AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#16New Post! Feb 22, 2011 @ 22:30:02
@DiscordTiger Said

Its social yes, I'm not really sure its so much with the networking.

I just see forums as different that sites like facebook myspace and the others. As the interaction is more about the topic of the forum, than the connections people make. The action on profiles here is secondary to the action of the topic discussions. TFS is just more varied in the subjects as it has a little bit of everything, that some forums that are about one or two subjects.

Relationships and connections still form, its just not the point. You can get by just fine at TFS by never updating your profile, never adding friends, personal information, pictures or blogs (journals).

That (which I've bolded) is exactly what's so appealing to me. I hate having to mess with stuff like that. People get to know me just fine (I think) without having to read my background or see pictures of things that I like. It's almost like talking to people in person...you don't go around and hand out a pamphlet listing all of your 'favorites' and your resume... People have to work for their information.

Now, of course, I've probably just made a case for why it isn't a social networking site. I'd have to say that it is one, even though that's not it's primary function.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#17New Post! Feb 22, 2011 @ 22:33:14
I actually enjoy being on TFS ,it's a window to other peoples worlds,we get to discuss world event's,family problems and give advice if it helps.

Argue,spit,curse and bang our heads over Politics and Religion and other issues,but even in our own families we do that.

Like it say's in my profile I enjoy a good laugh and I've always tried to have a laugh with people,but I'd rather be remembered for that than being a Miserable bastard and moaning and groaning about anything and everything.

My analogy of life?" I'm on this earth for a good time,not a long time".People who enjoy life live on in memories,miserable people wither and fade away.

Social networking?,Yeah I'll agree,we don't always see eye to eye,but that's life.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#18New Post! Feb 22, 2011 @ 22:40:34
@someone_else Said

That (which I've bolded) is exactly what's so appealing to me. I hate having to mess with stuff like that. People get to know me just fine (I think) without having to read my background or see pictures of things that I like. It's almost like talking to people in person...you don't go around and hand out a pamphlet listing all of your 'favorites' and your resume... People have to work for their information.

Now, of course, I've probably just made a case for why it isn't a social networking site. I'd have to say that it is one, even though that's not it's primary function.

Yes, I don't really care for the collecting of friends and comments stuff here. I've done it and certainly don't begrudge anyone that does, I just see posting in the forum as the main point. The other things are just like icing on the cake.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#19New Post! Feb 22, 2011 @ 22:49:26
well, we're members of society and we're networking on a site so yep
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#20New Post! Feb 22, 2011 @ 23:25:58
I guess it is but it promotes networking more than the others. Most of the others are not made to be interactive, they're more for people to look at you and maybe 'friend' you. This one is more conversation based.
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#21New Post! Feb 25, 2011 @ 20:12:34
heck yes it is, only not as private as facebook.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs