The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Jul 30, 2019 @ 01:19:23
Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

https://biblehub.com/matthew/20-28.htm
Even as the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve,

At the end of the day, there is no physical or real supernatural God for us to follow. If there were, then logic and reason say that if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.

All there can be are rules and laws that we think a God would give. Men have written up many such sets of rules while lying about being inspired by God. That is basically the moral of the Moses story with his coming off the mountain, not with a God, but with rules and laws.

Man is not slaved to his laws and rules and changes them as better ones are found. We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better.

All people accept this except for those in religions who idol worship the older barbaric Gods, whose laws are inferior to secular law. That would include the Christian and Muslim demiurges.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship. Faith is a way to quit using your, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes their mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

Regards
DL
Anchor On August 28, 2019

Stornoway, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 30, 2019 @ 07:03:46
Logic and reason don't say anything, they know when to keep their gob shut and not piss off religious freaks
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#3New Post! Jul 30, 2019 @ 08:44:18
@Anchor Said

Logic and reason don't say anything, they know when to keep their gob shut and not piss off religious freaks

With respect, civil society needs to encourage open expression.

In the United States there is the motto "E Pluribus Unum" >> out of the many one.

The religious among us are bound to be angry now and again. The hope is that they can be angry and not do harm to their fellow man.

To the OP: the bible says "Christ came to serve." But perhaps this doesn't represent sentiments of all faiths.

Ottawa, Canada
#4New Post! Aug 11, 2019 @ 20:05:11
@Anchor Said

Why not?

Why would logic and reason give the religious a special pass?

Do we still fear inquisitions and jihads and should we let fear silence the intelligent and allow the less so to have the floor?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#5New Post! Aug 11, 2019 @ 20:12:20
@gakINGKONG Said

With respect, civil society needs to encourage open expression.

In the United States there is the motto "E Pluribus Unum" >> out of the many one.

The religious among us are bound to be angry now and again. The hope is that they can be angry and not do harm to their fellow man.

To the OP: the bible says "Christ came to serve." But perhaps this doesn't represent sentiments of all faiths.

I tend not to agree although I am not aware of all faiths.

For instance, Buddhists seek knowledge and wisdom but have no supernatural god.

If I gain knowledge or wisdom, it is for my use, and those gods, if you allow a stretch on the definition of god, will have knowledge and wisdom serve us.

Knowledge and wisdom become tools just as logic and reason are.

All the god that man creates are all to serve us and not use serve them as gods have no needs or wants that a person can give.

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 17:16:05
@GreatestIam2 Said

laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

Regards
DL

I think the the laws, rules, policies and over all establishment has been made intentionally convoluted and complicated to force us to interact with each other more than what we have too.

I imagine, like myself, you have bleak dreams where you are being disenfranchised and under the thumb of others. In that realm often times we are not lucid enough to remember that we have a will. So have you then reflected back on those dreams later thinking to yourself 'Who are they to demand so much from me and what if I had my own demands - would my oppressors be as easily submissive?'

When it comes to creation I see it just as a bird planting eggs; do you continue to plant your eggs in a filthy nest or a nest that has been under-minded and enslaved by the birds who came in first?

I can understand a society will go nowhere if too many people don't offer what they can to help build and maintain it but what we are experiencing, in our current realm, is exploitation targeting those with guilty conscience who are always willing to please.
So I am all for helping but not for serving.

Now, as far as texts concerning 'God as a servant I do wonder if those texts parallel or were influenced by the Zodiac theology. Aquarius was assigned a, seemingly, undignified role of serving drink to all the other demis but those with understanding would realize that constant flow of stream is not a favor but necessity providing (not serving) a stream of collected information among everyone; as if our intelligence and wisdom are almost separated from us and takes some effort on our part to reach out and claim.

Ottawa, Canada
#7New Post! Aug 17, 2019 @ 21:41:58
E B

I think that as individuals, we are about all the same and all want the same things.

Getting the masses to all do the right think is where we have failed each other.

We have forgotten to apply the Golden Rule to our children.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs