Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#1New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 04:00:25
If you had a friend who had been depressed for awhile and you tried to help them out, yet nothing helped, so you just waited for them to come to you. One day you meet up with them for lunch and they seem to be happy and in such high spirits....

They buy you drinks and make a cheer, A toast to friends and being there for each other...they say I hope you will do me a favour as my friend...You say okay sure and then they ask you...

I want you to be with me when I kill myself, I want you to be there holding my hand, I want you to be the last person I see..

Tell me could you do it? Could you let your friend kill themselves?
Would you walk away from them?
They say they are going to do it whether you are there or not. They just wanted you to be there.

Tell me what would you do?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 04:37:58
@EoWyN Said

If you had a friend who had been depressed for awhile and you tried to help them out, yet nothing helped, so you just waited for them to come to you. One day you meet up with them for lunch and they seem to be happy and in such high spirits....

They buy you drinks and make a cheer, A toast to friends and being there for each other...they say I hope you will do me a favour as my friend...You say okay sure and then they ask you...

I want you to be with me when I kill myself, I want you to be there holding my hand, I want you to be the last person I see..

They say they are going to do it whether you are there or not. They just wanted you to be there.

Well, I would definitely try to talk them out of it first. If that doesn't work, I will beg and plead with them to not do and try to explain that there is a lot more to look forward to in life.

My last option would be for me to stall them from killing themselves, while I have another friend call the police to come help me stop this person.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 11:02:31
I would point them in the direction of someone who could give them the professional help they need.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 11:40:09
@EoWyN Said

I try not to be any where around freshly murdered bodies very often.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#5New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 13:48:23
Depending on how serious their talk was, I would either take them to a professional or call 9-1-1.

Things like this are quite hard. Most of us are not trained professionals and sometimes, people need a trained professional and we can end up making it worse not knowing exactly what to say or do.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 13:57:24
First off, if I knew she was a depressed person I would never agree to anything until I knew what they wanted.

Secondly, I would not agree to hold anyone's hand while they commit the suicide, friend or not.

Thirdly, I would firmly tell that friend that we were going to the hospital for a psychiatric assessment, and I would hold their hand there and only there.

Asking someone to do this has nothing to do with being friends, it's about crying out for help if you read between the request lines. They are telling you what's on their minds and putting the ball in your court.

If after suggesting help, an ear, your friend still insists on committing suicide there is nothing you can do except make the decision on whether you will be there with her as she does it or not.

Personally, I would never sit with someone who I knew was committing suicide, but that's just me and what I would do or not do.

I would take this conversation as a HUGE RED FLAG and proceed accordingly..

Edited for typos...
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 14:13:48
@DorkySupergirl Said

Depending on how serious their talk was, I would either take them to a professional or call 9-1-1.

Things like this are quite hard. Most of us are not trained professionals and sometimes, people need a trained professional and we can end up making it worse not knowing exactly what to say or do.

This ^^^
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 14:24:59
Oh, and looking at the big picture, you have to also think of the legal implications.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#9New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 14:27:53

This is accessory to murder.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 14:35:30
Only if they were in the end stages of being terminally ill.

Otherwise, no, they have not explored all the options. I won't hold their hand while they give up.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#11New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 14:47:46
Hell no, I'm not going to prison because my "friend" can't deal with reality. What a douche bag friend!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 18:43:13
@magically_delicious Said

Hell no, I'm not going to prison because my "friend" can't deal with reality. What a douche bag friend!

That's why you immediately call the cops or stall your friend while another friend calls the cops.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#13New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 21:59:00
@LuckyCharms Said

Only if they were in the end stages of being terminally ill.

Otherwise, no, they have not explored all the options. I won't hold their hand while they give up.

I'm glad you brought this up. I was going to post that if someone I loved and cared about was terminally ill and they wanted to go with grace and dignity, if it were legal, I think I would be able to help them do that. At least, I would like to think I would be strong enough to help them do that.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#14New Post! Jun 23, 2013 @ 23:34:23
No
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Jun 24, 2013 @ 01:38:14
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply