct and a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

These logical inferences are quite clear and I would like to hear from any who can argue against our having to love Satan and demons and against the notion that hell does not exist.

Many say that God is love.

Scriptures also say that God hates sinners even in the womb as in the story of Jacob and Esau contradicting what was said above.

If God is love, how could he hate anyone including Satan and demons?

If sin cannot abide in God as tradition states and God hates, ---- and to hate is a sin, then does sin abide in God?

Unconditional love should mean that God loves all unconditionally including Satan and demons.

Is God’s love unconditional or does it come with conditions like us having to love, honor and obey him?

Is sin necessary for mental growth?

Regards
DL

Scripture says we should love what God loves and hate what he hates.

If He did not have love for them also He would not have insisted that they be given a fair chance to prove their ase.

There is a big difference however between loving nyone or thing and loving what that one or thign does. Therefore one ;oves Satan and the Demons but hates what they do, as God does.

The same goes for God's view of humans.

If He did not love us He would nto have arranged the opportunity for us to get out form under the twin influences of Satan and our own weak flesh.

Nor would He have agreed to His son coming to earth.

Nor would he have arranged for the resurrection to give those who have died ignorant to have a second chance.

Nor would He have arranged, again through His son, for the teaching and teaching work to show people how to save themselves.

Unlike some humans He is not full of self interest, nor is He particularly interested in the individual. His love for and interest in, mankind as a whole, and it is mankind as a whole He wants the best for.

Not full of self interest? Well what can any man do for Him apart from give Him peace of mind. And we can only do that if we cooperate in supporting what is best for all, not just usas individuals..
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#3New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 14:15:00
Don't love Satan and demons for the same reason I don't love elves and hobbits.

They don't exist.

Banned

#4New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:40:06
@boxer Said

Don't love Satan and demons for the same reason I don't love elves and hobbits.

They don't exist.

You mean you don't acknowledge that they exist, lol, it's not the same thing.

You can't possibly mean that they don't because there is no way you could know that, especially since they do (Satan and the demons that is) and in a way you and people like you are living proof of that.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#5New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:46:10
@MadCornishBiker Said

You mean you don't acknowledge that they exist, lol, it's not the same thing.

You can't possibly mean that they don't because there is no way you could know that, especially since they do (Satan and the demons that is) and in a way you and people like you are living proof of that.

I mean that they don't exist.

Unless you want me to remind you that there is no way you can prove the existence of god every time you mention it.

Banned

#6New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:50:08
@boxer Said

I mean that they don't exist.

Unless you want me to remind you that there is no way you can prove the existence of god every time you mention it.

In which case you mane that you don;t believe they exist. Reality is reality whether or not you wish to acknowledge it, and denying their existence doesn't mean they don't

As my signature say, if wishes were horses then beggars would ride. You can wish they don't exist as much as you like, but they do, and your wishing them away doesn't change that.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#7New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 16:01:53
@MadCornishBiker Said

In which case you mane that you don;t believe they exist. Reality is reality whether or not you wish to acknowledge it, and denying their existence doesn't mean they don't

As my signature say, if wishes were horses then beggars would ride. You can wish they don't exist as much as you like, but they do, and your wishing them away doesn't change that.

Remember that every time you reference god as though he exists.. I'll remind you that you are telling lies because you can't prove it m and only believe that he exists.

Banned

#8New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 16:32:26
@boxer Said

Remember that every time you reference god as though he exists.. I'll remind you that you are telling lies because you can't prove it m and only believe that he exists.

I have proved it to my satisfaction, so no I am not telling lies. You may not realise it but you are, and I shall always remind you about that.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#9New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 17:54:58
@GreatestIam2 Said

All of us are born into darkness without the ability to love God. Yes the devil is our Spiritual Father until the Spirit of God compels us to believe Jesus.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 17:58:59
@magicgoat Said

All of us are born into darkness without the ability to love God. Yes the devil is our Spiritual Father until the Spirit of God compels us to believe Jesus.

So if I do not believe in Jesus, it is god's fault.

Good to know.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#11New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 18:03:01
@chaski Said

So if I do not believe in Jesus, it is god's fault.

Good to know.

But even those who will not repent and believe upon Jesus will serve the Lord for eternity.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#12New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 18:06:21
@magicgoat Said

But even those who will not repent and believe upon Jesus will serve the Lord for eternity.

So we have no worries, we all get to go to heaven regardless of what we believe.

Good to know.

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 18:06:38
@MadCornishBiker Said

Unlike some humans He is not full of self interest, nor is He particularly interested in the individual. His love for and interest in, mankind as a whole, and it is mankind as a whole He wants the best for.

His first commandment says that you are a liar.

Actually, his first four depending on which set you cater to.

If he wanted the best for the whole of mankind then he would not have condemned the vast majority of us to hell.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#14New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 18:13:37
@magicgoat Said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDgyOKej1k&feature=player_embedded

Put your brain in gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-91mSkxaXs

Regards
DL

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#15New Post! Jan 15, 2013 @ 18:18:36
@chaski Said

So we have no worries, we all get to go to heaven regardless of what we believe.

Good to know.

It means that God wastes nothing and that even the devil and his angels will be used for the greater Glory of God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs