Relationships

Do people still believe in true love?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
empressive On June 25, 2007

Los Angeles,
#1New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:44:13
I am wondering if people still believe in true love or is it all just get what you can and get out. Do people over the age of 25 still fall in love? Do they still imagine a life of total bliss with a loved one? Does passion go beyond the bedroom. Are we now just a hit it or quit it generation?

empressive
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#2New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:44:48
I believe in love Very much so...
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#3New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:45:12
@empressive Said
I am wondering if people still believe in true love or is it all just get what you can and get out. Do people over the age of 25 still fall in love? Do they still imagine a life of total bliss with a loved one? Does passion go beyond the bedroom. Are we now just a hit it or quit it generation?

empressive

Anyone can fall in love. Yes, and off course, but today it grows more scarce.
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:46:11
I totally believe in Love and have been in love with the same person for almost 33 years, and married for 27 of those years.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#5New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:46:27
See, 2 years ago i would have said yes to true love.. living with the misses and being "in love" i think TRUE love is something disney created.. nothing lives happily ever after.. IMO..
gurgles On October 27, 2020

Leeds, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:47:33
I believe in love. I just haven't met the right person yet.
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#7New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:47:58
@markfox01 Said
See, 2 years ago i would have said yes to true love.. living with the misses and being "in love" i think TRUE love is something disney created.. nothing lives happily ever after.. IMO..

people who have had their heart broken only say that.
while as people who believe in love, or have love.. will disagree in a heartbeat.

i believe in true love. ive been in love since i was 13 years old lol. its wonderful, and if by some freak weird chance it doesnt work out between us. ill still keep believe love because i know that it exsists.
sazzie On August 22, 2010

Being naughty :P, United Kingd
#8New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:48:58
I have just recently fell madly in love and I am over 25
I do think he's my soulmate
innit!

#9New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:52:58
I think Women believe in true love.. us men wait and see..
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#10New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:55:39
I believe in true love, but what I hate the most is this:
See, I'm 16, and the general "knowledge" is that if you fall in love with someone when you're 16, it's not actually really serious.

I'm sick of people saying that
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#11New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:57:43
I believe in true love. I won't engage myself in any physical act of love before being sure that I've found The One and will marry her and be forever and ever with her.
I'm 20 and I believe I've found her (found her this year; 2K7). Maybe she is not The One and if that is so, I shall be on my Quest for The One again.
Being with the one I really love (and get loved back) matters a lot to me.
innit!

#12New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:58:15
@chrill Said
I believe in true love, but what I hate the most is this:
See, I'm 16, and the general "knowledge" is that if you fall in love with someone when you're 16, it's not actually really serious.

I'm sick of people saying that

A army Sgt once said to me when i was 16... walk around the block of life a few times before you think your in love... i think he was right.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:58:33
I believe in true love. I don't believe i've ever experienced it, but i've seen it. True love is so powerful that you can see it, and by that I don't mean people passionately kissing, but people who have this understanding of one another that goes beyond what you might see in a normal relationship.

Tis hard to explain, but when you see it, you know what it is.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#14New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 17:58:53
I've had this arguement with a guy whose in a long distance relationship (And I MEAN long distance, I don't want to "out" them as one occasionally posts on here - but let's just say it can't get any longer distance without one of them moving to the moon ).
Anyway, he's all lurved up, and then there's me saying how I don't think I've ever been in love. He thinks he knows me better than me , and when I posted this spiel on his website, he reckons for someone who hasn't been in love, I know way too much about it

I don't know if I've ever been in love. I used to think I have, and there was a time with an ex when I thought perhaps I was - but I just don't know.

What is love anyway. Can I say I know - perhaps not.

If though it is the feeling that when you are not with her, that there is something missing, if it is when every moment of the day, you wonder what she is doing, when whatever you are doing you think "***** would like this, or ***** would like to be here too, or ***** would be annoying me right now, not being able to decide from the menu - and more to the point, you wish she was there with you to annoy you.

When you phone her, and she is a long distance away, and the inside of you feels like it is being turned inside out, because there is nothing right then you want more than to be with her, and no amount of "talking" down the phone can take this place.

If it is when she isn't your g/f or wife even, but your best friend. If it's when you wake up next to her, and you know that there will never again be a lonely moment because you have each other, when you have a deep feeling of unconditional acceptance of each other, and whatever she does won't take that feeling away (Even if she started supporting Celtic) - then perhaps that is love, or as described as agape.

It's when you have that commitment, and you know that you're incomplete without that partner.

Guess really, when you reach that stage, you just have to go for it, and if it means moving mountains to make it happen - then you just have to do that.

What do you all think
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! May 28, 2007 @ 18:03:05
@sheepy Said
I've had this arguement with a guy whose in a long distance relationship (And I MEAN long distance, I don't want to "out" them as one occasionally posts on here - but let's just say it can't get any longer distance without one of them moving to the moon ).
Anyway, he's all lurved up, and then there's me saying how I don't think I've ever been in love. He thinks he knows me better than me , and when I posted this spiel on his website, he reckons for someone who hasn't been in love, I know way too much about it

I don't know if I've ever been in love. I used to think I have, and there was a time with an ex when I thought perhaps I was - but I just don't know.

What is love anyway. Can I say I know - perhaps not.

If though it is the feeling that when you are not with her, that there is something missing, if it is when every moment of the day, you wonder what she is doing, when whatever you are doing you think "***** would like this, or ***** would like to be here too, or ***** would be annoying me right now, not being able to decide from the menu - and more to the point, you wish she was there with you to annoy you.

When you phone her, and she is a long distance away, and the inside of you feels like it is being turned inside out, because there is nothing right then you want more than to be with her, and no amount of "talking" down the phone can take this place.

If it is when she isn't your g/f or wife even, but your best friend. If it's when you wake up next to her, and you know that there will never again be a lonely moment because you have each other, when you have a deep feeling of unconditional acceptance of each other, and whatever she does won't take that feeling away (Even if she started supporting Celtic) - then perhaps that is love, or as described as agape.

It's when you have that commitment, and you know that you're incomplete without that partner.

Guess really, when you reach that stage, you just have to go for it, and if it means moving mountains to make it happen - then you just have to do that.

What do you all think

Im in a long-distance relationship. I'd say I love her, though im not in love with her. We're both very committed, she is living in Australia at the moment and will be for another 33 days (not that im counting) but just because we are committed does not mean we are neceserrily in love.

I believe in love. And I believe I might one day be in love with her, though love and commitment are two completely different things.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs