Do Friends tell a lot a Person?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
BLONDE On October 27, 2016
My den.

Paddetteville, Ireland
#1New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 13:59:45
Do you think ones friends tell a lot about a person?

For example:
let's say one guy hangs out with his male friends who slut around and chance their arm until the get what they want off a girl, can that one guy actually be different in the sense that he wouldn't act like that with girls or treat girls like a piece of meat, or would he be dodgy?
would his friends most likely mirror what he could be like?

what are your thoughts?
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#2New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 14:03:47
I would say yes and no. At first glance it might appear like that, but it's not always the case. Ask yourself this: Are you like all your friends? Like do you behave the way they do around guys? Or do you have a friend that is a bit different than everyone else?
Not saying he is different, but it's possible. Looks can be deceiving.
My den.

Paddetteville, Ireland
#3New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 14:12:41
@floydgirrl Said

I would say yes and no. At first glance it might appear like that, but it's not always the case. Ask yourself this: Are you like all your friends? Like do you behave the way they do around guys? Or do you have a friend that is a bit different than everyone else?
Not saying he is different, but it's possible. Looks can be deceiving.

looks can be deceiving is very true,
it's just I know this one guy and well, he's so nice in person but he acts different around his friends (who are sleezy) and through texting and stuff, I just think he's so hard to figure out, I'm not sure whether he's fake to me or just puts on the "I'm so great act with his friends" it's confusing

I hope he's not like one of them
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#4New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 14:17:43
So you're trying to figure out if he's fake to you or his friends?
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#5New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 14:52:39
Dude, if he acts like a jerk to you when his friends are around, forget him. He should be showing YOU off, not himself.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#6New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 14:56:26
Not always but I think alot of that behaviour is about saving face.
My den.

Paddetteville, Ireland
#7New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 14:56:55
@grasshopper Said

Dude, if he acts like a jerk to you when his friends are around, forget him. He should be showing YOU off, not himself.

he doesn't act like a jerk to me when his friends are around it's just he's really nice in person then he's weird through getting in touch through the phone or the internet, he acts all hard on e.g. facebook to his friends, which is the exact opposite way of how he'd be with me, I just don't get him
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 15:01:06
I think he has self esteem issues if he has to be someone else when he's around other people.
I don't know who the true him is, but sounds like he needs to get his s*** together either way!
KillER_ On June 16, 2015
?estoy muerto?

Padetteville, Kingman Reef
#9New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 17:12:30
@BLONDE Said

looks can be deceiving is very true,
it's just I know this one guy and well, he's so nice in person but he acts different around his friends (who are sleezy) and through texting and stuff, I just think he's so hard to figure out, I'm not sure whether he's fake to me or just puts on the "I'm so great act with his friends" it's confusing

I hope he's not like one of them

guys and girls can act different around their friends... what you need to figure out is if it's his persona around the friends thats real or the persona around you thats real. either way, anybody who acts differently around different people is a bit of a goon. why cant the guy just be himself? i suppose around his friends he likes to act like the big man? any guy like that needs a kick up the toosh.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#10New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 18:48:43
imho, IRL, nearly all people play roles, and yes at times, BECOME the role they play. All mercurial, shifting. For many, it is perfectly normal to size up a situation/group, decide when and how to fit in, and then act accordingly. With that situation/group. That would not define though how that same person would react in a different situation/group, it only goes to show he or she is learning or expressing different role playing skills. imo. :>
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#12New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 07:20:47
I have plenty of male friends who treat women like objects. I can't say it is my style even slightly, as I don't use anyone for anything because to me, that is wrong. So, no, a person's friends are not necessarily a good indicator of the person. They *can* be though...

However, having said that, one thing I truly despise is people being fake. If it was me, I would just not be in a relationship with someone who changes depending on who they are around. You could never trust them, and trust is an important part of a relationship. If I was you, I wouldn't bother...
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#13New Post! Mar 31, 2010 @ 07:24:48
Most of my friends have been my friends since we were little. Weve all grown up different, yet we've all remained friends. I have manwhore friends, I have druggy friends, I have cowboy friends and thuggish friends...Im one of my only friends that is into cars...We are hardly anything like one another, but we still got eachother's backs.

So yes, friends can be totally different, or they can be a lot alike...Without knowing them, no one on here could give you a good answer about the specific guy in question.
My den.

Paddetteville, Ireland
#14New Post! Apr 03, 2010 @ 20:45:08
Hey guys just want to say thanks for all your helpful answers, very interesting and yeah I'm not going to bother,

thank you
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#15New Post! Apr 03, 2010 @ 20:47:35
@BLONDE Said

Hey guys just want to say thanks for all your helpful answers, very interesting and yeah I'm not going to bother,

thank you

Wow!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs