The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Cuss like a sailor, but don,t speak your mind !!!!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
csj On January 18, 2009

Deleted

Beats me, Mexico
#1New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:29:00
It,s kinda stupid you can cuss like a sailor here, but speak out about something, or dissagree with someone , and you get banned, or whatever. But get on here where even minors can even post and cuss and say words that would make a sailor blush , ( Hey thats alright ). Something is a little screwed up here isn,t it...
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:30:43
@csj Said

It,s kinda stupid you can cuss like a sailor here, but speak out about something, or dissagree with someone , and you get banned, or whatever. But get on here where even minors can even post and cuss and say words that would make a sailor blush , ( Hey thats alright ). Something is a little screwed up here isn,t it...

Yeah .....
but who gives two you political correctness nazi!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:31:13
I disagree with people all the time and have never been banned
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#4New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:32:40
@csj Said

Wait one second
It takes some doing to get banned here?! what are you talkig about
i bet you were banned!
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#5New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:32:50
You don't get banned for disagreeing with someone

You get banned for ATTACKING people, INSULTING people, swearing AT people. But not for disagreeing with them.

And you signed up to it, whether you like it or not.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#6New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:33:58
@KulliK357 Said

Yeah .....
but who gives two you political correctness nazi!

Kullik, the absence of at least one comma, in your statement, that would provide some grammatical correctness to this expression, is enough to cause the hairs on my neck to stand up in disbelief!

P.S. My. my,.... I'd forgotten how lovely a vision our moderator is! Wow!
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#7New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:53:23
@csj Said

well you should have read the TOS dude.
I definitely talk like a sailor but have never been banned. I have spoken out against someone but I never attacked them, nor did I insult or degrade them. You have to realize that not everyone on this site is from the same country... people view things a bit differently depending on where they are from. People can express themselves as long as it's not at the cost of another member getting ridiculed or insulted or battered by onslaught of racial comments.
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#8New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 19:04:37
@Saegespaene Said

P.S. My. my,.... I'd forgotten how lovely a vision our moderator is! Wow!

Why thankyou
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#9New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 20:41:38
What the...i'm a sailor...i dont' curse that much...i don't think
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#10New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 23:58:40
@csj Said

I disagree with people here a lot, and I have never been banned, or received a warning from an op in any way.

From what I've observed here, most people get a long lead with their viewpoints & it takes a fair bit to get banned here. But some posters cannot bear to be disagreed with, and they see a different point of view as a personal vendetta against them. They just can't bite their tongue and say "Okay, well, I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion." They almost always get personal and say things like "f*** you man, you're an idiot." It turns into a bar-fight without the fists.

I guess it also depends on what you personally find offensive. There are plenty of other forums where flaming/baiting is commonplace; not only okay, but encouraged. I often wonder if some posters who get banned here have spent a lot of time on these types of sites, and just expect TFS to be the same. That is something I could understand.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#11New Post! Jan 18, 2009 @ 00:03:35
@aceuvclubs Said

What the...i'm a sailor...i dont' curse that much...i don't think

you turd,

this made me spill my milk through my nose dude.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#12New Post! Jan 18, 2009 @ 00:05:04
@JuanSmith Said

you turd,

this made me spill my milk through my nose dude.

I snorted when I read this.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs