#1New Post! May 28, 2011 @ 16:43:29
Why are they playing in Wales?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 28, 2011 @ 16:48:50
@SparklyKatie Said

Why are they playing in Wales?

'England' is actually England and Wales together, not just England on their own.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 28, 2011 @ 16:51:54
@jmo Said

'England' is actually England and Wales together, not just England on their own.

Oh right. I didn't know that, thanks.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#4New Post! May 28, 2011 @ 16:54:08
It's a bit weird that they never get referred to as 'England and Wales' really but that's why they play in Wales so often.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 19:32:28
@jmo Said

It's a bit weird that they never get referred to as 'England and Wales' really but that's why they play in Wales so often.

Playing in Wales is a recent development, in fact, the test against Sri Lanka is only the second occasion of England playing a test match there.

The first was the first test against Australia in the 2009 Ashes series, which finished a draw when Monty Panesar and James Anderson held out for 16 overs to deny Australia the last wicket which would have won the match and put the Aussies one up in the series.

If that was a thrilling finish to produce a draw, then Monday's finish, when England bowled Sri Lanka out in less than 25 overs to win a test that looked dead at lunchtime on the final day, trumped it.

Cricket...... boring, innit...?

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#6New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 20:14:53
I love cricket.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 03, 2011 @ 05:42:21
@jmo Said

I love cricket.

I rather gathered that. LOL. You and my dad would get on well. Get him started talking about cricket and he'll go on for hours (now you know where I get it from.. ).

I've just heard on the radio news that England's bowling attack for the start of the second test today is likely to be the tallest in test match history. Apparently, Stuart Broad at 6' 5" is the shortest of the 3 man pace attack. I have only one question:

Who compiles these stats..?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#8New Post! Jun 03, 2011 @ 08:51:25
The English cricket team must be shattered, seems like they have been playing non-stop for a year now and they have a fairly full summer of cricket ahead of them with India still to come.

At the same time there seems something personable and friendly about the English cricketers which other sports national teams seem to be lacking in.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 03, 2011 @ 10:57:59
Whenether someone brings up cricket this song plays in my head

Jacquesmetat On August 01, 2012

Out on the 'oggin, United King
#10New Post! Jun 21, 2011 @ 14:06:54
I had a thoroughly enjoyable day down at the Rose Bowl on Sunday, which was the only day of the match not spoiled by weather. My youngest daughter bought me a ticket for fathers day. She knows what her dad likes.

Its typical though that we have waited 130 years for a test match in Hampshire and it pisses down with rain. The england players would be shattered if they had to play for their counties between tests and ODIs but as they are all centrally contracted the likelihood of any of them turning out for their county this summer is pretty remote. I cant remember ever seeing Kevin Pietersen pick up a bat for Hampshire. The international players probably play fewer games in a summer than county players and winter tours are a nice little earner. Endless summer. what a way to earn a living.
last_wave_of_summer On May 06, 2023

Canberra, Australia
#11New Post! Jun 22, 2011 @ 16:44:43
@Jacquesmetat Said

I had a thoroughly enjoyable day down at the Rose Bowl on Sunday, which was the only day of the match not spoiled by weather. My youngest daughter bought me a ticket for fathers day. She knows what her dad likes.

Its typical though that we have waited 130 years for a test match in Hampshire and it pisses down with rain. The england players would be shattered if they had to play for their counties between tests and ODIs but as they are all centrally contracted the likelihood of any of them turning out for their county this summer is pretty remote. I cant remember ever seeing

KP and Warnie played together at Hampshire, how they became mates, Think Warne might have played with Tremlett there as well.

Less and less players are playing for their states or countys these days. Cricket shecdule is that packed with internatinoal games it just dose'nt happen anymore, its also why the tour games agaisnt those sides from visting nations have almost stopped.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#12New Post! Jun 22, 2011 @ 16:46:21
i don't really follow cricket.
All i know is that i should support the West Indies despite how much they suck.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs