mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jan 06, 2021 @ 23:32:14
And now we can call it a "Deadly Riot"
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#3New Post! Jan 06, 2021 @ 23:38:43
I have not been to this forum in many years, but this situation in the US made me come back.

I'm horrified to see what is happening in what was once considered a beacon of democracy. The actual President tells domestic terrorists "I love you", whilst the VP has clearly cut his ties to the President today.

Nation in turmoil.
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 00:27:33
Trump sent his followers to the Capitol building;

"And after this (rally), we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you , we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol..."

But was Trump there with his followers?

>>> NO HE WAS NOT <<<

I feel sorry for these people (but only a little). They believe in Trump, but he is a coward. He set them up and left them looking like raging Baboons on PCP. A woman has died. Some of these people will go to jail. they will have accomplished nothing of any value.

Meanwhile Donald "Jesus Christ" Trump sits behind his computer screen tweeting.

The only negative is that the certification count has already started up again...

Pelosi 2021!

(I'd hate to be Trump if she somehow became president... )
Stalker

#5New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 00:35:41
PS

If I were Pence, I'd be afraid for my life over the coming days.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 02:19:47
@Chrill Said

I have not been to this forum in many years, but this situation in the US made me come back.

I'm horrified to see what is happening in what was once considered a beacon of democracy. The actual President tells domestic terrorists "I love you", whilst the VP has clearly cut his ties to the President today.

Nation in turmoil.

Welcome back. And I’m hearing much the same as what you state coming from many leaders around the world, as well as business leaders here. Cabinet members are even reportedly considering the 25th Amendment as a result of what transpired tonight. Take heart in knowing that the majority of Americans are just as appalled, if not more so. These were extremists, mind you, and the only reason they were able to sit where Pence normally does in the Senate chamber is because of Trump, the worst President in US history.

He needs to be removed now, not on the 20th. Anything less would be an acceptance of this literal attempt of sedition.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#7New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 03:58:44
I'm not sure I would call the actions of hooligans in DC today as sedition. I'm thinking this was a demonstration gone horribly wrong. What's the end game with an act like this? The people aren't going to rise up and overthrow the government.
These people have driven the last coffin nail in the puppet and his administrations legacy. Fine. Clean up the mess, fire some cops and let's get on with it.

<<<< can't wait for January 20th
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 04:07:21
@4d4m Said

I'm not sure I would call the actions of hooligans in DC today as sedition. I'm thinking this was a demonstration gone horribly wrong. What's the end game with an act like this? The people aren't going to rise up and overthrow the government.
These people have driven the last coffin nail in the puppet and his administrations legacy. Fine. Clean up the mess, fire some cops and let's get on with it.

<<<< can't wait for January 20th

They took over a federal building and flew a traitor flag.

That’s the f***ing definition of sedition.

Doesn’t matter what their intentions were. This can’t be ignored and still expect the government to stand. It was basically a first act of war

Seriously, flags have meanings. If we start ignoring that, there’s no point in honoring any legal rules.
They may not have intended it as an end game, but they have forced the governments hands.

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 04:38:55
I see we need a dictionary...

se·di·tion
/səˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Yep. Textbook.
Stalker

#10New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 04:47:56
Three (3) hours into Twitter Trump Blackout.

NIce.

Nine (9) more hours of peace.

4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#11New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 06:50:33
Storming government buildings as a definition of sedition would get a whole lot of protesters tried for treason. That would include liberal ones. That's a capital offense. These people are, like most of the monkeys, caught up in a game they at best barely understand. There's no reason to try them for sedition. They are marionettes. If you want to find the real criminals follow the strings.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 08:29:15
Definitions of words have limited significance. The UK is lagging behind the US at the moment. Our PM who has dithered, equivocated and waffled throughout the pandemic is called "decisive" by his minnions. Our Government, to which the word "pro-active" is unknown, is described as being "ahead of the curve" by one of its ministers. Newspeak is here.

I'm a bit vague about the full story, but in G K Chesterton's "The Man Who Was Thursday" a guy is assigned to root out a terrorist organisation, a group of seven members who each are assigned a day of the week as their name. Eventually he discovers that each member are themselves also infiltrators - yet the terrorism has continued. Which has much to say of finding those who pull the strings.

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 08:59:24
@4d4m Said

Storming government buildings as a definition of sedition would get a whole lot of protesters tried for treason. That would include liberal ones. That's a capital offense. These people are, like most of the monkeys, caught up in a game they at best barely understand. There's no reason to try them for sedition. They are marionettes. If you want to find the real criminals follow the strings.

Even though it was posted here, I see you failed to comprehend the definition. Read it again, carefully this time.

Then, understand that nowhere did I state the individuals in the mob should be tried for sedition. That’s on Trump. (Although it should be noted that other laws were broken by these mob individuals which they should be charged for.)

Again, read the definition. And understand why I said that we must deal with Trump accordingly, lest we want to excuse such behavior for future administrations..
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#14New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 09:32:38
I have a problem with a bunch of armed domestic terrorists raiding a federal building and flying a battle flag for a country that made previous efforts to declare war on Washington.

I get protests are ugly by nature. People assembled get rowdy. I’m not a big fan of having to carry around a mackerel gun, but open carry is legal. People yell ad complaining in the capital for all sorts of reasons.
Some days I can sort of get someone wanting a confederate flag.

Putting them all together seems a bit much

More than some sarcastic pick cat hats, or even a after an extra-judicial murder.

Especially when the reason they were in that place and at that time was to rebel against the certification of a election and transfer of government power and authority they disagreed with. Even the women’s March was intentionally planned for the day after the transfer of power to be a statement of complaint not rebellion.

Officially, the government is on a path to transition to the Biden administration, there has been no significant legally upheld challenge to the transfer. People don’t have to like it, but stepping up to “stop it” is conduct of armed rebellion against authority. They’ve moved beyond “assembling” in complaint.

I’m totally down with riot or looters being charged for actual crimes of violence, but just being f***ing annoying and disruptive is not actually criminal.

Y’all don’t have to agree with me, but I feel a serious line was crossed.
I really value the power of protesters, so I’m not in favor of ending that. It’s like game though. A very clear set of rules and boundaries. Like you don’t protest and prevent ambulances from to the er. But if Joe Schmo is late for work tough titties.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 09:38:48
But no not everyone on the scene is worthy of a sedition charge. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there are charges against some organizers or leaders eventually.

In addition to the ones related to the death.

Also I meant machine gun, But apparently my phone thought I needed mackerel instead.

Sigh.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs