Forums:
Jokes & Humor

Contempt of court

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On about 18 hours ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 20, 2018 @ 11:29:00
An Irish man was forced to take a day off from work to appear for a minor traffic summons. He grew increasingly restless as he waited hour after endless hour for his case to be heard.

When his name was called late in the afternoon, he stood before the judge, only to hear that court would be adjourned for the rest of the afternoon and he would have to return the next day.

“What for?!?!?” he snapped at the judge.

His honour, equally irked by a tedious day and sharp query, roared out loud: “Twenty pounds contempt of court! That's why!”

Then, noticing the man checking his wallet, the judge relented: “That's all right. You don't have to pay now.”

The young man replied, “I know. But I'm just seeing if I have enough money for two more words.”
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jan 20, 2018 @ 15:26:24
@rondetto Said

An Irish man was forced to take a day off from work to appear for a minor traffic summons. He grew increasingly restless as he waited hour after endless hour for his case to be heard.

When his name was called late in the afternoon, he stood before the judge, only to hear that court would be adjourned for the rest of the afternoon and he would have to return the next day.

“What for?!?!?” he snapped at the judge.

His honour, equally irked by a tedious day and sharp query, roared out loud: “Twenty pounds contempt of court! That's why!”

Then, noticing the man checking his wallet, the judge relented: “That's all right. You don't have to pay now.”

The young man replied, “I know. But I'm just seeing if I have enough money for two more words.”

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs