Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Coma Chamber

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 09:31:32
When you stop and think about it, how many days out of every week is it really necessary for you to be awake for?

In my instance I do casual work (like maybe two days a month) all other days I blow around the house bored and penniless and the only thing I accomplish is using up food and cigarette resources.

The whole life/death one or the other thing isn't all that great. I really wish we could live when there was a logical purpose to living and die during the days of the week that our existence wasn't necessary.

Like a work day - that's a good day to be up and at 'em. Or pay day, that's a day to have fun. But all the days in between are not necessary and it just leaves more opportunity to run myself dry on resources and get into trouble.

It would be really awesome if there was a facility that rented out coma chambers that we could set a timer on and go to sleep in.

How many of you have stopped and thought to yourselves "Today, this moment, right now, is absolute unnecessary and I am not needed anywhere."

How often do you wake up in the morning and not want to get out of bed because there is absolutely no practical reason too?
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 09:36:13
I used to feel that way when I was in my depression mode. I'm not saying you're depressed, but sounds like you're stuck in a rut. Take up a new hobby perhaps?

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 09:46:47
Well I've got a lot ovideo games and my 3D art programs. Plenty of things for amusement or entertainment but despite all this down time is costing people money.

The best way to conserve is just to stay in bed.

But it's impossible to do so. I start to feel really horrible if I force myself to remain in bed in the morning.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 15:16:38
Yeah, I think we all have those days; it's only human.

Cleaning is a good and productive way to pass the time. Makes you feel better too. - Doing it even if it doesn't acutally 'need' to be done. - And your parnter will appreciate it too. Will leave her less resentful, (IF you worry that she may feel that way? ) (not saying you don't do this already...but just in case. )
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 15:24:07
Why don't you get a job which requires more time in work. Reason to get up in the morning, more money, means you aren't sitting there just 'using resources' as you put it.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 15:34:42
I can't imagine how terrible it must be to live a life where free time is seen as an unnecessary drag. That sounds like hell.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 16:10:14
Wow, why don't you find something to do to make your life more eventful.

I wish I had all the time in the world do things I wanted to do but shoot, I always run out.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#8New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 17:25:06
Cripes, any free time I get is either spent getting those few minutes to myself with a cup of tea or spent out playing with the kids.

If I had no children and had free time when not working(even if it's only a few times a month) I'd be using that time to help others by volunteering. That means so much to others and...corny but true...it can give you the "warm fuzzies" knowing you helped others.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 23:38:36
I live a rich man's life sitting around all day with no responsibilities but it is because I'm poor and have not been able to find work yet.

Volunteering is an awesome idea.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs