Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 08:05:50
@DiscordTiger Said

Calling for his impeachment now is kind of like trying to put on a second condom over the broken one in the delivery room and thinking the baby will magically vanish.

Hi........as I understood it, the article centred upon the need to prevent Donald Trump from standing for office again.

Extract:- "The power of Congress to disqualify an impeached president from holding office has received less attention through history than the power of Congress to remove a president from office"

My own reading of events is that Mr Trump's tactics have been much about eventually winning the war by turning the last election into only one battle.

Obviously, if precluded from ever being nominated again, then another "look/act alike" could try to step forward (his son?)
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#47New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 14:21:33
ATLANTA — On Wednesday, while much of the country’s attention was focused on the riots unfolding in Washington, D.C., another standoff was taking place in Georgia.

Militiamen and other far-right Trump supporters in Atlanta surrounded the state’s Capitol building in search of Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

And I think there has been disturbances at Oregon gov't buildings even prior to Wednesday. Unsure if it was State or Federal.
Don1945 On February 08, 2021

Fort Myers, Florida
#48New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 14:57:04
What we are witnessing during these attacks on our Democracy is NOT AMERICA. We are better than this and every American should be sickened to see what is going on. If you look at the people that are committing these crimes, they pretty much fit the same mold.........malcontents, unintelligent, and many have some criminal past.

The only good thing to come out of all of this mayhem is that this is the last straw for a lot of us, and we know we need to get back to sanity in this country. All of these criminals need to be arrested and charged, and Trump needs his a** kicked out of office RIGHT NOW. He created this monster and fanned the flames of hatred and lies, now he needs to be gone and gone quickly.

I can not believe I am seeing this in America, we are not some banana republic, we are better than this.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#49New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 16:37:22
@4d4m Said

I think they are more geared for things like assassination attempts and possibly small groups of infiltrators attempting to take hostages.

@4d4m Said

A group of armed terrorists is what those guys are trained for; not crowd control.

You have absolutely zero knowledge regarding the training the Capitol Police go through and what they are or are not "geared" for.

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#50New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 16:41:21
@4d4m Said

Sedition in political terms usually implies generals bringing their armies to the capitol and staging a coup d'etat.

The law (from criminal investigations to prosecutors to judges & juries) doesn't care about your opinion of what sedition "usually implies". In terms of prosecution what is important it the elements of the potential crimes and the evidence.

To wit as an example:

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

> If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States

There were way more than two persons.

> conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States,

They were trying to by force prevent the the execution of law; the final certifying/recording of the Electoral College vote by the joint houses of Congress.

> or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States

They took possession of property, including the Capitol building for a period of time.

> contrary to the authority thereof,

They had not authority to do what they were doing.

> they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

This part depends on prosecution. Those charged will likely take a plea bargain for a lesser offense.

Fort Myers, Florida
#51New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 17:35:26
I hope the powers that be take this event as seriously as they should and prosecute every criminal we saw on our TV's to the full extent of the law. They need to send a message that in America we do not condone or accept this sort of behavior, and we see how letting it go will only breed more and more similar acts by these lawless idiots.

We do not live in a jungle dictatorship, and every American should be outraged and worried. This needs to be nipped in the bud before these clowns become even more emboldened.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#52New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 17:45:43
...and 2 pipe bombs and cooler of Molotov cocktails found near Capitol Building amid Capitol riot....

...and one police officer died and more than 50 police officers injured....

Fort Myers, Florida
#53New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 20:10:06
It was hard for me to watch any of that mess happening on Wednesday. First off , the police bungled this thing very badly. Everyone on the planet knew that there was going to be something major happen that day, Trump had been promising it for weeks, but they ignored all of that and had a skeleton force there to protect the entire building.

Funny how they had a ton of police in riot gear for the black lives matter event earlier last year, but since mostly white folks were planning this event, cops were even taking selfies with them ! Those Trump supporting idiots were there loaded for bear and were Hellbent on causing destruction and injuries, and all of them should be held accountable. If I went to my local government building and did what they did, I would be sleeping in jail tonight, and so should they.

Heads should roll big time on this disaster and huge blemish on our Democracy.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#54New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 20:41:03
@chaski Said

Barr resigned.

Trump has trashed him.

He probably is looking for a hole to hide in.

And... NO... I do not believe your dumb conspiracy BS.

But hey... maybe the Turtle-Reptilians will invade Planet Earth on January 20, 2021... their first colony to be Washington, DC... of course.

Barr resigned is a punk way of dismissing an important question. So I'll rephrase it and ask you again.

If, during the Portland riots, there had been a precedent set for charging rioters with sedition, do you think Barr wouldn't have attempted to charge Antifa or BLM protesters with it?

Barr has a long record of stretching legal definitions to extraordinary proportions.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#55New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 20:51:17
@4d4m Said

If, during the Portland riots, there had been a precedent set for charging rioters with sedition, do you think Barr wouldn't have attempted to charge Antifa or BLM protesters with it?

No.

Your hypothetical “if” question is stupid.

Your comparison of protests at federal building in a state, with this assault at the Capitol Building in our Nation's Capital while our Vice President, Senators and Members of the H.R. were finalizing the Electoral count of the 2020 presidential election doesn’t work.

I would call it "punk", but the reality is that it is apologistic bulls***.

Now, put Trump inside that federal building in Portland, and have the protesters break in and attempting to get at him...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#56New Post! Jan 08, 2021 @ 21:10:41
@Don1945 Said

I hope the powers that be take this event as seriously as they should and prosecute every criminal we saw on our TV's to the full extent of the law.

Starting with:

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#57New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 00:10:47
@4d4m Said

Barr resigned is a punk way of dismissing an important question. So I'll rephrase it and ask you again.

Barr has a long record of stretching legal definitions to extraordinary proportions.

unless i missed a major point in current events, no one in Portland took over a federal building while the government was trying to conduct official business. Their camping out and creating an autonomous zone is simply (and legally) not the same thing. It wouldn't be setting a precedent any more than larceny/theft laws impact traffic violations, the two are not generally connected in all situations.

Though you could have a traffic violation while driving a stolen car, but not everyone that is a bad driver is in a stolen car.

Barr may be corrupt as hell, but he wasn't a f***ing idiot. He at least knew the law, and how to work it.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#58New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 00:24:48
@dookie Said

Hi........as I understood it, the article centred upon the need to prevent Donald Trump from standing for office again.

Extract:- "The power of Congress to disqualify an impeached president from holding office has received less attention through history than the power of Congress to remove a president from office"

My own reading of events is that Mr Trump's tactics have been much about eventually winning the war by turning the last election into only one battle.

Obviously, if precluded from ever being nominated again, then another "look/act alike" could try to step forward (his son?)

He has already been impeached though, so they really don't have to do it again to just say they did.

Like the senate decided not to Punish him by removing him, but he was still impeached. They would still be able to disqualify him or anyone else in that situation. I'm pretty sure no one really wanted Bill to hold office again, though legally he was already unable to run for president as it was his second term.

I don't think that Trump 2024 is really a threat. I mean I could be wrong, but the dude is old and not living a completely healthy lifestyle. While its possible to start a presidency at 78, I would serious wonder if Trump would be capable of it.

If we fail to react to the chaos and problems of the last week, i think the country is more at risk of a secondary stepping in to fill the same role. And that person will be younger and have less of Trump' "problematic issues". That is probably the biggest risk, Trump Jr might do it, if he escapes unscathed, but there could be others not actually tied to the family, but donning the same rhetoric that might fair rather well. It is a scary time indeed.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#59New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 02:36:39
What no one wants to admit is that on Wed, Jan 6th, what really happened was that the witches and sorcerers that rule America (and the world) had a Harry Potter spell casing battle.

They were throwing Sectumsempra and Avada Kedavra and Imperius and Legilimens and Cruciatus at each other... left and right... up and down... back and forth... all over the place...

No one was safe...!

It was terrible... everyone was innocent but the evil world ruling witches and sorcerers.

And poor Trump... a sad... sad victim of all the evil thrashing and smiting.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#60New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 02:44:44
They think they can ban a sitting president.

That's a game stupid little kids play.

Peek a boo!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs