Undisciplined Rabble

Covfefe

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 05:55:20
The rate this is going, it's only a matter of time before this word no longer gets autocorrected on iOS and graduates to a Webster entry.

Then Trump can truly say that he invented a term.

Trump knows exactly what he said. Indeed.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 09:11:51
When I first saw about this, I thought he was trying to say Coffee, I then saw the context of the "typo" and realised it can't be!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 11:55:18
I think Hillary was on to something when she said it was a secret, coded message to the Russians.

So now, the next bad thing that happens was probably triggered by "Covfefe"

Rosebud
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:15:35
Sigh...

As much as I am not a fan of Trump, is it really that big a deal? Politicians make typos. Twitter gets hiccups.

Who really cares?

There are actual, real things Trump related that should be getting actual, real media attention.

But let's intensively audit his f***ing Twitter feed instead and focus on mistakes that really don't mean anything. Actually, here's a correct usage of "literally," this literally didn't mean anything.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 13:25:49
@Eaglebauer Said

Sigh...

As much as I am not a fan of Trump, is it really that big a deal? Politicians make typos. Twitter gets hiccups.

Who really cares?

There are actual, real things Trump related that should be getting actual, real media attention.

But let's intensively audit his f***ing Twitter feed instead and focus on mistakes that really don't mean anything. Actually, here's a correct usage of "literally," this literally didn't mean anything.

Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 14:03:40
@Leon Said

Not a rant on you, more at the media at large.

I just think there's too much misdirection and misplaced focus in general in the media on both sides of the political spectrum and a lot of times it ends up hindering actual progress or keeping things more needing of attention from the spotlight.

It's always been fashionable to make fun of the president, especially one on the right, and I get that. Left leaning presidents and their employees often get a total pass on typos and misspellings and glaring errors in public comments and why?

Not just because of media favor, but because conservatives are too busy focusing on the actual issues they disagree with and policies they see as wrong.

No one ever hears about the fact that Obama's own Communications Advisor dropped an N-word in a Tweet in 2013...you want to talk about a huge mistake that would have been plastered all over everything in the world if it had been a republican mistake?

(Yeah, that happened... https://gawker.com/obamas-communications-advisor-makes-worst-twitter-typo-1442443556 )

But the conservatives largely didn't say much because...it was a mistake. It wasn't a big deal, really. And there were more pressing things in their opinion to talk about.

I'm a centrist for the most part, but there is a tendency on the left that I lean away from to nit-pick every little minor thing about an opponent and in the end it's detrimental to any valid issues they may have with a political opponent.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:11:16
@Eaglebauer Said

I just think there's too much misdirection and misplaced focus in general in the media on both sides of the political spectrum and a lot of times it ends up hindering actual progress or keeping things more needing of attention from the spotlight.

It's always been fashionable to make fun of the president, especially one on the right, and I get that. Left leaning presidents and their employees often get a total pass on typos and misspellings and glaring errors in public comments and why?

Not just because of media favor, but because conservatives are too busy focusing on the actual issues they disagree with and policies they see as wrong.

No one ever hears about the fact that Obama's own Communications Advisor dropped an N-word in a Tweet in 2013...you want to talk about a huge mistake that would have been plastered all over everything in the world if it had been a republican mistake?

(Yeah, that happened... https://gawker.com/obamas-communications-advisor-makes-worst-twitter-typo-1442443556 )

But the conservatives largely didn't say much because...it was a mistake. It wasn't a big deal, really. And there were more pressing things in their opinion to talk about.

I'm a centrist for the most part, but there is a tendency on the left that I lean away from to nit-pick every little minor thing about an opponent and in the end it's detrimental to any valid issues they may have with a political opponent.

Probably right.

But, still .... covfefe.

How can you not find humor in that word?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:25:13
And duuuude...what happened to my 80's punk comrade?

Going all about on his anti-liberal rant.

Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:29:52
@Leon Said

Not anti-liberal...just critical of things that dilute helpful discourse! It's actually pro-both parties.

And Covfefe sounds like something a Welshman would say when he catches himself in his fly.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:31:46
@Leon Said

And as an aside, I was in an online forum years and years ago...before my time on TFS...and there was a thread about what it meant to be a punk. I compiled a ten item list with my tongue in my cheek and item 1 was "Unless you're Johnny Ramone, hate Ronald Reagan."
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:34:01
@Eaglebauer Said

And as an aside, I was in an online forum years and years ago...before my time on TFS...and there was a thread about what it meant to be a punk. I compiled a ten item list with my tongue in my cheek and item 1 was "Unless you're Johnny Ramone, hate Ronald Reagan."

I was just thinking the other day that we are ripe for a punk revival. Trump may very well do for it what Reagan did for the first wave.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:34:07
@Eaglebauer Said

And in like - not at you -

The more important things to talk about like trying to repeal Obamacare (the big f'n deal) for the 134th time, or another investigation on Benghazi, or E-mails and e-mail servers, or who is leaking the information that TeamTrump is sleeping with the enemy....

I agree that the media often seizes on the wrong things, but that's the crap that the American public wants to consume.

Covfefe is just a humorous side-bar. This will fade with the Next Big Thing ... Spicer farting into an open mic, a gnat that won't leave Sessions alone, Ivanka walking out of the bathroom with TP stuck on her heel ....
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 15:35:26
@mrmhead Said

Spicer farting into an open mic

It doesn't have much of a beat but you can dance to it.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#14New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 20:18:49
@Eaglebauer Said

Politicians make typos.

Spicer and Conway said it wasn't a typo.

According to Spicer certain limited number of people know what it means.

According to Conway it was a reference to an Islamic Republic responsible for the Bowling Green incident.

Personally I think it was a typo and that Spicer & Conway are idiots.

Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Jun 01, 2017 @ 20:20:07
@chaski Said

Spicer and Conway said it wasn't a typo.

According to Spicer certain limited number of people know what it means.

According to Conway it was a reference to an Islamic Republic responsible for the Bowling Green incident.

Personally I think it was a typo and that Spicer & Conway are idiots.

I tend to agree.

Again..sigh....for different reasons this time.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs