Behind you in, New York
#1New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:57:31
Do people actually have it anymore? I'm starting to believe not
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:00:35
I guess it depends on the definition of common sense.

To me, common sense would dictate that I wouldn't introduce myself to a new person by saying "Hey c***"
liquer On March 06, 2010

Deleted

#3New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:06:21
You can tell if people have common sense if they have a sense of humor as humor is just common sense dancing.
Overload On October 19, 2010

Behind you in, New York
#4New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:07:26
So thats your definition of common sense huh?

I see it as dwelling and has nothing to do with this thread. Its not always gonna be about you and I jonny, let it go.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#5New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:23:50
f*** common sense,too many people have got that already.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:44:08
I have no common sense
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#7New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:48:45
Some have it, some don't.

However, this may be the point:

?It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.? ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
crazymofo On December 15, 2010

Lettsby Avenue, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 15:51:17
the only sense i have is a sense of humour
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#9New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:20:24
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend,

Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason..

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#10New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:22:51
@iwannano Said

Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason..

I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Damn fine post - Damn fine. I shall kudo you now.
claudibeee On July 06, 2014
Pagan and proud

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:24:01
@iwannano Said

I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Brilliant post.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#12New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:24:27
Cut n Paste job imo.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:24:53
@Wellard Said

Cut n Paste job imo.

It is, it's been posted quite a few times before.
Overload On October 19, 2010

Behind you in, New York
#14New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:26:37
@Patt Said

Some have it, some don't.

However, this may be the point:

?It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.? ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

I like that
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#15New Post! Mar 02, 2010 @ 16:27:20
@Overload Said

I like that

So do I - it's very true, is it not?

FYI - when I joined about a month ago - I was also immediately thought to be a sock puppet. Seems to be the way of things around here.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)