Forums:
Q & A

Could you Agree to Disagree??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#1New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:24:04
If your in an argument with someone whether its in the real world or on line could you agree to disagree if neither of you are going to back down.

Or are you someone who will stick to your guns and not back down and fight that you are right until the other person either backs down or agrees?

Or you could be someone who says there bit and if the other person doesnt agree you cracks the s***s and just thinks the other person is a complete moron because they dont see your way?

So can you agree to disagree???
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#2New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:29:16
@scardycat Said

If your in an argument with someone whether its in the real world or on line could you agree to disagree if neither of you are going to back down.

Or are you someone who will stick to your guns and not back down and fight that you are right until the other person either backs down or agrees?

Or you could be someone who says there bit and if the other person doesnt agree you cracks the s***s and just thinks the other person is a complete moron because they dont see your way?

I just block the dumb bastards.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:30:46
@scardycat Said

these days i like to go one further than that ...after a prolonged discussion that ends in deadlock ...i'll then say ... 'lets compromise... we'll say you're right and i'm wrong !' ... to me ,it's enough to know i'm right ...it's their problem if they can't admit they're wrong ... in the end it's really not that important ..it just comes down to dumb pride in the end .
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 13:24:58
Of course. You can learn a lot from understanding the other point of view, even if you don't actually agree with it. I wouldn't be able to do my degree if I didn't accept other viewpoints and treat them with the respect that they're due. It's a bit childish to act otherwise imo.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#5New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 14:32:46
I prefer the BDB system. (Block the Dumb Bastards). Why, you ask? Because I cannot pretend to listen and give a s*** to crap I don't agree with. When you do that, You are just encouraging the SOB's to keep talking when you clearly just want them to STFU and go away. And, it works as a stress reliever.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#6New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 14:34:20
@hoppy Said

I prefer the BDB system. (Block the Dumb Bastards). Why, you ask? Because I cannot pretend to listen and give a s*** to crap I don't agree with. When you do that, You are just encouraging the SOB's to keep talking when you clearly just want them to STFU and go away. And, it works as a stress reliever.

If shino responds to this, don't tell me. I got him on block.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 14:43:26
I'm guessing Hoppy has some people on block.

Yes I have and do 'agree to disagree'. It's pretty much a must for some things. Especially at work.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#8New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 14:49:57
@hoppy Said

Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#9New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 16:07:51
@scardycat Said

If it is factual, there is no agreement or disagreement, there is only the fact. IE, we cannot agree to disagree that the sun is shining on us at a particular moment if it is midnight. The fact is false thus it is impossible to have two "perspectives". In certain situations, there is only one truth.

When the subject matter is opinion, then we can agree to disagree. An example being if the water in the swimming pool is cold. It may be comfortable to me, but too cold for you, thus we can agree to disagree simply based on the fact that the temperature selection and comfort level is based on personal preference and predilection.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#10New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 16:17:05
Yes, I can agree to disagree, but I would rather hunt them down and shoot them in the knee caps.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#11New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 17:05:29
I think this is the only mindset people should have in RL and on the net. Agree to Disagree is the only answer at times and more people should learn to get to that point more often in my opinion.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#12New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 17:05:53
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Yes, I can agree to disagree, but I would rather hunt them down and shoot them in the knee caps.

raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#13New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 17:29:57
"Looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree."

Internet speak for this is now boring. lol
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#14New Post! Jun 30, 2012 @ 17:45:47
@sister_of_mercy Said

Of course. You can learn a lot from understanding the other point of view, even if you don't actually agree with it. I wouldn't be able to do my degree if I didn't accept other viewpoints and treat them with the respect that they're due. It's a bit childish to act otherwise imo.

I agree. I find it more valuable to try and learn from the other than to be so focused on I am right and you are wrong. Even if no one changes their opinion, you can always learn something from the opposite viewpoint.

I find it hard at times, if someone is really disrespectful to try to still be respectful. But until the other person is really disrespectful, I try my best to be respectful, even if we disagree and not make it personal.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs