The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Paranormal

Could I have some help from folk please?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:21:30
From non-believers too if you like...

I'm doing my own little project to determine as to what ghosts are and what people feel around them, I want to throw a few questions at you all and see what your own unique idea is as to what you believe a ghost to be like?

So my questions to you are...

-What do you personally believe is a ghost?
-If you've ever been near one, what have you felt if anything?
-Why do you think some folk claim to be able to "see" these apperitions yet others cannot? And how do you think this possible?
-Do you think Ghosts can feel emotions/pain?
-Why do you think the natural reaction to a ghost is to be scared?

Sorry if that's a bit too much there but I'm curious, everyone has their own personal view on these questions so I thought it'd be cool to see everyone's own unique view on this.

Thanks guys
coloradogirl On March 12, 2014

, Colorado
#2New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:26:53
I have seen and been near one. There is a guy that moves with us. He hangs in my daughters room. He doesn't bother anything. The room gets really cold when he is around. You may think I'm crazy but it's true.

#3New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:29:26
@coloradogirl Said

I have seen and been near one. There is a guy that moves with us. He hangs in my daughters room. He doesn't bother anything. The room gets really cold when he is around. You may think I'm crazy but it's true.

I don't think your crazy, I had experiances when I was younger so I don't see anyone's view here as crazy lol, does this man do much when he shows? Is there a certain time to his appearance or is it random? Sorry I don't mean to bombard you with questions lol, I'm just intrigued Thank you for sharing though
Michael718 On March 16, 2010
.... Evil genius?

Deleted

Caprica City, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:32:58
Perhaps ghosts are the remnants of the soul left in this existence, or (more likely in my opinion) it is a place where souls exist overlapping into our existence, possible where the boundaries between these 'universes' had disappered or been weakened. Sorry that doesnt answer everything but hats what i believe.

, Colorado
#5New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:36:36
He justs stands there. He shows up around 2 or 3 in the morning. There is times when he comes my bedroom and it wakes me up with him standing over me. Yes it scares me.
We have moved twice and he has come with us. He has a black hat and a long black coat on. He just hangs around. I don't know who he is.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#6New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:36:40
I went to Military School less than a mile from the actual battle site of a cival war battle in Lexington MO. One night a couple kids were in the woods smoking when they ran into the barracks pale white, said they saw confederate soldiers and a drummer boy walking through the woods....Well one of them said it...the other was just laying in his bed crying...pretty believable if they just made it up.

Another time my sister and her friend picked up a hitch hiker...she didnt normally pick up people....but she said she had a weird feeling about this guy...So they were traveling about 75mph for about 10 minutes, the guy didnt say a word. Then all of a sudden, the dude says "Jesus is coming." My sister's friend turned around to say "funny you say that, becau...." The dude was gone...Didnt jump out or anything. I just thought they were on drugs though.

, Colorado
#7New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:40:00
He doesn't come every night. There is times when I feel someone sitting on my bed but there is nobody there. My cat won't go in my daughters room without her. It's kinda funny

#8New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:42:37
@Michael718 Said

Perhaps ghosts are the remnants of the soul left in this existence, or (more likely in my opinion) it is a place where souls exist overlapping into our existence, possible where the boundaries between these 'universes' had disappered or been weakened. Sorry that doesnt answer everything but hats what i believe.

It dosn't matter that you didn't answer everything, your imputs all the more helpful So, forgive me if I've misunderstood, you believe that ghosts are in a sense a different existance that overlaps ours, like in a broken/weakened boundary? I do apologise if I've misunderstood

#9New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:45:01
@coloradogirl Said

He doesn't come every night. There is times when I feel someone sitting on my bed but there is nobody there. My cat won't go in my daughters room without her. It's kinda funny

Aaww bless, I mean animals are said to have a 6th sense or something so are able to sense things that people aren't, but it is weird that he appears to follow you when you move, have you seen anyone about it? Or have you just gotten used to it happening? and him appearing?

#10New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:48:20
@Coleosis Said

I went to Military School less than a mile from the actual battle site of a cival war battle in Lexington MO. One night a couple kids were in the woods smoking when they ran into the barracks pale white, said they saw confederate soldiers and a drummer boy walking through the woods....Well one of them said it...the other was just laying in his bed crying...pretty believable if they just made it up.

Another time my sister and her friend picked up a hitch hiker...she didnt normally pick up people....but she said she had a weird feeling about this guy...So they were traveling about 75mph for about 10 minutes, the guy didnt say a word. Then all of a sudden, the dude says "Jesus is coming." My sister's friend turned around to say "funny you say that, becau...." The dude was gone...Didnt jump out or anything. I just thought they were on drugs though.

That's really cool, I've done a fair bit of reading about ghosts and hitch hikers are a fairly common one for me to read about for whatever reason lol, so something may well have occurred there! And also with battles there are a tonne of memories/history etc that occurs so I can understand as to why a lot of apparitions can involve soldiers, for example I used to live in the lakes and there were rumours of Roman soldiers marching through some pubs cellers, only showing themselves knee upwards, you couldn't see anything below the knees. But thanks for helping out
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:49:00
What do you personally believe is a ghost?

a ghost is a manifestation from the human brain.

-If you've ever been near one, what have you felt if anything?

no

-Why do you think some folk claim to be able to "see" these apperitions yet others cannot? And how do you think this possible?

some people are more susceptable to the idea that there is a spiritual existence, to the point where they truly beleive the manifestations they see and hear are actually spirits of dead people. Like hypnosis some people are more suggestible than others.

-Do you think Ghosts can feel emotions/pain?

no

-Why do you think the natural reaction to a ghost is to be scared?

Nurture, our society is scared of death, decay and old age.

, Colorado
#12New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:50:56
I haven't seen anybody but I would like to. I want a real person and it's hard to find. I always wondered why he chose us. I would love to find out more about him.
Michael718 On March 16, 2010
.... Evil genius?

Deleted

Caprica City, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:53:22
@becky_pepper Said

It dosn't matter that you didn't answer everything, your imputs all the more helpful So, forgive me if I've misunderstood, you believe that ghosts are in a sense a different existance that overlaps ours, like in a broken/weakened boundary? I do apologise if I've misunderstood

yes, in short ghost exist in a different realm to humans, and beacuse it is not in our quantum state it overlaps, and in places where this boundary is weakened/nonexistent 'ghosts' can be seen. Thank you for appreciating my input.

#14New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:55:06
@coloradogirl Said

I haven't seen anybody but I would like to. I want a real person and it's hard to find. I always wondered why he chose us. I would love to find out more about him.

It's always hard to find a real medium, there's one show I tend to watch at my partners, and the guys in it are based in America, it's called Ghost Hunters, I don't know whether you've heard of it, you probably have. But they go out to prove there's actually NO ghost, but they stay open minded at the same time and brin along equipment and if you do a search for them on youtube, they come up with some stuff that they just can't explain! If you wanted to you could possible try and get in touch with them or summat? Sounds a bit far fetched I guess

, Colorado
#15New Post! Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:57:14
I watch Ghost hunters all the time. Love that show. It's disappointing that they don't find alot but still interesting. I'm so into the paranormal.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs