The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Abortion

Do you find this offensive, disrespectful or sexist?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
colonel_ingus On April 10, 2008

HI, Hawaii
#1New Post! Apr 10, 2008 @ 03:05:41
Hello. The other day I was involved in a conversation about abortion and the guy that I
was talking to made some comments that I found highly offensive, disrespectful and
sexist toward women. His wife, whom is my friend, told me that the comments were not
disrespectful, so now I'm a bit befuddled. The comments in question are listed below.

Do you find them offensive, disrespectful or sexist toward women?

Any comments about your decision would be a bit helpful. Thank you.

Quote:
The onus has to be on the girl if she doesnt want to fall pregnant.

Quote:
If she then falls pregnant a second time and wants another abortion, she should
then be sterilised so there will never be a third.

Quote:
Its the woman that has to carry the can for whatever situation she finds herself in.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 10, 2008 @ 07:36:05
I would say they are. It takes two tango. It also could be that she's not ready to be a mother and something happened like the condom broke or whatever. Not feeling ready to be a mother is a good reason because some women will hurt themselves or the baby if that is the case, so sterilisation is probably not the best idea.

As for the third comment, excuse me! She's pregnant then the "can" she's carrying has half your DNA so it's partly your responsibility.

What is this guy's wife on?
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#3New Post! Apr 10, 2008 @ 08:49:34
He sounds like an ignorant arsehole, take no notice, not worth time or energy.
barbiemom On August 07, 2008

Covington, Indiana
#4New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 01:44:27
Not so much offensive, but highly sexist and stupid. The woman gets pregnate and it is her own fault? I think NOT. You stick it in, you better make sure it is covered. It really pisses me off, this double standard about women. You would think in this day and age, we would be over that. I guess not.
xphile2868 On July 01, 2015

Preston, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 11:57:19
Those are deeply misogynistic and disrespectful comments, and he's pretty much a moron, as is his wife for standing up for him.
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 23, 2008 @ 09:12:38
Although it is fairly common for a woman to try and get pregnant even though
the man doesn't want her to, these comments are just ignorant.
exodia22 On May 05, 2008

, Washington
#7New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 03:39:58
blame contraceptives, blame condoms, sounds logical to me.

i mean dont even have sex unless your planning on an accident to happen, and if the accident happens you shouldn't be able make a 2nd accident by getting an abortion.

that guy sounds like the girls that say they can get an abortion without telling the father.
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 03:53:59
i think these are not educated on the effects an affects it has on a lady who finds herself pregnant,anyone can get pregnant even if they are using contraceptive and the woman has to have male sperm to poss turn the egg into a baby,unless they actually knows what goes on in these clinics they should keep there ignorance to themselfs or take it upon themselves to get educated about abortion.
xphile2868 On July 01, 2015

Preston, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 09:54:08
@exodia22 Said

i mean dont even have sex unless your planning on an accident to happen, and if the accident happens you shouldn't be able make a 2nd accident by getting an abortion.

that guy sounds like the girls that say they can get an abortion without telling the father.

Are you stupid? People should ALWAYS use condoms and other forms of contraceptive unless they specifically want a child.

And abortions are not accidents, they are the choice of the woman. And why shouldn't teenage girls be able to have an abortion without their parents finding out?
lesfox719 On July 17, 2009

Bowling Green, Kentucky
#10New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 12:13:22
@exodia22 Said

And communism will fix all the worlds problems too.

You know, if people were perfect this might work, but guess what, we are sexual creatures that want to have sex and will do so, even when the idea of reproduction is more than impractical.

And girls should be allowed to get an abortion without ever telling a parent. Especially if he's some overbearing douche bag.
amish On July 29, 2008

#11New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 19:21:46
fact: teaching people to not have sex results in more teen pregnancies than teaching them to use condoms and other contraceptives.

to whomever was under another impression.
mousemarie On February 18, 2009

Deleted

Germantown, Maryland
#12New Post! Apr 26, 2008 @ 03:54:46
Ignorant. It is like he is saying the man has no responsibility at all except in making the child. I don't see how she puts up with that sort of attitude!!
redhead On December 25, 2008

, Australia
#13New Post! May 01, 2008 @ 12:26:46
I'm going to agree with him. If you're the one who's going to be screwed over, it's heavily your responsibility to ensure nothing happens. Too many people blame the guy for not using a condom, when she clearly didn't say no. Many also screw up taking the pill. It's your responsibility to ensure you're doing it right and deal with the consequences.

Also agree, you screw up twice, sterilise her. If you can't learn from the first time, save her the $400 of the next abortion, and the one after that. If that fails, at least we're stopping idiots from pro-creating. Yes, accidents happen, but the chance can be minimised and you now have the morning after pill. No real excuse for two accidents. It's become too common a thing for people to ignore and contraception and planning on the off to just get an abortion if anything happens. That is a little disturbing.

Who ever was under the impression the parent should be told of an abortion, it's the same as with any other teen medical issues. They gave us confidentiality so we would go get professional treatment and not a coat hanger and vacuum cleaner or "trip" down the stairs.
leanarhaine On May 09, 2008

Los Angeles,
#14New Post! May 08, 2008 @ 02:09:20
The comments are kinda offensive, disrespectful and sexist toward women. So women, don't make a fool out of yourself by having such an idiot in your life.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs