The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Did sin enter the world through Adam, Satan or Yahweh? Most, as well as scriptures, say that it was through Adam, even though Christians sing that Ada

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#31New Post! Feb 10, 2020 @ 17:32:44
The idea of sin we have today is not the same as in the past. The understanding of sin after Moses on the Mount is not the same as the understanding the Jews had before.
The 10 Commandments, which are congruent with the 9 commandments of Egypt, were not part of the religion of Abraham before the enslavement of the Jews. Attempting to understand the concept of original sin then is skewed by the implementation of the idea of sin as according to the Law of Moses. It is not the same as the idea of sin the original authors of the Adam and Eve story had.
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Feb 10, 2020 @ 18:05:28
@4d4m Said

The idea of sin we have today is not the same as in the past. The understanding of sin after Moses on the Mount is not the same as the understanding the Jews had before.
The 10 Commandments, which are congruent with the 9 commandments of Egypt, were not part of the religion of Abraham before the enslavement of the Jews. Attempting to understand the concept of original sin then is skewed by the implementation of the idea of sin as according to the Law of Moses. It is not the same as the idea of sin the original authors of the Adam and Eve story had.

So what was the "original sin" and why was it a "sin"?
Darkman666 On about 23 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#33New Post! Feb 10, 2020 @ 20:33:08
the origin sin be might that relevant back then, it lose in transition over the years, it was left out.

or

when god graving the ten commandments at the office deposit store on the mountain, the owner gave god, a great discount, if he add another commandment.

i head god is cheap, he makes jack benny look good!

4dforum.org,
#34New Post! Feb 11, 2020 @ 05:55:30
Here's a bit about Original Sin . It very much depends on interpretation and the religion one adheres to. Sin as a miss of the mark, or mistake is what I learned about early Judaism in school. Even the different Catholic sects ( as noted in the link ) argue about it. Was it because they ate the fruit? was it the snake's fault? was it god's fault? I think it's because they lied about it. In the version in the Koran, they are kicked out of the garden for refusing to worship the snake - Disobedience. This leads to another point; how many other different versions are there of the story and what do they say about it?
mrmhead On about 24 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#35New Post! Feb 11, 2020 @ 15:33:31
@4d4m Said

Here's a bit about Original Sin . It very much depends on interpretation and the religion one adheres to. Sin as a miss of the mark, or mistake is what I learned about early Judaism in school. Even the different Catholic sects ( as noted in the link ) argue about it. Was it because they ate the fruit? was it the snake's fault? was it god's fault? I think it's because they lied about it. In the version in the Koran, they are kicked out of the garden for refusing to worship the snake - Disobedience. This leads to another point; how many other different versions are there of the story and what do they say about it?

Not knowing all the different stories, but I'd guess the different versions promote whatever the author wants them to.

After all, it's not like it's a first-hand account of an actual event.

4dforum.org,
#36New Post! Feb 11, 2020 @ 16:24:15
@mrmhead Said

Not knowing all the different stories, but I'd guess the different versions promote whatever the author wants them to.

After all, it's not like it's a first-hand account of an actual event.

Exactly. So to investigate the idea, one would have to consider all the variables. What is the oldest version we could find? Was it re written? How was it re written? Who re wrote it? Why would they re write it? Why would they interpret it the way they did? How is it interpreted now as opposed to different times in the past? What is the difference between the different groups of people interpretations keeping in mind the historical context? What is similar, what is different? Why even bother re writing?
In this way we might find a common thread
Stalker

#37New Post! Feb 11, 2020 @ 16:25:07
@4d4m Said

I was actually looking for your opinion, but OK.

Also I don’t remember Adam and Eve lying about eating the fruit. Certainly they hid themselves out of embarrassment and maybe fear. But when confronted by God they told the truth, And confessed to what they did… Apparently immediately.

4dforum.org,
#38New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 03:04:58
Basically to tell you my opinion wouldn't be that fun or fruitful. It's more interesting to see, through dialogue and logic, what we can discover about it together.
Here's an interesting tidbit about the story from the Jewish perspective from The Torah.com
Stalker

#39New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 04:12:48
@4d4m Said

Basically to tell you my opinion wouldn't be that fun or fruitful.

I totally disagree.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#40New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 04:57:17
why did other cultures or religion groups were compelled to rewritten the bible and books to it?

if god didn't really tell them to not touch the bible to add on to it, and the laws were enforce told not write more in the bible. people broke this law.

over the years, that the bible written by copycats, and many ways, the bible is not real at all, but it simply just fiction!

4dforum.org,
#41New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 06:02:46
That's a good point. For some reason people keep looking at the bible and comparing it to events they see going on. Also for some reason, someone keeps re writing it ( and reinterpreting it) to suit their needs. Probably because the bible reveals something they don't want seen.
Stalker

#42New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 06:29:42
@4d4m Said

For some reason people keep looking at the bible and comparing it to events they see going on.

"For some reason"?

The "reason" is obvious. The bible presents as past... it tells people how to live in the past... and it prophesies a future.

@4d4m Said

Also for some reason, someone keeps re writing it ( and reinterpreting it) to suit their needs. Probably because the bible reveals something they don't want seen.

"For some reason"?

The reason is that people know that there is power in how you use the bible. Translate and/or interpret it to suit your needs and desires and you can control people. It is really a very simple concept.

It has nothing to do with "something they don't want seen". It has to do with controlling the dumb and gullible.
mrmhead On about 24 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#43New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 12:49:03
@4d4m Said

@chaski Said

And some of the re-writes are to make it more consumable for the average Joe.

Romeo and Juliette was re-written as West Side Story with out all the Doth's and Thou's and did fantastic in the theater and the big screen.

4dforum.org,
#44New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 19:08:41
@mrmhead Said

And some of the re-writes are to make it more consumable for the average Joe.

Romeo and Juliette was re-written as West Side Story with out all the Doth's and Thou's and did fantastic in the theater and the big screen.

Have you considered that with Marxism, criminalization of religion would serve to abandon the religious historical record but allow the mass murders talked about therein to continue?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#45New Post! Feb 12, 2020 @ 23:20:58
most of shakespeare's works that at least show in movie adaptations that evil and mental illness goes together for a good storyline. would pretty interesting if shakespeare wrote " one who flew over the cuckoo's nest ".
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs