Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...11 12 13 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#76New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 15:05:13
@mrmhead Said

being all apologetic.... for getting caught ...

Yes... one of my favorite things for leaders and celebrities to do ( )

Get caught taking illegal drugs... make a commercial or public statement that drugs are bad...

Say something bad... make a commercial or public statement that racism (or whatever) is bad...

Get caught cheating on your spouse... make a commercial or public statement that infidelity is bad....

Get caught taking a bribe... make a commercial or public statement that you are sorry for your poor judgement...

For me, "they" need to STFU.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#77New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 15:50:03
Defund the Police

A dangerous phrase that will quickly backlash as the uninformed and misinformed grab on to it as an example "they" want anarchy and chaos.

At it's most extreme, yes, it could mean disbanding the police force.

Just as "Gun Control" at it's most extreme means confiscating all guns.

But anyone with half a brain knows that's not what is really intended (in most cases) and it's not going to happen overnight.

It's just a great catchphrase to get the righties all riled up.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#78New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 16:06:01
@mrmhead Said

Defund the Police

A dangerous phrase that will quickly backlash as the uninformed and misinformed grab on to it as an example "they" want anarchy and chaos.

At it's most extreme, yes, it could mean disbanding the police force.

Just as "Gun Control" at it's most extreme means confiscating all guns.

But anyone with half a brain knows that's not what is really intended (in most cases) and it's not going to happen overnight.

It's just a great catchphrase to get the righties all riled up.

Right... I feel that one of the many problems with the so called "left" is that they embrace stupid terms without thinking. You are exactly on point...

instead of "police reform" or some other well thought out term that actually has a well thought out plan attached to it, the come up with... "Defund the Police".

It is even more "funny" that "Defund the Police" leading towards the theoretical disbanding the police force actually feeds the far right agenda that all we really need in the USA is a bunch of "good men with guns" to stop crime... a return of the Wild Wild West!

Maybe we need to go to a blended law enforcement-mercenary-guns for hire system... the Pinkerton's on steroids... but with a kinder demeanor... combined with active duty military turned federal police...

Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#79New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 16:33:21
This Tom & Jerry s*** is going to continue on and on

Like Disney World automatons keeping the ride nice and ugly.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#80New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 17:38:26
I don't want the police to be politically hamstrung by de-funding or any other form of restriction.

All societies need a police service that maintains law and order, pursues wrongdoers and protects the public.

Where it starts to go wrong is when police officers start to think that rather than serving the law, the ARE the law.

We've had our own instances of police excess. Trigger happy armed officers appointing themselves as judge, jury and executioner. Police in public order situations using excessive force that results in the death of innocent people who are not even involved in the demonstration. It's happened.

To be an effective police officer, the individual has to show restraint as much as use force. Force, when used, should be proportionate and about maintaining order rather than "fighting fire with fire." All that attitude does is to up the ante and then it can turn really nasty.

Our police are pretty good. Incidents that go bad are relatively rare although as I've said above, when it has gone wrong, sometimes it's gone very wrong.

There is never any need for any police officer to choke a man to death by cutting off his airway in a conspicuously vicious manner. All that officer needed to do, if he was concerned that the (alleged) offender might become confrontational or violent, was to put restraints on him and ensure that any concealed weapons he might have were taken away. From there it's a simple job to have him moved to a police station for processing.

Nobody dies. Cities don't burn.

It really can be that simple.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#81New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 18:05:37
Demilitarize the police, might be better.

But yes it’s a s***ty hashtag.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#82New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 18:13:26
What is find interesting, for lack of a better word, are all the people that say racist s*** and act in racist ways that are all shocked and sorry when they get “caught”

b****, please we all knew before, that s*** shows in your words and actions. You we’re not hiding it before, you just were not getting called on it.

NE, Ohio
#83New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 18:39:34
@DiscordTiger Said

Demilitarize the police, might be better.

But yes it’s a s***ty hashtag.

Not too many years ago there was a big hoo-ha about police buying up excess military equipment - firepower, vehicles, etc.

One point brought up by the Cleveland Black Lives Matter :

"Is it truly necessary that you’ll have to do all of this tactical training and utilize all of these special weaponry that is meant for paramilitary?” Henton said. "If we take some of that funding and we put some of that funding into the things that lead to crime, because most of them are crimes of poverty, then we’ll be able to best eliminate.”

The other 9 points also seem reasonable

The demands for accountability requested by BLMC include:

Officers having independent liability insurance
A tracking system of police misconduct
Community oversight of the police
Psychiatric evaluations once a year
Mandatory drug and alcohol testing after misconduct
Defund and abolish blue lives matter bill
Immediate termination of officers with two or more incidents of misconduct and use of excessive force
Gag orders on all agencies during misconduct investigations to prevent corruption of grand jury
Mandatory body cameras for all officers

10 Points
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#84New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 19:43:45
@DiscordTiger Said

What is find interesting, for lack of a better word, are all the people that say racist s*** and act in racist ways that are all shocked and sorry when they get “caught”

b****, please we all knew before, that s*** shows in your words and actions. You we’re not hiding it before, you just were not getting called on it.

And/or they hide behind ALL THIS PC STUFF IS BULLs***!

No it isn't, "you're" just a rude asstard who doesn't like to be called out on you ignorant s***.

NE, Ohio
#85New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 20:10:37
On Saturday, the Brevard County (FL) chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police posted a message on Facebook addressed to the "Buffalo 57" and "Atlanta 6," saying that it was "hiring."

I would have expected something like that coming out of Texas.

NE, Ohio
#86New Post! Jun 08, 2020 @ 20:12:36
@chaski Said

Maybe we need to go to a blended law enforcement-mercenary-guns for hire system... the Pinkerton's on steroids... but with a kinder demeanor... combined with active duty military turned federal police...

Blackwater on CBD!
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#87New Post! Jun 09, 2020 @ 00:07:19
@mrmhead Said

Not too many years ago there was a big hoo-ha about police buying up excess military equipment - firepower, vehicles, etc.

One point brought up by the Cleveland Black Lives Matter :

"Is it truly necessary that you’ll have to do all of this tactical training and utilize all of these special weaponry that is meant for paramilitary?” Henton said. "If we take some of that funding and we put some of that funding into the things that lead to crime, because most of them are crimes of poverty, then we’ll be able to best eliminate.”

The other 9 points also seem reasonable

The demands for accountability requested by BLMC include:

Officers having independent liability insurance
A tracking system of police misconduct
Community oversight of the police
Psychiatric evaluations once a year
Mandatory drug and alcohol testing after misconduct
Defund and abolish blue lives matter bill
Immediate termination of officers with two or more incidents of misconduct and use of excessive force
Gag orders on all agencies during misconduct investigations to prevent corruption of grand jury
Mandatory body cameras for all officers

10 Points

Yes, the idea is: take some of the money used for current police actions, which is not working - to shift into programs that will help prevention and reducing the need for police response.
That is a really long hashtag though.

sort of the way head start programs are supposed to improve education at higher levels. Not to dismiss BLM, because they are indeed in the most risk group... it's certainly not all about race though, there is also an economic component and moving money around would help address that in a way. Not perfect, but something.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#88New Post! Jun 09, 2020 @ 00:08:47
@mrmhead Said

On Saturday, the Brevard County (FL) chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police posted a message on Facebook addressed to the "Buffalo 57" and "Atlanta 6," saying that it was "hiring."

I am totally shocked it wasn't Lakeland.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#89New Post! Jun 09, 2020 @ 00:42:16
@mrmhead Said

@DiscordTiger Said

I am totally shocked it wasn't Lakeland.

Yeah... this is straight up Florida Man s***....

Oh you're a bunch of idiot losers? Come to Florida, we have a home for you. You'll fit right in.

For f*** sake...

....years later the child looks at his dad and says, "So dad, why did we move to Florida?"

The dad replies, "I was a cop and liked beating on the people I was supposed to protect... Florida was the only place that would have me... the beaches in Brevard County are nice... and there are enough idiots in Florida that if you beat the s*** out of a few no one bats an eye...plus Florida has a great death penalty record... 3 out of 4 people sentenced to death actually committed a murder... a 750 batting average is epic for baseball..."

Side note: Don't get me wrong, I lived in So Fla. for a long time... loved it... but Florida has more than its share of idiots...

We still don't know what the final count was in the 2012 election...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#90New Post! Jun 09, 2020 @ 00:50:47
@chaski Said

Yeah... this is straight up Florida Man s***....

Oh you're a bunch of idiot losers? Come to Florida, we have a home for you. You'll fit right in.

For f*** sake...

....years later the child looks at his dad and says, "So dad, why did we move to Florida?"

The dad replies, "I was a cop and liked beating on the people I was supposed to protect... Florida was the only place that would have me... the beaches in Brevard County are nice... and there are enough idiots in Florida that if you beat the s*** out of a few no one bats an eye...plus Florida has a great death penalty record... 3 out of 4 people sentenced to death actually committed a murder... a 750 batting average is epic for baseball..."

Side note: Don't get me wrong, I lived in So Fla. for a long time... loved it... but Florida has more than its share of idiots...

We still don't know what the final count was in the 2012 election...

And on that note...

Palm Beach County (with West Palm Beach), Broward County (with Fort Lauderdale), Dade County (with Miami) and the Florida Keys should be made into an international zone like Hong Kong... (and why not add Puerto Rico to that international zone as well...).

The rest of Florida should be called South Georgia...or given to Georgia... except the "panhandle" that should just be given to Alabama...

Just saying...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs