News & Current Events

Coronavirus

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...20 21 22 23 24 ...81 82 83 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#316New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 04:35:46
As an aside, I have noticed the profile pic next to my posts is showing up as Ali G (or Tino) for some reason. Hopefully this can be fixed, not sure how that happened.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#317New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 04:39:21
@4d4m Said

Actually viruses do work like other living things; they evolve the same way. However, they reproduce, and therefore evolve, at a more rapid pace. Their environment is their host, so they evolve to exploit their host for energy. That is why many diseases are species specific. The odds of them being able to cross species and become infectious low. This can be said of any adaptation. The Swine Flu or Spanish Flu of 1917 was an example of a Flu being able to cross from a pig to a human.
The odds being low has less meaning for a rapidly producing and abundant virus strain with many individual virus cells.

@4d4m Said

cross species transmission
note the section on predicting and preventing cross species transmission
and Using genetic markers
according to this wiki on spillover zoonosis almost 2/3 of human viruses originated in other animals. Some of these occurrences have no result, some have limited infectious ability in humans that get them, like rabies, others adapt to the new host environment and become contagious within the human population

@4d4m Said

Therefore, to breed a virus strain from an animal strain one simply needs to keep injecting human subjects with the animal strain they wish to use. If the subject gets sick, swab their saliva, put it in a petri dish and breed another batch. Keep injecting until one is transmitted from a subject to a non injected subject. Each injection has thousands of individual virus cells, somewhere in there is the right mutation. The ability of scientists to use genetic markers and visually identify them with research equipment would shorten the time necessary for success in this effort

@4d4m Said

Could this have been done, yes. Was it done is a question. The different articles I've read have different spins and professionals and scientists weighing in.
Not too many seem to be paying attention to the scientists that actually worked in the lab in Wuhan. Factually there has been concerted effort to shut them up.

The Beijing sponsored South China University of Technology doesn’t think the virus originated at the Wuhan fish market. This Investment Watch article details the claims. In their paper ‘The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus,’ penned by scholars Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao claims the WHCDC kept disease-ridden animals in laboratories, including 605 bats.

We also know scientists from the lab in Wuhan China say the virus was being held in their facility. According to this 2017 Nature article, which has had a disclaimer recently added, the lab in Wuhan was holding the SARS virus for study.

Then there's the "whistleblower" scientist Li Wenliang who died of the coronavirus. His story in The Guardian

The Chinese scientists are saying it did come from the lab. the question is if it was released intentionally or not.

@4d4m Said

As an aside, I have noticed the profile pic next to my posts is showing up as Ali G (or Tino) for some reason. Hopefully this can be fixed, not sure how that happened.

There is a future career for you in the writing of Conspiracy Theory Zombie Apocalypse movies... and/or books.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#318New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 05:36:15
@4d4m Said

Actually viruses do work like other living things; they evolve the same way. However, they reproduce, and therefore evolve, at a more rapid pace. Their environment is their host, so they evolve to exploit their host for energy. That is why many diseases are species specific. The odds of them being able to cross species and become infectious low. This can be said of any adaptation. The Swine Flu or Spanish Flu of 1917 was an example of a Flu being able to cross from a pig to a human.
The odds being low has less meaning for a rapidly producing and abundant virus strain with many individual virus cells.

Dude, a virus is not a “living” thing in the most basic scientific definitions. It’s not even a “cell”. Viruses are literally their own category of things.

Comparing it to breeding animals is fundamentally incorrect.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#319New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 15:07:13
@4d4m Said

@DiscordTiger Said

Dude, a virus is not a “living” thing in the most basic scientific definitions. It’s not even a “cell”. Viruses are literally their own category of things.

Comparing it to breeding animals is fundamentally incorrect.

Maybe your profile or the site got infected with a Virus!?!

Not Wiki, Not sorry

NE, Ohio
#320New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 15:30:57
Another aspect I hadn't even thought of ...
Workers losing their jobs could also be losing their health insurance - just when they may need it most.

4dforum.org,
#321New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 16:39:31

It's happening to you too chaski. Check it out without logging in
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#322New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 16:51:14
@4d4m Said

It's happening to you too chaski. Check it out without logging in

Today is Aprili 1st..... April Fool's Day.

Changing avatars today is El Tino's running prank.

This happens every year... literally every year for as long as I can remember, and I have been a member longer than almost anyone else here.

4dforum.org,
#323New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 17:05:26
LOL, I forgot it was April 1st!

4dforum.org,
#324New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 17:23:57
This Epoch TImes article by Nichole Hao states "The number of Chinese cellphone users dropped by 21 million in the past three months, Beijing authorities announced on March 19. Deaths due to the CCP virus may have contributed to the high number of account closings."
Also in the Epoch Times a Chinese student, Zhang Wenbin, stated in this twitter video "Down with the Communist Party." Subsequently he hasn't been seen nor heard from since.
I am so over Karl Marx.

NE, Ohio
#325New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 19:10:26
And from our No s*** Sherlock department:

China concealed numbers!

NE, Ohio
#326New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 00:29:54
So, not intending to sound cold hearted, indifferent, or making light of it ....

When all of these infected people get better, the thought is that they are immune. So can they go back to work?

If they are immune, can they still be carriers? - even so, we could maintain the social distancing to continue to flatten the curve.

Now if re-infection occurs, then we're eff'd.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#327New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 02:57:54
I did see some brief speculation that there were people in China who had supposedly recovered but then started showing signs of infection again - I think Tim Poole looked into it. I have not investigated it as I have been doing other things but if that is true that would be an interesting and possibly unpleasant development.

And the possibility of being reinfected exists if this virus is unstable and rapidly mutating.

Either way it is an interesting time right now.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#328New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 03:40:11
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I did see some brief speculation that there were people in China who had supposedly recovered but then started showing signs of infection again - I think Tim Poole looked into it. I have not investigated it as I have been doing other things but if that is true that would be an interesting and possibly unpleasant development.

And the possibility of being reinfected exists if this virus is unstable and rapidly mutating.

Either way it is an interesting time right now.

Some viruses don't go away... ever.

Some have recurring symptoms... think Chicken Pox/Shingles.

Some virus just sit there until they "decide" to wreck havoc... think HIV.

Some viruses sort of go away, but long term effects such as joint pain, vision loss, deafness, etc remain... think Ebola.

Do viruses every truly go away...?

NE, Ohio
#329New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 11:54:19
@chaski Said

Some viruses don't go away... ever.

Some have recurring symptoms... think Chicken Pox/Shingles.

Some virus just sit there until they "decide" to wreck havoc... think HIV.

Some viruses sort of go away, but long term effects such as joint pain, vision loss, deafness, etc remain... think Ebola.

Do viruses every truly go away...?

I was wondering the same thing - how this may compare to some other viruses, whether when we recover if the COVID virus is truly "Gone" from our bodies.

A quick search didn't turn up any answers.
Basically it's still too early to know.

All I saw was an article about "recovery" which was really just stepping through symptoms and treatments and saying it could take a week or more after the symptoms/fever breaks for patients to feel back to 100%

NE, Ohio
#330New Post! Apr 02, 2020 @ 12:24:14
Why the hell would anyone threaten Dr Fauci?
Apparently he now has a security detail.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...20 21 22 23 24 ...81 82 83 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs