Difference between goth love and love?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 09:35:37
@negasable Said

Sorry its vague I'm a little confused with my little theory too.

Thats ok then
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#17New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 09:52:44
I do think that gothic love is more intense and rather more stressful than
"normal" love.

Gothic love, as far as I take it, is the use of the gothic themes in relationships.
Lots of talk of 'eternity', 'devotion' and all those hard-hitting, poetic words.

The gothic love is living your relationship through a poetic mantra, which can
and will put far too much pressure on the pair.

That's what I took this thread as
neurosa On August 20, 2007

, Israel
#18New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 10:20:37
Goths always seemed to be more intense people. That's not a bad thing.
It just doesn't seem like two goths in love would have a "No.. I love you more" phone conversation.
does that make any sense?
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#19New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 10:23:27
Generally they'd have something more to say than "No.. I love you more" thing.
notsogallant On October 28, 2016

Brum, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 10:30:45
Why on earth should a sub-culture make a difference to a universal experience? What would you think if I asked the question about White anglo-saxons and Australian aborigines? I know we all like to think our group, our music, and the way we dress, and behave, somehow elevate us onto a better and different plane of experience; but the truth is, they don't.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#21New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 10:45:17
@kit Said
Hahaha. What the hell? Love is love. Goths don't love any different from other people, unless they want vampire sex

Take it from me, being a goth has no effect on your relationship.

My thoughts exactly!
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 10:55:23
@neurosa Said
Goths always seemed to be more intense people. That's not a bad thing.
It just doesn't seem like two goths in love would have a "No.. I love you more" phone conversation.
does that make any sense?

O...K... Tell me... has anyone here (apart from me) ever actually dated a goth? I mean... Most goths aren't all "intense" etc. My closest friends are goths and they mess around just as much as everyone else. My boyfriend is a goth and he doesn't go into the whole writing poetry about my eyes thing. Maybe some goths are more intense than others, but they're what I call "romantic goths". And can you honestly say that you've never heard of someone who isn't gothic being more intense than normal? There's got to be at least one person here who would never call themself a goth and has either had or has written a really deep poem for their partner.

If you saw me with my friends you'd probably put us all into the goth category, but the most romantic and intense thing I've ever done is go down on one knee and propose to one of my best friends with the plastic ring from the top of a bottle, meanwhile trying not to fall over laughing along with everyone else.
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#23New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 11:04:43
Goth is about embracing the deep and dark things in life, we all have our moments where we have the intensity, but doesn't make someone goth.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 11:23:43
Eh... Never said it did.

Haha. It's funny what people say about Goths.

The Gothic Subculture began in the UK in the early 1980s. It was people dressing differently in darker clothes and makeup and some of the took their styles from the early Victorian times. Being a goth has nothing to do with being deep and soulful.. Being a goth is about being a goth: Wearing the darker clothes and makeup. It really has virtually nothing to do with "embracing the deep and dark things in life". If you really want the people who do that, try Satanists, emos, and harmers.
neurosa On August 20, 2007

, Israel
#25New Post! Aug 07, 2007 @ 14:35:27
How about the difference between goth love and emo love?
nerophoira On October 01, 2007

my castle of dreams, United Ki
#26New Post! Aug 13, 2007 @ 18:20:39
there's no difference, love is love, no matter what subculture your a part of

and golf love, well that's different
alysedai On November 09, 2020

Newport News, Virginia
#27New Post! Aug 13, 2007 @ 18:26:38
love is love...

just because you call yourself a member of some subculture doesn't mean that you feel anything more than anyone else.

It's a personal thing...

This question is like asking "Is Nero love more intense than Negasable love"

it's irrelevant. It's different love, but it doesn't make it any more/less intense.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Jan 16, 2008 @ 10:39:57
as said earlier by others there is no difference it just seems that there is a difference between two goths than any others but that could be said about any subculture including chavs
muritkane9 On November 19, 2010

angeles, Philippines
#29New Post! Jan 22, 2008 @ 01:55:49
goth love is more intense. . it is a love that can cross the borders and also death. goth is death, goth love is love beyond death. so it is more romantic to have goth love than sweet love. to be loved by a goth is to be loved by a protector, a lover, a friend, a musician, the grim ripper, god, the devil, people, the society and everything with enough heart to love.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Jan 22, 2008 @ 12:15:13
@muritkane9 Said
goth love is more intense. . it is a love that can cross the borders and also death. goth is death, goth love is love beyond death. so it is more romantic to have goth love than sweet love. to be loved by a goth is to be loved by a protector, a lover, a friend, a musician, the grim ripper, god, the devil, people, the society and everything with enough heart to love.

i agree with everything but the first part and it is the grim reaper or for me the blood reaper
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs