Breaking Up

Divorce - doesn't this make sense?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
live_a_lie On May 08, 2011

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:35:14
I think it's a great idea. I know it would kill the whole beginning romance thing and everything, but if a married couple should happen to break up it would make everything so much easier! I mean if it became the law not saying it ever will do, then every couple would have do it so it wouldn't seem anything unusual. It would just become a normal thing everyone did and no one would question it and then it may not kill the romance so much?
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:39:07
@bendover Said
The McCartneys are due in the court today to come to a settlement. Surely Sir Paul hasn't earned ?160 million in their few short years together?

If he has happy days give her the ?80 million she wants and he's well rid of her.

He offered her an out of court settlement of something like 13.23 million. Not bad for 3 years work

Mark your attitude towards pre-nups and divorce is always on the girl coming off better. Something thats not always true. Especially where pre nups are concerned. There are women who have lost millions to boyfriends who havent earned a gosh darn penny.

And if a woman is raising a kid, thenm damn right he has to pay her. Thats not wrong, thats right. Id be damned if I had a willing partner to help and i did it on my own.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#18New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:42:03
@treacle Said
He offered her an out of court settlement of something like 13.23 million. Not bad for 3 years work

Mark your attitude towards pre-nups and divorce is always on the girl coming off better. Something thats not always true. Especially where pre nups are concerned. There are women who have lost millions to boyfriends who havent earned a gosh darn penny.

And if a woman is raising a kid, thenm damn right he has to pay her. Thats not wrong, thats right. Id be damned if I had a willing partner to help and i did it on my own.

No no no... im for pre nups.. and against divorce with out one.. Women ahardly ever come up bad in them, men tend to be worse off.. Loosing the kids.. house.. dog.. but a vast minority i have heard out of reading alot of websites lately is there are some women that come out worse.. London has the worse rate of divorce, making millionares out of women, and men broke..
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:47:46
@markfox01 Said
No no no... im for pre nups.. and against divorce with out one.. Women ahardly ever come up bad in them, men tend to be worse off.. Loosing the kids.. house.. dog.. but a vast minority i have heard out of reading alot of websites lately is there are some women that come out worse.. London has the worse rate of divorce, making millionares out of women, and men broke..

Mark, they dont lose their kids. They just dont have custody. And yes usually women come off better. But ask yourself why? Because she has the kids. Its totally different if a couple divorce and theres no kids involved.

Let me tell you something...when my mum and dad divorced, my dad got basically nothing. My mum got the house and us and maitenance. But why? because she had us. If they had pf granted up to our dad, my mum would have had to have moved out. Its not a conspiracy against men. It just makes sense.

For a child, parents divorving is disturbing enough. Let alone without the pressure of moving to a new house, new room, new school, new friends and not having one parent there.

And father who is bitter should realise, its not that she gets everything, its so YOUR kids have a happier, undisturbed time as possible.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:50:06
And in most cases the courts wont take the child away from the mother.

If however the child would be better off with the father, he would get the kids and the house and the maitenance. Just because you dont hear of it, doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Its just rare. But they would have the same rights as a woman would who had full custody
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:53:37
@treacle Said
And in most cases the courts wont take the child away from the mother.

If however the child would be better off with the father, he would get the kids and the house and the maitenance. Just because you dont hear of it, doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Its just rare. But they would have the same rights as a woman would who had full custody

yup women very VERY rarely lose the kids, and fathers almost NEVER lose visitation rights as well
ditzydoll On May 22, 2009

birmingham, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:54:48
yea but as i said gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme the dog the house the money and kids if we got em
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:59:25
@angelcake Said
yup women very VERY rarely lose the kids, and fathers almost NEVER lose visitation rights as well

Mark is making it sound like its a conspiracy set up through women and court for blokes to get hard done by. Thats crap. It just seems that way. But every case he has talked about has involved kids.

Of course the woman will come off better. SHE is raising HIS kids
kimo On January 10, 2008

Sarasota, Florida
#24New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:02:09
Hi - it's me again - the one who started the topic.

I don't think a lot of you get it.

HALF of all marriages end in divorce.

If people were REQUIRED to do a Pre-Nup, then they might think twice about even getting married - which, according to the 50% stat, is not necessary a bad thing.

It's really not a negative thing to force the 2 people to think about what will happen IF they end up in divorce court. In the LONG RUN - it has the strong possibility of being a very POSITIVE thing.

If you've ever been through a divorce, it's very nasty business.

It would spare so many people pain - in particular the children involved.

For you guys to say, "It means you don't trust the other person," is to really put your heads in the ground.

ALL People should be forced to look at the REAL possibility the marriage will end. Then your silly notion of 'trust' will be a non-issue.
innit!

#25New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:03:07
@treacle Said
Mark, they dont lose their kids. They just dont have custody. And yes usually women come off better. But ask yourself why? Because she has the kids. Its totally different if a couple divorce and theres no kids involved.

Let me tell you something...when my mum and dad divorced, my dad got basically nothing. My mum got the house and us and maitenance. But why? because she had us. If they had pf granted up to our dad, my mum would have had to have moved out. Its not a conspiracy against men. It just makes sense.

For a child, parents divorving is disturbing enough. Let alone without the pressure of moving to a new house, new room, new school, new friends and not having one parent there.

And father who is bitter should realise, its not that she gets everything, its so YOUR kids have a happier, undisturbed time as possible.

Aimee.. your missing my point.. Child Maintenace is a seprate issue which tends to be dragged out in another way.. the CSA.. also there are many reasons on why people divorce.. however, normally its cheating. What i disagree with is the male providing the home and money.. and in a divorce comes away with nothing.. forget about child maintanence and custody. They will always be seprate issues with or without marridge.. I just think its unfair that men have to suffer fiancially in a divorce.
Say whaaa

#26New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:05:56
@kimo Said
Hi - it's me again - the one who started the topic.

I don't think a lot of you get it.

HALF of all marriages end in divorce.

If people were REQUIRED to do a Pre-Nup, then they might think twice about even getting married - which, according to the 50% stat, is not necessary a bad thing.

It's really not a negative thing to force the 2 people to think about what will happen IF they end up in divorce court. In the LONG RUN - it has the strong possibility of being a very POSITIVE thing.

If you've ever been through a divorce, it's very nasty business.

It would spare so many people pain - in particular the children involved.

For you guys to say, "It means you don't trust the other person," is to really put your heads in the ground.

ALL People should be forced to look at the REAL possibility the marriage will end. Then your silly notion of 'trust' will be a non-issue.

I wouldnt do one, if it was required or not, you cannot force someone to sign a contract they don't want, nor will they ever be forced to sign a contract that they don't want to.

I believe that if you enter a marriage thinking it's aright theres always divorce, then you are asking for trouble and by signing a pre nup thats precisely what you're doing.
kimo On January 10, 2008

Sarasota, Florida
#27New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:08:55
"...then you are asking for trouble and by signing a pre nup thats precisely what you're doing." (Quoted from AngelCake

Don't you see - if you're getting married, you are inherently 'asking for trouble'...

Just ask ANY married person!
Say whaaa

#28New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:13:03
@kimo Said
"...then you are asking for trouble and by signing a pre nup thats precisely what you're doing." (Quoted from AngelCake

Don't you see - if you're getting married, you are inherently 'asking for trouble'...

what by getting married you're automatically going to have trouble?! thats bollocks, plenty of people get married and are happy...personally i think that if divorce was not so easy to get people would not consider it so much, it's the easy way out and people don't want to work at marriages.

I'm not saying all divorces are wrong, i am however saying i think a lot are because people rushed into things before they were ready or they just don't want to work as hard at the relationship because theres a way out.
Say whaaa

#29New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:13:36
@kimo Said

And i'm quite sure a lot of married people i know would say it's the best thing they ever did.
innit!

#30New Post! Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:18:18
@kimo Said

I see what your saying.. and the reason most marridges end in divorce now.. is because its really easy too... and it seems very fashionable. People dont work at anything anymore, takening the easy way. Where at the start a marridge is a good idea.. some will fail but the out come sometime is the best.. they both go there seprate ways.. some one said to me once.. divorce is expensive because its worth it..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs