Forums:
Politics

Current Political Issues

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jaynes On September 26, 2022

Brighton, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 15:44:15
i would like to ask what you think of the current political issues that are in the news at the moment.
including nhs, benefits, work experience for unemployed people

i know this is a very sensitive topic to ask at the moment
and would like your views on these.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 16:16:25
Oh I hate them all!

Well, the NHS thing doesn't effect me so tbh I don't have much of an opinion on it, but it seems very unpopular down south so I'm somewhat surprised the government are pushing through with it.

I'm opposed to the benefit cap as I don't really see how at a time when unemployment is increasing we can justify capping benefits.

Work experience for unemployed people I think is a good thing. I know there has been a lot of controversy over this, but imo if people have the ability to work then they should work. Ideally it would be working for actual pay, but I think unemployed people in any sort of work is better than not working at all. That's pretty much why I didn't get the opposition to the whole Tesco thing recently. There seems to be a bit of a problem in that it is financially beneficial for people not to work, which is sad and frustrating. Personally I would rather see people working and getting paid by the government through benefits than them not working and having benefits cut, which would be a negative thing at the moment imo. I have to admit I don't know the full ins and outs of this issue either though. Bit out of the loop at the moment.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs