Mental Health

Coping Skills for Stress

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Gryphaena On May 08, 2020

Chula Vista, California
#1New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 00:51:48
Hello, what do you all do?

I mainly listen to music, write, or feel my rock that I keep in my jacket pocket.

It feels soothing when I am anxious.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 01:16:00
Now that you mention it, I think Black Reserve soothes the soul a little better than _87

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 01:16:55
Music is good too - you'll find me in a number of music threads.
Darkman666 On 48 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 01:46:19
about eight years, i used listen to music to sleep at night for 45 years. the music i listened to 60's to 70's classic. music help relax with stress. stress is a state of mind. it is best to ride through, think of things that not your problem. i would recommend stay positive, it doesn't always help for me that much. over years, i tried put my foot in someone's feet, who has the problem. for perfective that help some. no easy answers to coping with stress.

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 01:53:27
@darkman666 Said

about eight years, i used listen to music to sleep at night for 45 years. the music i listened to 60's to 70's classic. music help relax with stress. stress is a state of mind. it is best to ride through, think of things that not your problem. i would recommend stay positive, it doesn't always help for me that much. over years, i tried put my foot in someone's feet, who has the problem. for perfective that help some. no easy answers to coping with stress.

I remember listening to AM radio - early 70's (Crocodile Rock) - to go to sleep, and then wake up in the middle of the night with it blasting some bizarre talk radio. That's probably what gave me half of my nightmares! Haha!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 01:58:38
@mrmhead Said

I remember listening to AM radio - early 70's (Crocodile Rock) - to go to sleep, and then wake up in the middle of the night with it blasting some bizarre talk radio. That's probably what gave me half of my nightmares! Haha!

the reason, why i stop listen to radio too many radio commercials in the middle night. weekday morning radio talk show really that funny to listen, suppose to be it, it wasn't.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 02:09:17
@darkman666 Said

the reason, why i stop listen to radio too many radio commercials in the middle night. weekday morning radio talk show really that funny to listen, suppose to be it, it wasn't.

I've found, often times, if you listen closely, they're just repeating a lot of nothing. They're trying to fill air time and - admittedly - they're good at it.

They say the same thing over and over but in a different way.

And if you don't listen closely you won't notice that they're repeating things differently

But if you do pay attention, you notice it repeats and becomes repetitious and redundant.

And they repeat themselves.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! May 08, 2020 @ 02:19:39
@mrmhead Said

I've found, often times, if you listen closely, they're just repeating a lot of nothing. They're trying to fill air time and - admittedly - they're good at it.

They say the same thing over and over but in a different way.

And if you don't listen closely you won't notice that they're repeating things differently

But if you do pay attention, you notice it repeats and becomes repetitious and redundant.

And they repeat themselves.

radio is like to tv more commercials on the air, more the station can pay. more songs are play in an hour, more pr for the music artist to be expose to the public. dj has talk for 4 to 6 hour a day, they talk a lot for their show. when they repeat them more to plug something for the station. repeat the news.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs