The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Court records say George Zimmerman had multiple injuries after Trayvon Martin's fatal shooting

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#31New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 16:49:34
@DorkySupergirl Said

Please reread my posts and you will see I stated its important to know if what the arriving peace officers and/or paramedics noted and observed about any injuries is consistent with what was observed the following day.

I stated the report about what if any injuries the paramedics and/or arriving peace officers noted was not released so all we know at this point is what was released and that was information observed the next day. Because it was observed the next day, I am stating what impact this has or could have and what this does or does not prove and what arguments can be raised as a result.

So again;

1. His injuries do not prove he started the altercation
2. His injuries do not prove Martin started the altercation

This report only concludes that when Zimmerman went to the doctor the next day, he had injuries. How and why he got them is not 100% conclusive at this point only going by what was observed the following day.

It can't be proven only with this report he had no choice to use deadly force. It does not mean there were or were not injuries at the scene. Again, I am only stating what this one piece of evidence means and what it proves and does not prove.

EXACTLY my friend!!!
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#32New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 17:01:18
@Spinkiegirl Said

EXACTLY my friend!!!

Thank you. I meant to quote you about Zimmerman and the medication you mentioned but quoted the wrong post by you, sorry.

Zimmerman was on:

Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.

All this information about these drugs, I obtained from wiki

Adderall:

Adderall is a brand name of amphetamine salts-based medication used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy,[1] legal only in the United States and Canada

Adderall directly affects the mesolimbic reward pathway in the brain. Amphetamine salts preparations are considered to have high abuse potential, and it is classified as Schedule II by the US DEA

Other potential side effects in adults include insomnia, headaches, increased muscle tension, irritability, and anxiety.[15]

Prolonged high doses of amphetamines followed by an abrupt cessation can result in extreme fatigue, insomnia, irritability, and mental depression. Chronic abuse of amphetamines can result in the manifestation of amphetamine psychosis.[2]

Temazepam:

Temazepam is approved for the short-term treatment of insomnia. In addition, temazepam has anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.[1][2][

Side effects typical of hypnotic benzodiazepines are related to CNS depression, and include somnolence, dizziness, fatigue, ataxia, headache, lethargy, impairment of memory and learning, longer reaction time and impairment of motor functions (including coordination problems),[13] slurred speech, decreased physical performance, numbed emotions, reduced alertness, muscle weakness, blurred vision (in higher doses), and inattention. Euphoria was rarely reported with the use of temazepam. According to the FDA, temazepam had an incidence of euphoria of 1.5%, much more rarely reported than headaches and diarrhea.[12] Anterograde amnesia may also develop, as may respiratory depression in higher doses.

Hyperhydrosis, hypotension, burning eyes, changes in libido, hallucinations, faintness, nystagmus, vomiting, pruritus, gastrointestinal disturbances, nightmares, palpitation and paradoxical reactions including restlessness, aggression, violence, overstimulation and agitation have been reported, but are rare (less than 0.5%).

Before taking temazepam, one should ensure that at least 8 hours are available to dedicate to sleep. Failing to do so can increase the side effects of the drug.

The use of this drug in combination with alcohol potentiates the side effects, and can lead to toxicity and death.

Though rare, residual "hangover" effects after nighttime administration of temazepam such as sleepiness, impaired psychomotor and cognitive functions may persist into the next day, which may impair the ability of users to drive safely or may increase the risks of falls and hip fractures.[14]

So to sum this all up, we have a man who appears to have some sort of mental health issues and is on medication for this and he is walking around with a gun! Awesome!

A man on medication that can cause one to become aggressive, impair their cognitive functioning, cause them to be violent and have agitation and he is walking around with a gun. Wow!

Chicago, Illinois
#33New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 17:58:05
@DorkySupergirl Said

Thank you. I meant to quote you about Zimmerman and the medication you mentioned but quoted the wrong post by you, sorry.

Zimmerman was on:

Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.

Adderall:

Adderall is a brand name of amphetamine salts-based medication used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy,[1] legal only in the United States and Canada

Adderall directly affects the mesolimbic reward pathway in the brain. Amphetamine salts preparations are considered to have high abuse potential, and it is classified as Schedule II by the US DEA

Other potential side effects in adults include insomnia, headaches, increased muscle tension, irritability, and anxiety.[15]

Prolonged high doses of amphetamines followed by an abrupt cessation can result in extreme fatigue, insomnia, irritability, and mental depression. Chronic abuse of amphetamines can result in the manifestation of amphetamine psychosis.[2]

Temazepam:

Temazepam is approved for the short-term treatment of insomnia. In addition, temazepam has anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.[1][2][

Side effects typical of hypnotic benzodiazepines are related to CNS depression, and include somnolence, dizziness, fatigue, ataxia, headache, lethargy, impairment of memory and learning, longer reaction time and impairment of motor functions (including coordination problems),[13] slurred speech, decreased physical performance, numbed emotions, reduced alertness, muscle weakness, blurred vision (in higher doses), and inattention. Euphoria was rarely reported with the use of temazepam. According to the FDA, temazepam had an incidence of euphoria of 1.5%, much more rarely reported than headaches and diarrhea.[12] Anterograde amnesia may also develop, as may respiratory depression in higher doses.

Hyperhydrosis, hypotension, burning eyes, changes in libido, hallucinations, faintness, nystagmus, vomiting, pruritus, gastrointestinal disturbances, nightmares, palpitation and paradoxical reactions including restlessness, aggression, violence, overstimulation and agitation have been reported, but are rare (less than 0.5%).

Before taking temazepam, one should ensure that at least 8 hours are available to dedicate to sleep. Failing to do so can increase the side effects of the drug.

The use of this drug in combination with alcohol potentiates the side effects, and can lead to toxicity and death.

Though rare, residual "hangover" effects after nighttime administration of temazepam such as sleepiness, impaired psychomotor and cognitive functions may persist into the next day, which may impair the ability of users to drive safely or may increase the risks of falls and hip fractures.[14]

So to sum this all up, we have a man who appears to have some sort of mental health issues and is on medication for this and he is walking around with a gun! Awesome!

A man on medication that can cause one to become aggressive, impair their cognitive functioning, cause them to be violent and have agitation and he is walking around with a gun. Wow!

No, no......no problem....I understand, and I have looked at what you posted and feel the same. You bring up some good points. And this latest info....still doesn't mean this guy is off the hook. You know there's got to be IMO, less media coverage and more justice!

, Canada
#34New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 18:04:43
@Spinkiegirl Said

No, no......no problem....I understand, and I have looked at what you posted and feel the same. You bring up some good points. And this latest info....still doesn't mean this guy is off the hook. You know there's got to be IMO, less media coverage and more justice!

I just find it really concerning that someone with these issues and on those medications with those possible side effects was able to walk around with a concealed weapons permit. It actually really scares me.

Chicago, Illinois
#35New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 18:11:28
@DorkySupergirl Said

Zimmerman was on:

Adderall:

Temazepam:

Yes, what I found on the net and what i've known about this type of medication........it makes a little sense. And why didn't officers at scene, test for anything?

Chicago, Illinois
#36New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 18:15:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

I just find it really concerning that someone with these issues and on those medications with those possible side effects was able to walk around with a concealed weapons permit. It actually really scares me.

See, that's what I was thinking....WHY???? He was issued a gun "permit" after he had been sited with not one, but two restraining orders? He saw a "family" physician the next day after the shooting? Something doesn't smell right to me!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#37New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 18:15:46
@DorkySupergirl Said

Zimmerman was on:

Adderall:

Temazepam:

, Canada
#38New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 18:27:07
@Spinkiegirl Said

Yes, what I found on the net and what i've known about this type of medication........it makes a little sense. And why didn't officers at scene, test for anything?

Do you want my honest answer, what I feel in my gut. I think because Martin was black and the shooter a least looked white, his story was believed. I think and truly feel and if the shooter was black and the vic looked white, it would be a whole different story.

Chicago, Illinois
#39New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 19:29:49
@DorkySupergirl Said

Do you want my honest answer, what I feel in my gut. I think because Martin was black and the shooter a least looked white, his story was believed. I think and truly feel and if the shooter was black and the vic looked white, it would be a whole different story.

I'am so sad, because I can't say I disagree to some extent....I mean there's just too much that doesn't add up for me! This man seemed to have gotten away with some things in his past, and they were things that shouldn't have been overlooked! And also, what you said is NOT that unusual here in America where race relations aren't would they should be. There was an innocent life lost here, and now a man awaits for our justice system to decide his fate!
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#40New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 20:51:33
@Spinkiegirl Said

See, that's what I was thinking....WHY???? He was issued a gun "permit" after he had been sited with not one, but two restraining orders? He saw a "family" physician the next day after the shooting? Something doesn't smell right to me!!!

Zimmerman has connections in the Sanford police department.

https://rollingout.com/culture/robert-zimmerman-defends-his-son-george-in-open-letter/
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#41New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 21:57:33
Okay, before we all decide to tar and feather someone we should really take a look at a few things.

First off, just a thought, not all crimes against black people are racially motivated. Many people have acted like this is a race crime or a hate crime. There's no hard proof of that. There isn't really. Just a lot of speculation.

So let's take that into mind. This could have squat to do with race. We can try to make it about race. Some already have. But it could just happen to have been a man of mixed hispanic ethnicity getting into an altercation with a man of black ethnicity that resulted in the very unfortunate death of one of them. Just because Martin is black and Zimmerman is not, does not necessarily make this a racially motivated crime.

Regarding his injuries, black eyes can take from 3 to 24 to 48 hours to show up. If he inflicted them upon himself the next day, they probably would not have been present. So to accuse him of injuring himself is really not a fair statement.

A closed fracture of the nose can range in severity. If it was a less severe, or less noticeable break, the EMT's were probably distracted by the documented gash on the back of his head.

Now as to Martin's injuries on his knuckles, I think it does prove an altercation. There are no reports of knuckle or hand injuries on Zimmerman, so it is likely that Martin started the actual physical confrontation. It's gotta go one of two ways. Gun drawn, fists thrown. Gun not drawn, fists thrown. Logically if someone pulls a gun on you, are you going to try to use your fists against them? I know I'm not. Their gun is faster than my fist. It may be that Zimmerman had even tucked his gun away in his pocket. We have no proof of Zimmerman being the aggressor.

It amazes me how quick we are to jump on Zimmerman. He could very well be guilty. He could very well be innocent. But I do know one thing. We are in the US - innocent until proven guilty.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#42New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 22:04:57
Any injuries inflicted on Zimmerman by Martin should be stricken from evidence anyway as Martin was merely standing his ground, if he attacked Zimmerman at all. Unless black kids aren't allowed to defend themselves against doped-up-psycho-cop-wannabes who stalk them in the middle of the night.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#43New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 22:08:40
@thequietman Said

Any injuries inflicted on Zimmerman by Martin should be stricken from evidence anyway as Martin was merely standing his ground, if he attacked Zimmerman at all. Unless black kids aren't allowed to defend themselves against doped-up-psycho-cop-wannabes who stalk them in the middle of the night.

Devil's advocate time.

Please provide some evidence of "doped up" and "psycho". I don't necessarily agree with your "wanna be cop" but that one could go either way depending on how he is personally. I don't know him personally. I'm betting you don't either.

Chicago, Illinois
#44New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 22:12:54
@LuckyCharms Said

Okay, before we all decide to tar and feather someone we should really take a look at a few things.

First off, just a thought, not all crimes against black people are racially motivated. Many people have acted like this is a race crime or a hate crime. There's no hard proof of that. There isn't really. Just a lot of speculation.

So let's take that into mind. This could have squat to do with race. We can try to make it about race. Some already have. But it could just happen to have been a man of mixed hispanic ethnicity getting into an altercation with a man of black ethnicity that resulted in the very unfortunate death of one of them. Just because Martin is black and Zimmerman is not, does not necessarily make this a racially motivated crime.

Regarding his injuries, black eyes can take from 3 to 24 to 48 hours to show up. If he inflicted them upon himself the next day, they probably would not have been present. So to accuse him of injuring himself is really not a fair statement.

A closed fracture of the nose can range in severity. If it was a less severe, or less noticeable break, the EMT's were probably distracted by the documented gash on the back of his head.

Now as to Martin's injuries on his knuckles, I think it does prove an altercation. There are no reports of knuckle or hand injuries on Zimmerman, so it is likely that Martin started the actual physical confrontation. It's gotta go one of two ways. Gun drawn, fists thrown. Gun not drawn, fists thrown. Logically if someone pulls a gun on you, are you going to try to use your fists against them? I know I'm not. Their gun is faster than my fist. It may be that Zimmerman had even tucked his gun away in his pocket. We have no proof of Zimmerman being the aggressor.

It amazes me how quick we are to jump on Zimmerman. He could very well be guilty. He could very well be innocent. But I do know one thing. We are in the US - innocent until proven guilty.

You know what? You do bring up some really good points here!
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#45New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 22:27:48
@LuckyCharms Said

Devil's advocate time.

Please provide some evidence of "doped up" and "psycho". I don't necessarily agree with your "wanna be cop" but that one could go either way depending on how he is personally. I don't know him personally. I'm betting you don't either.

He did have a degree in criminal justice. link if you would like.

He did not have any stitches in his head. He Claims that he fired after his head was being pounded into a cement sidewalk. Not much damage to his head from this claim.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs