Web Design & Coding

Create A Website

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 03:50:59
How do I go about creating my own website? Something where I can make money for selling things or speak my mind or something?
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#2New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 04:03:53
webs . com may work. no spaces though.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#3New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 08:41:23
@Cpat92 Said

How do I go about creating my own website? Something where I can make money for selling things or speak my mind or something?

First, make up your mind. Business, or blogging?

If you just want to post your thoughts and let them hang out in the open breeze of cyberspace, there are plenty of free places to do that.

If you are wanting to do business, you first need to have an idea about what you want to be selling, and then come up with a desired name for your web-site. With that name, you can then enlist the aid of a hosting provider, such as Go Daddy,... or, if you are savvy, and can set up your own dedicated server(s), you can just make them a part of your own network. Either way, it will cost you some monthly charges, either for a internet service provider, or a hosting provider, or both.

P.S. -- If you ask how much will that cost, you can't afford it.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#4New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:26:44
@Cpat92 Said

I hear commercials for wix.com on the radio. It's supposed to be fairly simple and it's free. Of course there may be a catch, maybe allow advertisers to place ads on your site, but I'm not sure.
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:20:32
000webhost is good.

Easiest option I would say is to install Wordpress. I dont mean the one click set up at the Wordpress site, this is a blog and nothing else.

If you do a Wordpress installation on your own domain (either manually or auto installer), you can easily create decent websites and you can also tweak it to do what you want if you want to advance your skills.
Grrrl On June 01, 2014

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 21, 2013 @ 15:44:29
I use Square Space , it's a bit more expensive than a lot of other platforms, but it gives you everything in one place (domain name, hosting, page design), you don't need to know any code to be able to use it, you can use it to sell through (although not on every account type), keep a blog, photo galleries, RSS feeds, most standard website stuff.

Personally I'm a big fan, it's really easy to make something glossy and professional looking they have excellent technical support who answer e-mails lightning quick.

Only drawback I would say is that wordpress sites do tend to appear more highly on Google search pages and as I mentioned it might not be the cheapest option.
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 21, 2013 @ 16:18:48
@Grrrl Said

I use Square Space , it's a bit more expensive than a lot of other platforms, but it gives you everything in one place (domain name, hosting, page design), you don't need to know any code to be able to use it, you can use it to sell through (although not on every account type), keep a blog, photo galleries, RSS feeds, most standard website stuff.

Personally I'm a big fan, it's really easy to make something glossy and professional looking they have excellent technical support who answer e-mails lightning quick.

Only drawback I would say is that wordpress sites do tend to appear more highly on Google search pages and as I mentioned it might not be the cheapest option.

Just looked at it, I just prefer renting a domain and space. Long as I have PHP and SQL Im sorted.

But I am geeky when it comes to computers, networking and web systems. Oh and Telecomms, satellites and fibre optics turn me on.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs