The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Do "Nice/Good" Girls and Guys finish last?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 00:29:34
@chaski Said

No! You don't get to look up my blue dress...no matter how much you flatter me...

D-A-M-N!
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#32New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 01:27:58
@adrinachrome Said

You're pretty good at overwatch, if i remember right.

And if you're talking about relationships, dont feel bad 100% of my relationships have failed, and im not even that nice of a guy. Most relationships fail.

Even on Overwatch I've been getting f***ed over.

I recently did my placement matches for Season 3 Competitive. Did not too bad. Won 5, lost 4, drew 1. Placed at high Gold, just like last time when I did all of my Season 2 placements the day before Season 2 ended. Ended Season 2 at 2420. (Blaze it! )

Fast forward not even a month later. Placed slightly lower for Season 3, but I got to 2414, so that's pretty cool. I was getting into the flow of things and if any luck I'd be able to get into the next Rank (Platinum).

Cue 8 game-losing streak that completely devastates my ranking, causing me to drop almost 300 points, placing me on the brink of being placed in a lower rank! And none of those loses were legit!!!

The first two matches, nobody picks Support or Tank, forcing me to go Lucio with a team that has no way/desire to defend their only health source, while the enemy team seems to specialize in hunting Support, or go Reinhardt/Roadhog and getting mowed down by multiple people while having no method to heal or no backup. I ended the first match with Gold in Damage Done and Eliminations with Lucio, somehow outdamaging my McCree, Soldier: 76, Tracer and Genji. Because Lucio's is the very definition of DPS...

The third match, someone on our team quit within the first minute, leaving us in a 5v6 uphill battle. Meanwhile, the entire enemy team is a group running a 3 Tank/3 Support team. Our Mercy could only heal so much and I did the best Reinhardt I could. But it was an utter mismatch. Not to say that our team sucked, but they were too well co-ordinated. By round 2, two more people quit. Somehow the match continued, despite the developers supposedly trying to prevent things like that from happening in Competitive.

Matches 4-6 were a clusterf***. Everyone was just doing their own thing, nobody could understand that attacking as a group is the way to go and 'trickling in' just feeds the enemies Ults, buuut....

Match 7 we should have won. Or at the very least, drew. I was on the f***ing payload and Overtime ran down anyways. We were 0.60m away from where they got it, but the frigging clock ran out. That was still an awesome match and normally I wouldn't be angry about losing a match that close, but I was on the friggin' payload. It was also the most balanced match out of the 8 too, which I think is what makes it worse. Everyone on both teams were doing good, but because it was part of the losing streak, it subtracted extra points from my rank.

Match 8 started with two Snipers on Attack. 2 snipers! And neither was the actual useful one for Attack! Nobody was willing to go Tank or Support, someone quit when we weren't winning on Attack when he was playing Hanzo and sniping from as far back from the point as possible while Widowmaker was getting outsniped by their Widowmaker, by which point I had to go Winston because I was tired of getting sniped as Support because no one was offering any protection and for some reason, it's been decided in the Overwatch Community that Lucio is perfectly capable of pushing a payload by himself, especially when 5 enemies rush him directly. So I went Winston, killed Widow a bit, their McCree started sticking to her side constantly, then for some reason Roadhog grouped up with them too and then we lost.

Before L-Streak: 2414
After L-Streak: 2124

And because it's now a lot harder for people to rank up, it's going to be a ridiculous uphill climb for me just to get back to where I was before. All because of s*** that was beyond my control. I've won 2 games and lost one since then, so now I'm at 2165. Only about 20 consecutive wins to go, best case scenario. Unless you get considerably more points during winstreaks than you lose during losestreaks.

/rant.

As for the relationships, I haven't really put myself out there. I want to get my life more together before I got looking for a relationship. I don't want to find a girl just because they feel sorry for me. I want to hold my head up high, look her straight in the eyes and say...

"Baby, you and me are going on a date tonight. And whether you like it or not, you're gonna have the time of your life."
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#33New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 01:34:24
@psycoskunk Said

Even on Overwatch I've been getting f***ed over.

Skunky... you know that I love you man...as my man-boy-brother... right?

(or is it Mythical Lady-Brother...??? )

All you need to do is send me the names and locations of those haters and I will turn this part of your life around... think Elysium
Funky-Footed Skunk

#34New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 05:07:09
@chaski Said

Skunky... you know that I love you man...as my man-boy-brother... right?

(or is it Mythical Lady-Brother...??? )

All you need to do is send me the names and locations of those haters and I will turn this part of your life around... think Elysium

Thanks for the offer chaski, but there's no need. It was just really s***ty matchmaking on the server's part.

Speaking of Elysium, I still can't believe the "fookin' prawns" guy from District 9 turned into such a badass.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#35New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 05:37:55
Do "Nice/Good" Girls and Guys finish last?

in competition, or good sportship that nice/good people will come in last.

they don't see something, if they don't win not the end of the world.

in race, nice/good people will win by honest and compassion, not by cheating or do whatever it take to win. someway cheating is not the only way to win. like would take to win, what are you will sacrifice to win. how much you are will lost?

in general, nice/good people do their best, they can. aren't will not to cheat, but the game fair. show compassion, when necessary.

so answer to the question above, nice/good people finish last, because playing fair is right thing. but not all players play fair!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#36New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 05:58:08
@twilitezone911 Said

but not all players play fair!

Funky-Footed Skunk

#37New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 06:16:17
As for nice guys and girls finishing last, I honestly don't know if that's true or not. But I do know that 'wise men say, only fools rush in,' so...
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#38New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 12:56:49
Shy people finish last

Outgoing people finish with a nasty drug habit, children they can't see and genital warts.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#39New Post! Dec 21, 2016 @ 14:11:53
@Electric_Banana Said

Shy people finish last

Outgoing people finish with a nasty drug habit, children they can't see and genital warts.

Hm.

It sounds a lot to me like you're saying outgoing people finish last.

Hm.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#40New Post! Dec 22, 2016 @ 17:35:49
Well there's a big difference between a "nice person" and a "doormat". Nice people can be goal oriented, set boundaries, etc. In my experience, most of the people who lump themselves into "I'm a nice person, that's why I never get the person I'm after" don't have a lot going for them and usually aren't anywhere near as nice as they think they are.
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#41New Post! Jan 02, 2017 @ 02:00:08
@magically_delicious Said

Well there's a big difference between a "nice person" and a "doormat". Nice people can be goal oriented, set boundaries, etc. In my experience, most of the people who lump themselves into "I'm a nice person, that's why I never get the person I'm after" don't have a lot going for them and usually aren't anywhere near as nice as they think they are.

Neither my partner nor a ten-year-old neighbor friend we look after have much 'going for them'; one suffers from health & weight issues and scrapes the bottom of the poor man's plate as well the child is fatherless, her mother in/out of prison for drug abuse and also born into poverty... yet they are the only two people whom I've trusted as much as I did my parents.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#42New Post! Jan 02, 2017 @ 02:37:41
@tickleme Said

I don't know about you but when i look around me i always seem to see the nice/good guys and girls finishing last and not just with relationships - life in general.

Eh. That's life.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Jan 02, 2017 @ 04:53:09
@tickleme Said

I don't know about you but when i look around me i always seem to see the nice/good guys and girls finishing last and not just with relationships - life in general.

Sometimes the noble and worthy can appear losers in the short term, but eventually, justice is done.

Example:

Doping Cheat Chernova Stripped Of Title

I remember watching the event at the time and getting the feeling that Jess knew something about Chernova that she bit her lip and kept to herself about, rather than speak up and look like a sore loser.

But yes.... the good guy (or woman) doesn't have to finish in second place. And occasionally... just occasionally... those who play dirty get their come-uppance in the end.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs