Creationism In Science Lessons

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 · >>
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#226New Post! Dec 11, 2009 @ 13:32:25
Equine homosexuality is not something I object to!
Katie does not make idle talk,you should restrain your tongue when you deal with her. She could have you banned!
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#227New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 08:26:57
@buffalobill90 Said

The word "dogma" doesn't appear in scripture, but the scriptures contain established dogma. Likewise, the word "Bible" doesn't appear in scripture either; but that is the name which has be applied to the disparate group of books which the early Church slapped together for their political convenience.

Please refer to this 'established dogma'.

And remember that nothing was established before the Word of God.

Regarding your second false assumption, check the front cover.

God bless you.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#228New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 08:26:57
@buffalobill90 Said

The word "dogma" doesn't appear in scripture, but the scriptures contain established dogma. Likewise, the word "Bible" doesn't appear in scripture either; but that is the name which has be applied to the disparate group of books which the early Church slapped together for their political convenience.

God bless you.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#229New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 08:32:19
@buffalobill90 Said

Skin colour and heritage are meaningless and archaic reasons to arbitrarily group people into races. Everyone has a unique appearance, everyone has a different recent heritage - and everyone has the same ancient heritage. As for culture, that is artificial and has nothing to do with race; though many people develop cultures according to the perception that they belong to a distinct race, which is a myth.

Celebrate all the good that the belief in race gives us? What good has it ever done? All it does is divide people.

A True humanist. How sweet.

I actually agree with much of what you've said, yet the Truth of the matter is, within the set known as the human race there are many subsets.

God bless you.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#230New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 08:35:01
@KAMPA Said

Equine homosexuality is not something I object to!
Katie does not make idle talk,you should restrain your tongue when you deal with her. She could have you banned!

You may not consciously object to it, yet in your swipe at my telling MarcusSextus that I love him, you reveal the damage that social acceptance of homosexual conduct does at a collective, sub-conscious level.

God bless you.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#231New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 11:04:26
@aquine Said

God bless you.

Was the front cover of the Bible written by any of the authors of the books in the Bible?

The Bible contains many doctrines which have been established by Christian institutions as dogma. For example, the assumption that Jesus is the son of God.
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#232New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 11:05:16
@aquine Said

A True humanist. How sweet.

I actually agree with much of what you've said, yet the Truth of the matter is, within the set known as the human race there are many subsets.

God bless you.

"Subsets". Such as?
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#233New Post! Dec 13, 2009 @ 04:15:00
@buffalobill90 Said

"Subsets". Such as?

Caucasian. Asian. Eurasian. Negro.

God bless you.
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#234New Post! Dec 13, 2009 @ 12:55:23
@aquine Said

Caucasian. Asian. Eurasian. Negro.

God bless you.

Caucasian? People from the Caucasus, i.e. Armenia, Georgia etc. you mean? And Eurasia is a superstate in Orwell's 1984.

How do you distinguish and categorise people into these subsets? What decides it?
TheRealSimmonds On December 11, 2010

, United Kingdom
#235New Post! Dec 13, 2009 @ 14:00:57
I think this explains it:
https://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/TheRealSimmonds/?action=view&current=Stickman.jpg
I hope it helps.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#236New Post! Dec 14, 2009 @ 00:45:34
@Marcussextus Said

I agree, it's just plain silly, PC madness, to deny the existence of race, in the general sense that is most commonly understood.
We accept different "breeds" in horses, dogs, cats, etc, and happily accept the relationship between lions and tigers, and other similar related groups of life.
So what makes US any different?
Bears are pure white, and HUGE, in the Arctic, brown, black, and brindled in the USA, different colours and patterns elsewhere. Human's are much the same, we variegated across the planet.
So what?
Same animal, different hide, different mating rituals, big deal.

@buffalobill90 Said

Skin colour and heritage are meaningless and archaic reasons to arbitrarily group people into races. Everyone has a unique appearance, everyone has a different recent heritage - and everyone has the same ancient heritage. As for culture, that is artificial and has nothing to do with race; though many people develop cultures according to the perception that they belong to a distinct race, which is a myth.

Celebrate all the good that the belief in race gives us? What good has it ever done? All it does is divide people.

Nice ideal, and while technically correct, you ignore human feelings about culture and identity at your peril, history has proven that time after time.
Care to respond to my post above?