The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Do universal care hospitals send medical bills to the government?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On about 14 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 18:58:49
I've been studying how medical payments are made in the US and I was wondering if in the UK and Spain, where patients are not charged directly for their operations, if the hospitals send medical bills for the government to pay. I know the government directly pays the salaries of the medical personnel, but what about the visits and the actual work that's done on the patients.

Like for example, if a woman gives birth, does the hospital charge the government, let's say 2000 euros or pounds?

How does it work?
Darkman666 On about 13 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 23:01:19
@Conflict Said

I've been studying how medical payments are made in the US and I was wondering if in the UK and Spain, where patients are not charged directly for their operations, if the hospitals send medical bills for the government to pay. I know the government directly pays the salaries of the medical personnel, but what about the visits and the actual work that's done on the patients.

Like for example, if a woman gives birth, does the hospital charge the government, let's say 2000 euros or pounds?

How does it work?

the government will cover by 60 to 80 percent, mostly 80 percent of the bill, and you have to pay the rest of the bill. the government will choose what they are going cover and what they are going. if the government doesn't paid for 80 percent, you have to paid full amount of the bill.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Apr 03, 2020 @ 00:14:18
@Conflict Said

How does it work?

Are the hospitals gov't owned?

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#4New Post! Apr 03, 2020 @ 14:58:48
@mrmhead Said

Are the hospitals gov't owned?

Yes, they are.

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Apr 03, 2020 @ 18:11:50
@Conflict Said

Yes, they are.

Then I would GUESS that the hospitals just account for it as operating expenses. ... haha no pun intended ...

If the hospitals were private / corporate, then yes, I could see them sending the gov't a bill for services rendered. Kind of like a contractor

...again Would Be My GUESS.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#6New Post! Apr 03, 2020 @ 19:36:59
@mrmhead Said

Then I would GUESS that the hospitals just account for it as operating expenses. ... haha no pun intended ...

If the hospitals were private / corporate, then yes, I could see them sending the gov't a bill for services rendered. Kind of like a contractor

...again Would Be My GUESS.

Oh, I thought private hospitals charged the patients directly or their insurance companies?

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Apr 03, 2020 @ 19:43:13
@Conflict Said

Oh, I thought private hospitals charged the patients directly or their insurance companies?

Yes, in our system they do.
But if the case were "Universal Healthcare" (I assume provided by the gov't) then any private hospital would bill the gov't to get back the cost of care.

.. with a boatload of caveats, I'm sure ...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs