Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Dec 17, 2009 @ 15:59:52
@aquine Said

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

God bless you.

Enslavement to God is still slavery.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#47New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 01:23:27
No, those who think they do belong in a padded cell.
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 01:35:02
i am a medium,and can talk,sence,smell,see them and feel them,but i understand that no body has my beliefs and i have no intention of trying to get them to believe x
Johnny_shade On October 28, 2011

Casper, Wyoming
#49New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 02:13:12
I think it's quite ridiculous... "Talking to the dead" is a figment of the human imagination. Do you see animals trying to talk to their dead relatives? Nope. They must think we're f**kin' retarded!
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#50New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 02:54:52
@Johnny_shade Said

I think it's quite ridiculous... "Talking to the dead" is a figment of the human imagination. Do you see animals trying to talk to their dead relatives? Nope. They must think we're f**kin' retarded!

How on earth this method of looking to animal behaviour and comparing and contrasting it with our own has ever gained credibility is beyond me.

God bless you.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#51New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 02:57:12
@davii Said

Enslavement to God is still slavery.

And a blissful state it is.

Imagine being a slave to a master who provides all your shelter, all your food, unfailing love and faithfulness, pure contentment and joy, an abundance of riches and wealth, and everlasting security.

WOW!

God bless you.

Casper, Wyoming
#52New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 02:59:11
@aquine Said

Imagine being a slave to a master who provides all your shelter, all your food, unfailing love and faithfulness, pure contentment and joy, an abundance of riches and wealth, and everlasting security.

WOW!

God bless you.

Are you describing P.Diddy's man-servant?
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#53New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 12:48:01
@aquine Said

WOW!

God bless you.

9 out of 10 cats agree.

A slave to a master that demands your love and worship. A jealous master that denies you any other love or worship (free will? I don't think that works, what with being a slave an' all). A master that commands your love and respect only through fear of his/hers/it's law. A master that acts as it sees fit, to do with you what it wills, as you are it's possesion...

Hell's the place with the fire, but Heaven sounds like a holiday concentration camp...

Casper, Wyoming
#54New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:32:30
@aquine Said

How on earth this method of looking to animal behaviour and comparing and contrasting it with our own has ever gained credibility is beyond me.

God bless you.

Ah yes, because the idea that we are animals is just too radical to believe (even though it makes sense.)

By the way, if you were wondering who P. Diddy's manservant was, here ya go

Could this be Aquine???

https://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/p-diddy.s-bentley.-i.m-an-assistant-not-a-butler
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#55New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:45:12
@Johnny_shade Said

Ah yes, because the idea that we are animals is just too radical to believe (even though it makes sense.)

hell, humans don't want to admit being related to each other.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#56New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:46:55
@Johnny_shade Said

we got 7 cats.
they do some strange things.
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#57New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:49:22
yes i believe you can talk to a person who has died...ive been doing it for years..but again i wouldnt try and make anyone on here believe..it is my own personal belief and i have had so much proof of my own that i dont need to doubt it x
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#58New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:52:55
NO
Consciousness, self, soul, whatever you call it, is a direct result of the electrical activity of our brain, and nothing more has even been demonstrated or proven.
Once the biological "machine" dies, so does that electricity.
If there were more to it than we can generally sense, if that electric field had an existence outside the machine, we'd all be up to our eye-brows in the ghosts of toasters, washers, and computers too!
The one thing that always amuses me about so-called "past lives", is how often the great and powerful are re-incarnated, and how few "ordinary" people are.
It would appear that you can take it with you!

Casper, Wyoming
#59New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 02:57:01
@Marcussextus Said

NO
Consciousness, self, soul, whatever you call it, is a direct result of the electrical activity of our brain, and nothing more has even been demonstrated or proven.
Once the biological "machine" dies, so does that electricity.
If there were more to it than we can generally sense, if that electric field had an existence outside the machine, we'd all be up to our eye-brows in the ghosts of toasters, washers, and computers too!
The one thing that always amuses me about so-called "past lives", is how often the great and powerful are re-incarnated, and how few "ordinary" people are.
It would appear that you can take it with you!

Ah, but what about the conservation of energy??? Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and electricity is energy. So that energy has to go somewhere, right?

Btw, I'm just messing with you
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#60New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 03:10:36
@Johnny_shade Said

Ah, but what about the conservation of energy??? Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and electricity is energy. So that energy has to go somewhere, right?

Btw, I'm just messing with you

It is drained into the meat, earthed if you will, it is generated by bio-chemical processes and relies on that for constant renewal, there is no apparent "battery". Once the machine stops, the power is consumed in the process of decay.

Belief in life-after-death, in whatever form, is the reflection of our common fear of death, and the inability to accept our own infinitesimal and temporary spot in the Universe.
Of course, any dead people reading this can feel free to contact me and dispute my opinion!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs