Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 12:18:14
Quantum Computers , use qubits which can be in two states at once, as opposed to digital bits being simply off or on.

"Large-scale quantum computers could be able to solve certain problems much faster than any classical computer.... There exist quantum algorithms..., which run faster than any possible probabilistic classical algorithm.... The computational basis of 500 qubits, for example, would already be too large to be represented on a classical computer because it would require 2 to the 500 complex values to be stored. (For comparison, a terabyte of digital information stores only 2 to the 43 discrete on/off values)....Trying to store all these complex numbers would not be possible on any conceivable classical computer."

I was just considering how far we've come using digital computers with the massive growth in speed, volume and cross referencing capabilities they give us for processing information and communication. But it's like an abacus compared to a relatively small quantum computer.

I try to imagine the impact of quantum computing, but it's like trying to imagine the world of marvels we have now from a perspective just 30 years ago. Who could envision what the increases in speed and decreases in size would mean--I mean the Internet alone....

The best analogy I can come up with is digital computing has given us the World, while quantum computing would give us the universe. In fact, it is theorized that the universe is indistinguishable from a quantum computer, governing, and recording(?), every quantum level event since time began.

And we thought fire was a big deal. If we could tap (hack?) into that, there would be no secrets, and we could replay ourselves at will, making us essentially immortal. And what if that capability fell into the wrong hands? Which leads us to the ultimate question, does this universe/computer have a security program?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 20:19:00
Yup, the more switches we have, the more options have.

God's most clever world was Lever World.

And I'm not sure if you're digging up old concerns for conversation's sake - but that is pretty much one the 'troubles' with our existence.

While many will worry who's going to take seat as next pres some of us wonder if there really is such a thing as 'C.A.V.E.' and what would become of those under experiment after the University's science lab was taken over by a criminal force.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 20:28:09
I think you're taking the significance of quantum computing about ten steps too far.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 20:30:08
@jonnythan Said

I think you're taking the significance of quantum computing about ten steps too far.

Pretty much and whatever comes of Quantum Computing they're gonna f*** it up with .NET anyway.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:19:13
@jonnythan Said

Not that I'm claiming prescience, or even a profound understanding of the significance of quantum computers, but we had no idea where digital computers would take us 30 years ago. I'm going completely on the quantum leap quantum computing will give us based on the capabilities provided by it's two states at once properties. And the universe being the equivalent of a quantum computer is not my idea at all. Talk to the guy who designs them (Seth Lloyd).
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:22:11
This is software and hardware put together for the communication System unchanged?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#7New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:28:11
son of a beach.
new computers, new games, new internet stuff.
they are gonna make us by one of these, aint they?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:30:45
the more paths open at every room type thing?
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:34:22
@Willi Said

the more paths open at every room type thing?

NO, I'm saying in advance we should know what we are interested in communicating. If it's accounting withdrawal and international debt informing, forget it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#10New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:42:17
@Reviso Said

NO, I'm saying in advance we should know what we are interested in communicating. If it's accounting withdrawal and international debt informing, forget it.

i was more thinking on how it worked.
in the opast, every room had 2 doors.
these have 4 doors?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:54:08
qubits which can be in two states at once.
a qubit has 4 sides?
each door connected to all the doors...
the borg, run.

then 4x4?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#12New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:56:04
4x4 getting in...
16 in, 16 out?
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#13New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 06:55:02
@Willi Said

son of a beach.
new computers, new games, new internet stuff.
they are gonna make us by one of these, aint they?

Nahhh Willi,it'll just be the same s***,but in a different format anything to add to the confusion
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#14New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 06:57:52
@Willi Said

qubits which can be in two states at once.
a qubit has 4 sides?
each door connected to all the doors...
the borg, run.

then 4x4?

THE BORG Resistance is Futile if the Borg have anything to do with it we'll all be just another part of the Collective.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Jun 04, 2012 @ 11:38:41
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Not that I'm claiming prescience, or even a profound understanding of the significance of quantum computers, but we had no idea where digital computers would take us 30 years ago. I'm going completely on the quantum leap quantum computing will give us based on the capabilities provided by it's two states at once properties. And the universe being the equivalent of a quantum computer is not my idea at all. Talk to the guy who designs them (Seth Lloyd).

Your posts on this topic might carry more weight if you first found out what the word "quantum" means.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs