Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#1New Post! Jul 17, 2011 @ 09:58:43
Dalai Lama Visit
provided by AOL

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama held a White House meeting Saturday with the Dalai Lama, a fellow Nobel Peace laureate, hours after China called on the U.S. to rescind an invitation that could sour relations with Beijing.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/16/obamas-meets-with-dalai-l_n_900664.html
--------------------------

What's the real purpose for this dude's visit ?
The Chinese Foreign Minister has pleaded to Obama not to go and this dude did it anyway.
Is this what we need as president after 2012 ?
A man who doesn't listen ?
I see the biggest landslide ever in the history of presidential elections.
Fritzy On April 15, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#2New Post! Jul 17, 2011 @ 10:05:55
I'm guessing this would be the reason for the dude's visit.

Quote:
The White House said the 45-minute private session in the Map Room showed Obama's support for preserving Tibet's culture and protecting human rights, as well reaffirming his belief that Chinese government should engage with representatives of the Dalai Lama to resolve their differences.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#3New Post! Jul 17, 2011 @ 14:27:54
@PTF Said

The Chinese Foreign Minister has pleaded to Obama not to go and this dude did it anyway.

I love this.. because if Obama had canceled the visit, the OP would have said something about him being "spineless" or that he was too much of a wuss to stand up to another country.

For the people who hate him, he loses either way.... Sadly, the people who hate him lose either way as well, since they can't open their minds enough to see the truth.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#4New Post! Jul 17, 2011 @ 14:31:52
@PTF Said

Dalai Lama Visit
provided by AOL

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama held a White House meeting Saturday with the Dalai Lama, a fellow Nobel Peace laureate, hours after China called on the U.S. to rescind an invitation that could sour relations with Beijing.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/16/obamas-meets-with-dalai-l_n_900664.html

I wonder if obama let him out the back door with the trash like he did last time

Deleted

#5New Post! Jul 17, 2011 @ 15:01:15
@TheMuse Said

I wonder if obama let him out the back door with the trash like he did last time

Yup.. because the back door is so nasty..

And so much worse than the front door...

nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#6New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 00:34:07
@PTF Said

Dalai Lama Visit
provided by AOL

You would've rather had him listen to the Chinese? The country that wants to actually retain control of Tibet? To not show support for something that the chinese don't want?
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#7New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 01:09:36
In other words this dude is doing the right thing ?
Learn to say when dude.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 01:12:31
Jeez, relax people, Chinese too.

It's not like he's going to Bitburg to honor Nazi soldiers ...
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 02:01:46
@TheMuse Said

Was not a pretty picture no doubt. The location & meeting was kept low keyed and the exit was because the snow was not yet removed from the other exit, not to mention to avoid the press.
Still..... should'a cleaned up the place.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#10New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 13:41:51
@shinobinoz Said

Was not a pretty picture no doubt. The location & meeting was kept low keyed and the exit was because the snow was not yet removed from the other exit, not to mention to avoid the press.
Still..... should'a cleaned up the place.

Bulls***...

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0219/At-White-House-the-Dalai-Lama-sidesteps-trash
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#11New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 14:20:34
@PTF Said

The American people demand a President who will listen to the Chinese no matter what. They will vote accordingly come 2012!

Deleted

#12New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 14:41:25
@TheMuse Said

Bulls***...

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0219/At-White-House-the-Dalai-Lama-sidesteps-trash

From your own link.. You should really read the links you post as proof rather than just looking at the pictures.. but I don't think you're able.

"This just in from White House spokesman Tommy Vietor:

"You reported that the Dalai Lama left the White House out of the back door. That's just not accurate. He exited through the Palm Room doors. The Dalai Lama said he was pleased by the visit, and I assume he exited through the Palm Room doors because that's the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get to the stakeout location to speak with the press.""
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 16:45:27
of course china no likey.

They are murdering tyrannical s***heads.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 18:15:17
@boxerdc Said

From your own link.. You should really read the links you post as proof rather than just looking at the pictures.. but I don't think you're able.

"This just in from White House spokesman Tommy Vietor:

"You reported that the Dalai Lama left the White House out of the back door. That's just not accurate. He exited through the Palm Room doors. The Dalai Lama said he was pleased by the visit, and I assume he exited through the Palm Room doors because that's the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get to the stakeout location to speak with the press.""

Beat me to it!
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#15New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 19:57:13
@PTF Said

In other words this dude is doing the right thing ?
Learn to say when dude.

I'm not saying that at all. I have no idea what the repercussions of this visit will be in either the US or China.

What I had issue with is what you accused Obama of. Not listening, to China I'm assuming since there wasn't anyone else talking in that little bit you took out. The accusation is pointless at best.

I mean seriously? Not listening to China? The country that took over Tibet by force?

Furthermore, the meeting was explicitly stated to show support for the freedom of Tibet, something China in no way, shape, or form wants. Of course China would send diplomats to try and convince him otherwise.

That's like accusing Obama of not listening to diplomats from North Korea trying to convince him not to block North Korea's access to nuclear material.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs