News & Current Events

Coronavirus

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...46 47 48 49 50 ...81 82 83 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#706New Post! May 16, 2020 @ 16:43:17
The Daily Mail article in the post provided good information backed up with sources. I'll keep checking them. Note that sometimes I find stories on pay news sites. Since posting links to these stories would take a non subscriber to a story they can't actually read I then search for a story on the same topic from a non pay news site.

4dforum.org,
#707New Post! May 16, 2020 @ 16:46:14
Here's an on topic story from the South China Morning Post about how the row between China and US (fabricated or actual) and the US's de-funding of WHO is hampering efforts by said organization to research the origins of the COVID virus. The researchers have taken multiple samples from animals at the Wuhan wet market but have not so far come up with the animal that the disease jumped from.
Darkman666 On March 27, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#708New Post! May 16, 2020 @ 17:55:20
@4d4m Said

Here's an on topic story from the South China Morning Post about how the row between China and US (fabricated or actual) and the US's de-funding of WHO is hampering efforts by said organization to research the origins of the COVID virus. The researchers have taken multiple samples from animals at the Wuhan wet market but have not so far come up with the animal that the disease jumped from.

in last months, less fifty or even 10 animals that shows they had the virus in the world. maybe the virus is airborn spread by contact anything hits.

the news over last couple of weeks, tell the public, if you are in the public. do not touch or let dogs or cats lick you or you pet them.

the virus like the common cold and the flu just airborn and touch something that where you get from. not by one single source!
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#709New Post! May 17, 2020 @ 04:15:06
I'm not worried about COVID-19.

I own firearms that protect me... I own body armor which protects me... I was born in the south so I have a really cool flag that protects me... I have a MAGA hat (I actually do) that protects me... and a super duper missile is being created to protect me...

That stupid corona virus doesn't have a change at infecting me... I'm going to kick it sissy lib-tard ass!

And I have a blue dress.

No way I'm at risk... and I'm going out to a bunch of churches and bars to prove it...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#710New Post! May 17, 2020 @ 13:37:44
@chaski Said

I'm not worried about COVID-19.

I own firearms that protect me... I own body armor which protects me... I was born in the south so I have a really cool flag that protects me... I have a MAGA hat (I actually do) that protects me... and a super duper missile is being created to protect me...

That stupid corona virus doesn't have a change at infecting me... I'm going to kick it sissy lib-tard ass!

And I have a blue dress.

No way I'm at risk... and I'm going out to a bunch of churches and bars to prove it...

I'm just going to hold out until it magically disappears.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#711New Post! May 17, 2020 @ 14:25:33
@mrmhead Said

I'm just going to hold out until it magically disappears.

you go to church, wearing your blue dress. it's just disappears all sudden. it would be a miracle. the congregation will be truly bless!

NE, Ohio
#712New Post! May 17, 2020 @ 15:26:46
@darkman666 Said

you go to church, wearing your blue dress. it's just disappears all sudden. it would be a miracle. the congregation will be truly bless!

It sure would be something if Chaski's blue dress magically disappeared while at church!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#713New Post! May 17, 2020 @ 15:32:52
@mrmhead Said

It sure would be something if Chaski's blue dress magically disappeared while at church!

it is a kind that jesus would do 380 degrees turn circles in his grave.

4dforum.org,
#714New Post! May 17, 2020 @ 17:06:40
The New York Post is running a story about a study being done on the origins of the COVID-19 virus. According to the study “'The publicly available genetic data does not point to cross-species transmission of the virus at the market,' said Alina Chan, a molecular biologist, and Shing Zhan, an evolutionary biologist,"

They claim the virus did not jump species at the Wuhan fish market and had to have been brought there by someone already infected.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#715New Post! May 18, 2020 @ 11:57:49
@bob_the_fisherman Said

One telltale sign of someone suffering a psychological disorder related to the current President of the USA is that they lose 100% of the otherwise normal human capacity to embrace nuance.

Can you do nuance? Is nuance a thing for you?

Just because I say we should end the lock down does not mean you should go licking door handles. Wuflu is still potentially dangerous. However, we can take precautions, like hand washing. While the precaution is not foolproof, the alternative, an extended lock down, will kill a lot of people - depression caused by bankruptcy, suicide, undiagnosed cancers etc. Why should we kill random people to save the ill?

And it is not like I don't have "skin in the game" so to speak. I have close family members that I very much want to live who will almost certainly die if they get this virus. We still need to reopen our economies though.

If you want to cower in fear you are free to do so.

Let those who can work, work. Let those who can't because of underlying health issues etc., stay home (and the government should assist them). Don't punish everyone because the virus is dangerous to the ill. And as far as people dying - again, as I said before, we were not immortal until sometime in February 2020. People die all the time. What we can do is mitigate, rather than decimate the economy and destroy the lives of the overwhelming majority of ordinary people.

Whether you like it or not, the predictive model employed was hopelessly wrong. With new data we can remodel, and find another pathway out of this Chinese disease.

So how many years have those on the left been screaming "my body my choice"..you can't get the hip replaced that is keeping a person unable to walk or that blown disc in their back that keeps them from any sort of normal function...BUT in all the left ran states the abortion clinics are still open?...sorry that couple were to stupid to use one of the 57 types of birth control...

Yet the rest of us peons are not smart enough to do things to keep us and our neighbors safe from a virus??...Here in Michigan the winter wheat is rotting in the fields because the witch..(not the word I wanted to use)..will not let the farmers work their fields...only 6 out of the 82 counties have not had more then 50 to 100 cases of the virus those of us that live in the corn fields are and have been mostly virus free yet we are not allowed to do what they have always done and they do alone..
Stalker

#716New Post! May 18, 2020 @ 15:59:36
@bobbimay Said

Here in Michigan the winter wheat is rotting in the fields..

Do you have any links to that information?

It isn't that I doubt you, and I couldn't care less about the witch, but agriculture is listed for the state of Michigan as one of "the jobs/business that must continue to operate".

Farm workers and support service workers to include those who field crops..
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#717New Post! May 18, 2020 @ 20:59:37
Unless she means not able to open like the meat processing plants.

Which is a different story, if one third your work force is out sick or dead, the stay at home orders are the least of your problems in the company. And no witch, good or bad, can change that problem. Well unless they are a necromancer,
But we would have noticed .zombies by now

NE, Ohio
#718New Post! May 18, 2020 @ 21:11:11
@DiscordTiger Said

Unless she means not able to open like the meat processing plants.

Which is a different story, if one third your work force is out sick or dead, the stay at home orders are the least of your problems in the company. And no witch, good or bad, can change that problem. Well unless they are a necromancer,
But we would have noticed .zombies by now

Unless they are asymptomatic zombies.
Stalker

#719New Post! May 18, 2020 @ 21:53:13
@mrmhead Said

Unless they are asymptomatic zombies.

Well, we all know that this COVID-19 pandemic is fake... thus the 90,263 deaths in the USA and the 316,000 deaths worldwide are also fake.

Which leaves us with the distinct possibility that we are in the middle of an asymptomatic zombie apocalypse.

4dforum.org,
#720New Post! May 19, 2020 @ 02:59:11
While perusing the news, as I often find myself doing, I noticed the following two articles. The first is from NPR . It is about the Covid virus infection rate on the Navajo Nation. It is higher by percent than anywhere else in the country. The other articl is from Vox . It details the hospitalization rate for black Americans (30%) as opposed to their population rate of 13%.

The Vox article points out that black people on average don't have access to the level of health care white Americans do and have a higher incidence of pre-existing conditions. Basically more poverty in the black community have contributed to the higher hospitalization rate.

The Navajo Nation has different health organizations depending on what part of the reservation one lives. They are all good organizations. The Navajo Nation has a very low population per area (persons per square mile), one would think this would help slow the spread of the disease locally. Not all of the regions have access to modern amenities like running water, but would that affect the infection rate?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...46 47 48 49 50 ...81 82 83 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs