Damn Netflix

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 02:02:05
Why they keep taking off the good shows. I didn’t get to finish Salem yet!!!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 02:17:41
salam last only three seasons, Netflix took off because subject matter that how scenes were suitable for all the whole family. maybe, also, not enough people were interesting to watch it.

i saw all three seasons, it was one of the better series finales of 2017.

this year, with the best and brilliant series finale is " the americans ".
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 02:24:56
@twilitezone911 Said

salam last only three seasons, Netflix took off because subject matter that how scenes were suitable for all the whole family. maybe, also, not enough people were interesting to watch it.

i saw all three seasons, it was one of the better series finales of 2017.

this year, with the best and brilliant series finale is " the americans ".

I was only half way through season 2. Now I will have to search for an alternative way to view it. That really sucks. It was one of the good shows they had on there. In the meantime I’ll watch Penny Dreadful before they get rid of it. If they did take it off because it wasn’t family friendly then that’s a bunch of hogwash.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 02:30:07
@Cpat92 Said

I was only half way through season 2. Now I will have to search for an alternative way to view it. That really sucks. It was one of the good shows they had on there. In the meantime I’ll watch Penny Dreadful before they get rid of it. If they did take it off because it wasn’t family friendly then that’s a bunch of hogwash.

it never turn me on when it on showtime, the commercials didn't even peel to me to watch the pilot of the show.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 02:54:46
@twilitezone911 Said

it never turn me on when it on showtime, the commercials didn't even peel to me to watch the pilot of the show.

I saw a trailer on YouTube. I grew interested. Ironically around that time we were discussing the Salem Witch Trials in class. It was October and I was in a festive mood. I actually liked it. Hated some characters, but it kept my interest.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 03:21:46
@Cpat92 Said

I saw a trailer on YouTube. I grew interested. Ironically around that time we were discussing the Salem Witch Trials in class. It was October and I was in a festive mood. I actually liked it. Hated some characters, but it kept my interest.

you were right one thing, pat, salem was one of the few shows that dealt with salem. the movie, " the crubile " is only that dealt witch trials.

other hand, " charmed " ( the cw's reboot, charmed next tv season commercial's poster on tv doesn't look good. ) was fun and likably tv series that i really liked with decent series finale.

i usually like these weird tv shows, it usually the trailers has really get my attention to get past the pilots.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 03:40:20
@twilitezone911 Said

you were right one thing, pat, salem was one of the few shows that dealt with salem. the movie, " the crubile " is only that dealt witch trials.

other hand, " charmed " ( the cw's reboot, charmed next tv season commercial's poster on tv doesn't look good. ) was fun and likably tv series that i really liked with decent series finale.

i usually like these weird tv shows, it usually the trailers has really get my attention to get past the pilots.

I don’t know if I’ll watch the Charmed reboot. Doesn’t look as good in my opinion.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 05:50:35
@Cpat92 Said

I don’t know if I’ll watch the Charmed reboot. Doesn’t look as good in my opinion.

it doesn't look good, if they avoid have three more white women. because there is a black woman in it, because mostly union, women groups and naccp are forcing tv production hire more women than men. naccp and black actors and actresses said more black must be in main leads in tv shows and movies.

not this is bad, it hurt tv show because not color of the skin, but if actor and actress doesn't look the part or should more experience not a young actor or actress in the lead.

it look like very miscasting for the lead, it really shows how bad the shows appears. showing that the show need to be pull from the air and the production lost millions to waste their time and brother in filming in the first place.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 11:44:45
Honestly I'd like to see them just offer everything streaming and offer a smaller selection of DVDs. I'd be willing to pay more every month and I'm guessing a lot of other people would too.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 12:24:33
I really wish they would group all this stuff together in one place again like Eagle I’d happily pay more rather than having Amazon Prime, Netflix, Now TV all offering separate shows that I enjoy.

I watched the first season of Salem, I wasn’t keen and ended up bored with it. I have a rule of thumb if im watching a show and end up spending time on my phone then I’m not really into it. Penny Dreadful was a fantastic show. Proper gutted when they finished it. It’s the best thing John Logan has ever done.

I’ve just started watching Ballers with Dwayne Johnson which is good, I see it as a natural replacement to Entourage which I throughly enjoyed as it’s the same team that did/do both.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#11New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 15:11:18
@twilitezone911 Said

it doesn't look good, if they avoid have three more white women. because there is a black woman in it, because mostly union, women groups and naccp are forcing tv production hire more women than men. naccp and black actors and actresses said more black must be in main leads in tv shows and movies.

not this is bad, it hurt tv show because not color of the skin, but if actor and actress doesn't look the part or should more experience not a young actor or actress in the lead.

it look like very miscasting for the lead, it really shows how bad the shows appears. showing that the show need to be pull from the air and the production lost millions to waste their time and brother in filming in the first place.

It just didn’t look appealing to me. It seems like a modern drama, but not good. Their race seems irrelevant to me though. It just doesn’t look as good.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 15:13:19
@cole Said

I really wish they would group all this stuff together in one place again like Eagle I’d happily pay more rather than having Amazon Prime, Netflix, Now TV all offering separate shows that I enjoy.

I watched the first season of Salem, I wasn’t keen and ended up bored with it. I have a rule of thumb if im watching a show and end up spending time on my phone then I’m not really into it. Penny Dreadful was a fantastic show. Proper gutted when they finished it. It’s the best thing John Logan has ever done.

I’ve just started watching Ballers with Dwayne Johnson which is good, I see it as a natural replacement to Entourage which I throughly enjoyed as it’s the same team that did/do both.

I only saw the first season of Ballers. Some shows I fell behind on due to work and school. I’ve been trying to catch up, but Salem’s removal is a speed bump for me.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 15:39:39
What gets my goat is when I finally do think of a specific movie or show I want to see - usually an older one - It's nowhere to be found streaming.. at least for free ..

I have Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Showtime, Spectrum (cable, and all their channel inclusions) - On Demand and Streaming, Roku with all their "freebie channels", Prime ...
Sometimes it will be available on Prime - for additional cost, or other Roku channels - at a cost.

I've found if I start with Google, it will often show if/where it's available for streaming.

Note that HBO, Showtime, and the other Cable channels (Sci, TNT, NetGeo, etc) have more of a selection for streaming than On Demand over cable. Sometimes you need to get their specific streaming app, like HBO Go.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 19:09:43
you'll all recommend " penny dredful ", I have to goggle what the show about , it was like short stories in an series than a regular series like salem.

when I have a chance this summer between taping my summer tv shows and my dvd movies, I can watched the show in between on showtime on demand.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Jun 06, 2018 @ 22:18:01
Apple will be getting into the subscription business with a slew of their own shows in the works.

And there is talk they may open their iTunes library for a subscription rate as well, like they did with their music library a few years ago, which would be game over for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon if true. There is also talk Apple may buy Netflix or HBO. But these may all be wild speculation of course that never see fruition.

In the meantime, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu seem to be plenty enough for me, despite having cut cable years ago. Sure, it’s not everything, but I don’t mind paying an on-demand rental for anything not in those libraries from time to time.

There is plenty out there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs