Pages: 1 2 · >>
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#1New Post! Sep 23, 2007 @ 15:02:14
i'm gonna lay it all on the table here,
i hate Dan Brown.
i've never read a book with flatter characters and dialogue than the Davinci Code. i don't know why in hell everyone loved it.
apart from his skill at descriptive narrative in regard architecture and such he's completly worthless as a writer.

phew...
i just had to get that out there,
maybe rants & raves would be a better place.
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 23, 2007 @ 15:05:55
I thought The Da Vinci Code was ok - nothing special though, I certainly don't get what the fuss was all about!

Edit - I like some of his other stuff though!
vavoom On December 01, 2011

Beirut, Lebanon
#3New Post! Sep 23, 2007 @ 15:34:08
The star of Dan Brown should not have been the Da Vinci Code, but Angels and
Demons. The reason why I like those two books is because they have an
interesting take on art and history...

btw, I recently watched the Da Vinci code's movie, it is not as enjoyable as the
book. Some parts were meh...

But seriously, Angels and Demons beat the Da Vinci Code.
eyesgluedshut On October 19, 2007

, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 14, 2007 @ 11:47:26
I've been told that Angels and Demons was better than The Da Vinci Code. I've read Angels and Demons...and thought is was pretty good, I liked the attention to detail and all the references to art and history in it. It was believable...and seemed pretty intelligent. I haven't read The Da Vinci Code yet, couldn't get my hands on it.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 14, 2007 @ 11:51:34
I have to say i agree with the general feeling that angels and demons was better than the da vinci code, i absolutely adored angels and demons and did quite enjoy the da vinci code, although i did read them a couple years ago now but i still think they were good, especially angels and demons.

oh and i liked digital fortress too.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#6New Post! Oct 14, 2007 @ 11:51:45
@alexkidd Said
i hate Dan Brown.
i've never read a book with flatter characters and dialogue than the Davinci Code. i don't know why in hell everyone loved it.
apart from his skill at descriptive narrative in regard architecture and such he's completly worthless as a writer.

phew...

I've been waiting for someone to say that. I would do it myself, but I'm not mean enough. You took the words out of my mouth, though.

The Da Vinci Code made him the King of Controversy for a brief period of time, that's all. There's no need to call him a great writer just because of that. Not that anyone has...
donna_j On January 29, 2008

Adelaide, Australia
#7New Post! Oct 14, 2007 @ 12:00:14
I fell asleep reading the book so I thought I'd try watching the movie.. and fell asleep during that so I can't really judge whether it's good or bad. Must be boring though!
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#8New Post! Oct 14, 2007 @ 12:28:15
@alexkidd Said
i hate Dan Brown.

phew...

I am right ith you on that.. i had the miss fortune of reading angels and demons.. man what a pile of s***..
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 15:26:01
ahhhhhhh this ole chestnut, I find his writing incredibly irritating yet compelling. He adopts a tease and he doesnt stop to the point where you want to throw the book against the wall. I also find the helicopter escape in angels and demons f***ing hilarious.

In his favour, he has encouraged a lot of people to question religion, unfortunately some people think his books are completely true and go on pilgrimages to find the holy grail or whatever, which i think is dumb, but if they want to its up to them.

Perhaps he is a start, a stepping stone into better reading in a way avril lavigne or sum 41 was to rock music for children.
perspicacious On November 28, 2014

?, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 15:28:55
@alexkidd Said
i hate Dan Brown.

phew...

I've slated him on 'ere plenty o' times.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#11New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 15:32:20
You're absolutley right Alex. And ind yep, if any of his books should have gotten attention, it was Angels and Demons. A much better read than DaVinci COde.
dragonpoet On September 08, 2016

putnam, Connecticut
#12New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 18:09:30
I have read both, however I must say I prefered "Angels and Demons", over the other one...I think it got so much attention due to the religlious aspects and implications of it, over anything else.
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 03:54:07
@dragonpoet Said
I have read both, however I must say I prefered "Angels and Demons", over the other one...I think it got so much attention due to the religlious aspects and implications of it, over anything else.

I agree, i liked his descriptions of rome so much i took a holiday there. Pantheon is awesome

dragonpoet On September 08, 2016

putnam, Connecticut
#14New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 15:20:49
@shadowy Said
I agree, i liked his descriptions of rome so much i took a holiday there. Pantheon is awesome

Cool...So did it match the description in the book? I have never been to Rome.
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 07, 2008 @ 03:43:16
@dragonpoet Said
Cool...So did it match the description in the book? I have never been to Rome.

It matched very well, couldn't find the secret passage into the vatican though.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs