The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Democracy or Single Party Representation?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#1New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 08:00:42
For most of my life, I have been a strong believer in the workings of Democracy until now. The past few years has seen me question my beliefs as well as others.

The problem with Democracy is that you never get who you are really voting for as they are all owned by someone else. No matter who they are but the very rare few.

Lobby groups manipulate the media, the media manipulate the gullible audience, the audience votes for the weak kneed politician who in the end, lies their butts off to get elected. Do they make the decisions to fix the nation or to crawl up to to the noisy selfish interest groups? Answer: The latter.

Even with governments raking in bonza amounts of money never heard off before, essential services and infrastructure is falling apart. No government is stepping in to bring education, health, immigration/emmigration etc back in line to what society knows as right.

Politicians are too weak in a democratic system which is why, my beliefs now are opposed to the democratic system. Our pollies behave like Kings and Queens. If that is what they want, then make them fight for it. Topple the current serving political Monarchy and install a new system.

My choice: Fascism in its true form looking after health, education, infrastructure, etc.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 08:08:08
What exactly is fascism minus the nazi stuff?
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#3New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 08:24:36
@reiko Said
What exactly is fascism minus the nazi stuff?

Good question and an undertandable misunderstanding due to the lies spread by the current mob. The Nazi Party is just one political party that held fascist ideals.

Firstly, being anti-semitic is not part and parcel of being fascist. Otherwise, every single political party in Germany and surrounding nations would have been fascist.

Fascism is;

Unlike Communism where the Government controls absolutely everything, fascism supports the small business owner and stops the unions from running rampant over the business yet, allowing them to survive as local workplace staff representation.

Government holds the responsibility of essential infrastructure of: mining, health, education, law enforcement(highly privatised), military defence industries etc. The money returned to infrastructure and reinvested.

Family Policy is that of encouraging people to have children. Materialism that we see today is seen as selfish, putting the whole self before the community. Feminism, destructive of the family unit is completely disregarded. You do not need feminism to put women in the workplace where necessary. One positive trait of fascism, is that one parent works while the other(male or female) stays home to care for the house and family. There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Education is foremost. The most important asset is the nations youth. We are not caring for our youth but discarding them. Blaming them for the ills created by the selfish policies of the elder generations who actually make the decisions for the nation.

Homelessness is not accepted. In Australia, just over 1,000 young families become homeless every year due to the excessive costs of living which fills the wallets of the few. There is no benefit to society as a whole. Homeless youth are housed, educated, trained and helped to be ready.

Family and Nation.

Strenght, Courage and Honour!
vladimirm On April 13, 2007

Darlington, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 08:55:17
Why is everybody so obsessed with seeign communism as a totalitarian power hungry thing? i know im not the best one to disperse that myth but we're not, we're really not. We dont want government or control or power, it degrades the human spirit.

*closes eyes* are you trying ot tell me your a facist?
pissyjoey On January 21, 2007

Midwest City, Oklahoma
#5New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 08:57:20
It's weird that you quote Orwell because fascism was so repulsive to him.

For everyone else, I would recomend that you do some searching on your own to see if what he says about fascism is correct. On a similar note, people often have incomplete ideas about communism. You should really check up on both ideologies. Capitalism is pretty scary too if you look at the words of the early thinkers.

Still democracy is ideal but we do not have that system in the United States. Business owns this country so we are actually a plutocracy. That is why your critiques have some merit. But it is uselful to remember that we do not live in a democracy.
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#6New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 13:08:46
I think that democracy is the way to go other wise we are going to end up like nazi germany all of us if we vote for people like howard and bush Yes I've read 1984 and what it saids is so true it's like this guy had a crystal ball and was able to predict the present.It's bloody scary to say the least. 8)
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#7New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:09:29
This is what wikipedia says about fascism..
Fascism
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 09, 2006 @ 01:14:08
Reiko, that site is not working for me.

Well, I don't think that we are a real democracy but nations returning to Feudalism as the few own everything and everyone else must do as they are told.

As for the Nazi Germany comment...get off it!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#9New Post! Feb 09, 2006 @ 01:17:03
I want to live in the federation from star trek. What kind of government are they?
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#10New Post! Feb 09, 2006 @ 01:30:03
Seriously, better than so many systems of governments, would be to return to the old heathen ways.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs