Friendships

Confused

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jun 05, 2016 @ 07:06:05
Okay, so I know there is a "love line" thread, but this is something I need help with that I feel only the women of TFS can help me with only because I believe they may have a better understanding. No offense to the men. So there is a female friend of mine, who sadly I caught feelings for (didn't expect to or wanted to) who I get along with...... Sometimes. Ever since last week, she's been acting a little different. I don't know what it is and I don't want to confront her or talk to her only because it might make things worse. At least I think it will. Well one of our friends returned to the night shift with us. She got happy. Now she kind of ignores me when he's around. Actually, when other males are around. It's not like she's flirting with them or anything. She sometimes gives me odd looks. For example Saturday, she saw me and my friend walking. Asked us where we're going. My friend starting running his mouth as usual. He got a hug from her and then she just looked at me. No hello, no smile. She gave me a look like I did something to her or that I was bothering her. I didn't know what to say. It confused me. So I just went to my car. I don't really know what to do. I wanna ask her what is going on and what did I do wrong, but what if she denies it and plays stupid. I have too much going on and I don't have time for childish games.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Jun 05, 2016 @ 15:48:08
@Cpat92 Said

Okay, so I know there is a "love line" thread, but this is something I need help with that I feel only the women of TFS can help me with only because I believe they may have a better understanding. No offense to the men. So there is a female friend of mine, who sadly I caught feelings for (didn't expect to or wanted to) who I get along with...... Sometimes. Ever since last week, she's been acting a little different. I don't know what it is and I don't want to confront her or talk to her only because it might make things worse. At least I think it will. Well one of our friends returned to the night shift with us. She got happy. Now she kind of ignores me when he's around. Actually, when other males are around. It's not like she's flirting with them or anything. She sometimes gives me odd looks. For example Saturday, she saw me and my friend walking. Asked us where we're going. My friend starting running his mouth as usual. He got a hug from her and then she just looked at me. No hello, no smile. She gave me a look like I did something to her or that I was bothering her. I didn't know what to say. It confused me. So I just went to my car. I don't really know what to do. I wanna ask her what is going on and what did I do wrong, but what if she denies it and plays stupid. I have too much going on and I don't have time for childish games.

It sounds like she may have picked up on the change in the way you feel about her . It might be to your advantage to invite her for coffee or ice tea . If she accepts then just be straight up and tell her that your feelings have changed and that you would like to spend time with her and get to know her better. Don't bring up how you think she has changed or that you feel she is different . Save that conversation for sometime down the road after you two have gotten to know each other better . This way you will know ,without trying to guess , how she feels . If she says she wants to be friends then you still have a friend, if she agrees to spending time getting to know each other better well then you still have a friend who may become more over time.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#3New Post! Jun 05, 2016 @ 18:27:59
I know you won't want to hear this but you need to talk to her.
Men tend to take things at face value.
Woman tend to take things from a more indepth emotional angle.

It could be as simple as shes been having a bad you've took that personal. then on the next meeting shes been guarded with you as she feels your attitude has changed. Simply because your guarded with her because of the first time.

It could be someone else has said something to her.
It could be many reason.

I'll tell you something though us woman appreciate an honest upfront conversation on troubling matters, more than anything else.

you don't have to go in feet first and tell her how you feel. Do it slowly ask her whats going on with you's, as in your freindship, then go from there playing it by ear.
Leez On May 07, 2017

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 05, 2016 @ 20:00:19
It's a simple thing really - communication.
It's lacking and many expect others to be mind readers, or understand all the body languages and gestures.

I get the same impression from your story. There is no what if, just talk your feelings or doubts through in an honest yet diplomatic way.
If the outcome doesn't work as expected, accept it and move on.

Or, continue giving yourself hopes, and live with expectations that things may turn out the way you've imagined in your thoughts.

As for her reasons for acting differently, there could be any reason, and she is entitled to.

If she took no commitment from you, then, there is nothing that puts her in a position to justify anything.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 05, 2016 @ 20:01:38
Men are from Mars
Women are from Venus

Read the book, it's great and has plenty of relationship tips.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 01:21:28
@yami Said

Men are from Mars
Women are from Venus

Read the book, it's great and has plenty of relationship tips.

I have that book, I had never heard of a 'man cave' until that book .
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Jun 06, 2016 @ 01:31:01
Well you asked her out and so now it's out that you liked her more than just as a friend. Although the date never took place, she did pick up on this, so it's going to make sense that she is going to look at you differently now, and is unsure how to behave around and towards you as a result. Like the others here said, best to have a talk with her. I doubt she wants to go further than just being friends, and her cancellation of the date should be the signal on that, but if that's all you want at this point too then you do need to have that talk to make things right again.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Jun 07, 2016 @ 10:54:30
Well, from a outside source, shetc knew I liked her for a while now..... She just never acted on it I guess. Supposedly, she's been acting distant because there are timesome when I show up to work and I have an attitude, I refuse to talk to anyone. In modern slang they call it "throwing shade." I guess I threw shade to her and our mutual friend. Our mutual friend got fed up and told on both of us. Told her my side and told me her side. She acts distant only cuz when I'm upset, I ignore people and she never knows what's wrong with me so she backs off. So now for my friendship to stay intact, I have to speak more, even if I am angry. Also, someone found out and told a bunch of people, so now she also going off of what she knows and what the outside sources are telling her. Which makes things almost impossible.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs