Forums:
Random

Do You Just Pass By?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chuckie On February 13, 2010

NoWhereVille,
#1New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 05:18:53
This time of the year there are many charities (i.e. Salvation Army) that seek donations. When you see a homeless person on the street or near a store/mall, do you pass them by as if you do not notice them, or would you give them a lil something ($$)? Me, most of the time I give - cuz I've been blessed with all that I have, why not give someone a lil of the blessing.
aces On December 23, 2013

, Australia
#2New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 05:30:35
I generally dont give to the homeless people themselves, but i never walk past a Salvation Army collection box without putting some cash in the box..

I also donate to the RSPCA and Rual fire service..
chuckie On February 13, 2010

NoWhereVille,
#3New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 05:35:55
When I was in college, and my friends & I would go out to eat.. we would afterwards take our left overs with us & go walking around to some of the close bars that knew us. There's times on the way, we would come across a homeless person, and we noticed that person looking at the food/leftovers in our hands... so we would give it to that person w/ a few bucks from each of us. To just look some & know that it wasn't always like that for them (being homeless that is)... I don't mind giving.
aces On December 23, 2013

, Australia
#4New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 05:39:00
Yeh i wouldnt mind if they went and bought some food, but some of the people will go and buy booze with the cash. I dont have a problem with giving them a money to buy a sandwich or something but if they go and buy a goon bag, id be pissed
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#5New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 05:54:36
I never give to homeless people, they may just use it for booze!

Salvation Army-we donate all clothes and other items!
rosie2106 On April 09, 2008

melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 06:15:57
@aces Said
Yeh i wouldnt mind if they went and bought some food, but some of the people will go and buy booze with the cash. I dont have a problem with giving them a money to buy a sandwich or something but if they go and buy a goon bag, id be pissed

that's what a lot of people say- they will just buy alcohol, or cigarettes.
i've bought food from shops and given them so a few people who asked for money for food and they were really grateful.
once my friend bought some food for a guy who was begging for money for food, and he got angry that we got him food instead of money, so he probably didnt want to use the money for food.

and i give a few dollars to people asking for money for charity, and put spare change in colletors tins.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 11:02:12
I never give to street collections or beggars and sometimes I do get a little miffed coz there always seems to be someone rattling a tin in your face for something or other.

I donate to comic relief, children in need, RNLI and poppy appeal and sometimes when there's a sponsered something or other at work.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 11:06:10
I give change to charities if i have change when i'm out. I don't give to homeless people since i once tried to give one some food (actually it was cereal which i'd just been given at the cinema, but had nothing else) and he said no i dont want it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs