Death rates by guns

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...23 24 25 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 19:51:35
Are highest in Republican states, poor states, and those with lax gun laws.

https://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2012/07/geography-gun-violence/2655/
ClickBoom On November 12, 2012

, Canada
#2New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 20:54:19
@El_Tino Said

Are highest in Republican states, poor states, and those with lax gun laws.

I don't know what difference it makes if they are in a Republican or Democrat state but I buy the stats on the rest of your opening statement.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#3New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 21:14:15
Show me one stat where a gun ran down the street shooting anybody. guns don't kill, people do. They need to be held accountable for their action and killed immediately. If not a gun, they would use something else. Thank God I have the right to bare arms and protect myself.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 21:41:57
@rocket48 Said
guns don't kill, people do.

Always reminds me of this:

townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 21, 2012 @ 22:18:19
@rocket48 Said

Show me one stat where a gun ran down the street shooting anybody. guns don't kill, people do. They need to be held accountable for their action and killed immediately. If not a gun, they would use something else. Thank God I have the right to bare arms and protect myself.

Thats why in the UK we dont shoot people we merc them. We also have baseball bats, knives, chains. If all used properly are fine but again it depends whose hands we put them in.

A gun in the correct hands is fine.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#6New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 04:36:34
@ClickBoom Said

I don't know what difference it makes if they are in a Republican or Democrat state but I buy the stats on the rest of your opening statement.

Yeah, I bet poor has more to do with it than anything else. Everything else might not even have any bearing on the rates, in fact.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:08:59
Ahhhhh, the old "It's people that kill, not the gun" rubbish argument again.

OK, fine. Simply don't let people have guns, then. That way, they can't use them. Simple.

Perhaps instead we can let Aardvarks, Parrots and Zebras own guns because their lack of an opposable thumb will prevent them from holding the weapon and pulling the trigger. Perfectly safe.

Nonsense..? Of course it is.

A gun is an item that has no purpose other than the taking of life. It has no other application, therefore anybody who owns one does must do so with that intention aforethought. The person, the item and the intent are as one.

Unfortunately, guns cannot be uninvented. Oh that they could be. But as they can't, we must do all we can to keep them out of the hands of those who actually want them.

That's the trick to preventing firearms killing.

Can be safely trusted to own a gun

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:11:34
@Jennifer1984 Said

A gun is an item that has no purpose other than the taking of life. It has no other application, therefore anybody who owns one does must do so with that intention aforethought. The person, the item and the intent are as one.

Including those who buy guns for target competitions? If I'm not mistaken it's even an Olympic event.

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:12:51
@rocket48 Said

So 12 people would have been killed and 58 injured if he used something else legal instead?
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#10New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:17:32
@jmo Said

Always reminds me of this:

I know I am going to catch crap for this one, but what the heck did I just watch? This is exactly why Americans want to keep our rights to bare arms. We are not monkeys. We are humans, and when we kill other humans, our rights to life are exhausted. Some states lock up for life, but I am proud to live in a state that executes.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:20:11
@Leon Said

Including those who buy guns for target competitions? If I'm not mistaken it's even an Olympic event.

If I had my way, Leon, I would have those events taken out of the Games.

Events such as Pentathlon at the Summer Games, and Biathlon at the Winter Games are militaristically oriented (de Coubertain devised Pentathlon as the set of skills and equipment required by a cavalry officer going into action).

The Games are meant to be a peaceful festival, in my opinion, they should not involve events that involve lethal weapons and that includes fencing and archery.

Just my opinion.

rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#12New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:21:24
@Jennifer1984 Said

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

I will disagree 100 percent with this statement. The purpose of owning a gun is for self defense.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:23:48
guns dont kill, people kill.
best tool for the job of killing happens to be a gun.
i love shootin.

San Diego, California
#14New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:25:30
@Jennifer1984 Said

If I had my way, Leon, I would have those events taken out of the Games.

Events such as Pentathlon at the Summer Games, and Biathlon at the Winter Games are militaristically oriented (de Coubertain devised Pentathlon as the set of skills and equipment required by a cavalry officer going into action).

The Games are meant to be a peaceful festival, in my opinion, they should not involve events that involve lethal weapons and that includes fencing and archery.

Just my opinion.

Because of its original purpose? Might as well take out boxing and wrestling then too, as those evolved from violent origins as well.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#15New Post! Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:27:45
@Leon Said

So 12 people would have been killed and 58 injured if he used something else legal instead?

Absolutely. Many items used to make a bomb are legal and that could very well kill more people. Guns need to be in the hands of people for defense. If more people hand a gun in the theater, the shooter may have killed less. I still believe we have more good people in this world and I would prefer the good people be armed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...23 24 25 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs