Alternative Medicine

Denture wearers - read this

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#1New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 04:50:13
Just for the heck of it, I added a little bleach to my nightly soaking of my dentures. Oh MY God! They came out squeaky clean! I made sure to rinse them really well before I put them in. I'm going to do this once a month, or, whenever I feel that there is a hint of build up of whatever it is that builds up on them.

J.R.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 17:19:44
Just make sure it's a tiny amount, as you can erode and ruin your dentures; which can also cause you pain. Also, bleach can whiten the pink part of the denture, causing them to look fake. Personally, I'd not use it; but if you insist, I'd not do it too often.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 17:49:50
@JR_Sanford Said

Just for the heck of it, I added a little bleach to my nightly soaking of my dentures. Oh MY God! They came out squeaky clean! I made sure to rinse them really well before I put them in. I'm going to do this once a month, or, whenever I feel that there is a hint of build up of whatever it is that builds up on them.

J.R.

i'm genuinely surprised jr ...i thought americans really looked after their teeth ... never thought dentures existed there .
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#4New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:07:52
@offbeat Said

i'm genuinely surprised jr ...i thought americans really looked after their teeth ... never thought dentures existed there .

That's why so many Americans look like they have great teeth. They're wearing dentures!

london, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:26:47
@Deal_With_It Said

That's why so many Americans look like they have great teeth. They're wearing dentures!

... i find that hard to believe
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#6New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:33:57
@Deal_With_It Said

When my uncle got his dentures, he had them make his front teeth just a little crooked so they didn't look fake.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#7New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:38:09
@someone_else Said

When my uncle got his dentures, he had them make his front teeth just a little crooked so they didn't look fake.

My stepmother did the same thing. They still looked fake!

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:40:03
@someone_else Said

people here make the mistake of getting false teeth that are bigger than their real teeth ...it looks like they're breaking them in for a horse .
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#9New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:40:23
@Deal_With_It Said

My stepmother did the same thing. They still looked fake!

I wonder why that is. I know a few people who have dentures and I only knew because someone said so. I have no idea what they do differently. I know that some make them deliberately off-white for that purpose.

#10New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 20:09:59
@sTreetAngeL Said

Just make sure it's a tiny amount, as you can erode and ruin your dentures; which can also cause you pain. Also, bleach can whiten the pink part of the denture, causing them to look fake. Personally, I'd not use it; but if you insist, I'd not do it too often.

a) Bleach will not make the pink part whiten because they're pink all the way through.
b) As far as I can tell, bleach will not erode my plastic dentures
c) My denture doctor measured my jaw line and bite to make the dentures sit in my mouth to have a natural bite and look absolutely real. People are shocked when I tell them their fake. The antimicrobial efficacy is what makes them feel really clean.

J.R.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#11New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 20:51:47
Prolong usage of bleaching solution can cause lightening of pink plastic denture. This change cannot be seen in every individual. The effect of bleaching solution cannot be readily noticeable.

Bleaching solution can make the partial dentures corrosive, if the soaking time of the dentures is more than the recommended.

It also says on the ADA site to NOT use bleach under "Do I need a denture cleanser?" https://www.ada.org/1317.aspx
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#12New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 21:08:58
@Dark_Tink Said

Prolong usage of bleaching solution can cause lightening of pink plastic denture. This change cannot be seen in every individual. The effect of bleaching solution cannot be readily noticeable.

Bleaching solution can make the partial dentures corrosive, if the soaking time of the dentures is more than the recommended.

It also says on the ADA site to NOT use bleach under "Do I need a denture cleanser?" https://www.ada.org/1317.aspx

My dad did it for years, and they buried him with the same set he first got.

I just leave mine in the box they came in, they'll look very nice when I'm buried with them.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#13New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 21:13:18
@lefty Said

My dad did it for years, and they buried him with the same set he first got.

I never said it happens to everyone. But with the cost of dentures now-a-days(unless you have good medical coverage) why chance it?

#14New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 21:22:44
@Dark_Tink Said

I use a very diluted solution that when I stick my finger in it I cannot even feel it. Kind of like a chlorinated swimming pool. Just enough to kill any bacteria.

J.R.
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#15New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 21:31:20
@JR_Sanford Said

I use a very diluted solution that when I stick my finger in it I cannot even feel it. Kind of like a chlorinated swimming pool. Just enough to kill any bacteria.

J.R.

I keep jugs of water for emergency use. They all have just enough chlorine in them to keep them from growing bacteria.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs