Society & Lifestyles

Cops under attack

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 12:02:45
If you're in the UK and interested in the job that the Police do then watch channel 5 at 9pm on Wednesday night. A cop is physically attacked every 17 minutes in the UK. This tv programme tells some of those stories.

london, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 12:11:41
A fact just broadcast on a police documentary programme. It's estimated that 46.000 children are involved with illegal drugs. 4.000 children in London are involved in the 'County Lines' system of distributing drugs. As usual i saw cops doing great work, chasing down offenders, arresting them and right at the end none of them were jailed. All released on investigation or pending forensics. All free to carry on selling poison.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 12:14:30
@offbeat Said

If you're in the UK and interested in the job that the Police do then watch channel 5 at 9pm on Wednesday night. A cop is physically attacked every 17 minutes in the UK. This tv programme tells some of those stories.

As a counterpoint, to add some nuance, this.....

Stop and Search Powers of Police

A black person 40 times more likely to be stopped and searched.

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 12:33:48
@dookie Said

As a counterpoint, to add some nuance, this.....

Stop and Search Powers of Police

A black person 40 times more likely to be stopped and searched.

Funny that because the tv show i just watched showed all white perpetrators being stopped. Are you suggesting that your nugget of information somehow balances out the assaulting of police officers?
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 12:44:51
@offbeat Said

Funny that because the tv show i just watched showed all white perpetrators being stopped. Are you suggesting that your nugget of information somehow balances out the assaulting of police officers?

First, the statistics are indisputable. Read them. You are of course at liberty to explain them away. The TV showed just white perpetrators being stopped? Quite possible.

And no, my nugget of information was put forward for "nuance" , not to balance anything.

It does seem beyond the parameters set by your mind to actually believe it possible to be concerned about BOTH assaults upon our police and discrimination against a particular ethnic group.

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 12:57:22
@dookie Said

First, the statistics are indisputable. Read them. You are of course at liberty to explain them away. The TV showed just white perpetrators being stopped? Quite possible.

And no, my nugget of information was put forward for "nuance" , not to balance anything.

It does seem beyond the parameters set by your mind to actually believe it possible to be concerned about BOTH assaults upon our police and discrimination against a particular ethnic group.

This is where we differ. You buy into the victim mentality of special interest groups whereas i trust the police to know what they're doing. The truth of the matter is that the police are called on to reduce the regular deaths of young black men but are then vilified for stopping those that are more likely to kill young black men.... Other black men. But you know this, you just can't help quoting from the 'woke' script.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:11:41
@offbeat Said

This is where we differ. You buy into the victim mentality of special interest groups whereas i trust the police to know what they're doing. The truth of the matter is that the police are called on to reduce the regular deaths of young black men but are then vilified for stopping those that are more likely to kill young black men.... Other black men. But you know this, you just can't help quoting from the 'woke' script.

No, I do not buy into anything.

While I realise that the police are highly unlikely to stop and search a little old lady and rifle through her handbag, I simply recognise prejudice when it is obvious.

You seem rather fond of pontificating upon "the truth of the matter" and of speaking for the "everyday man". You have your own perspective. No more.

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:22:57
@dookie Said

No, I do not buy into anything.

While I realise that the police are highly unlikely to stop and search a little old lady and rifle through her handbag, I simply recognise prejudice when it is obvious.

You seem rather fond of pontificating upon "the truth of the matter" and of speaking for the "everyday man". You have your own perspective. No more.

It is obvious that they are stopping more black men But it's also obvious that those black men that are being killed in large numbers are killed by black men who carry knives. A recent stat i heard states that out of every hundred searches there are 15 hits. That could well add up to 15 black men that didn't get stabbed. With ctitics like you and all the other 'wokies' it wouldn't surprise me if they say enough is enough and just let them kill each other. Interesting that the people who criticize the police never criticize the gang culture that breeds knife crime. They would rather blame the police and the lack of youth clubs. Tsk!
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:28:36
@offbeat Said

It is obvious that they are stopping more black men But it's also obvious that those black men that are being killed in large numbers are killed by black men who carry knives. A recent stat i heard states that out of every hundred searches there are 15 hits. That could well add up to 15 black men that didn't get stabbed. With ctitics like you and all the other 'wokies' it wouldn't surprise me if they say enough is enough and just let them kill each other. Interesting that the people who criticize the police never criticize the gang culture that breeds knife crime. They would rather blame the police and the lack of youth clubs. Tsk!

I am NOT criticising. I am observing whatever data is to hand and seeking a nuanced view.

I do not "blame the police and the lack of youth clubs". I simply recognise that the current state of our society is created by multiple causes.

While you simply state the cause is down to "lefties" and rage against "scumbags" who should be "shot on sight".

london, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:30:39
@dookie Said

I am NOT criticising. I am observing whatever data is to hand and seeking a nuanced view.

I do not "blame the police and the lack of youth clubs". I simply recognise that the current state of our society is created by multiple causes.

While you simply state the cause is down to "lefties" and rage against "scumbags" who should be "shot on sight".

I don't think you're allowed to use those words on a 'respectful' forum Del. Where the hell is the moderator when you need one!
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:36:01
The name is Derek.

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:47:52
@dookie Said

The name is Derek.

Pardon me Delboy!
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 14:02:14
@offbeat Said

Pardon me Delboy!

As I said, the name is Derek. Derek or Dookie.

Thanks.

london, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 14:36:57
@dookie Said

As I said, the name is Derek. Derek or Dookie.

Thanks.

No worries Dezza!
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Aug 17, 2020 @ 14:57:03
@offbeat Said

No worries Dezza!

Ok. Just at the right time I am off for a visit to the grandchildren and family.

Called at various times, dookie, grandad, derek and hey you.

If anyone is desperate to know the meaning of life, they can PM me.

Bye for now.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs